UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unannounced Releases 3/5/2008

Looks like my LCS got the Kat & Mortar Cylon Pack & Few Dollars More this week. I saw them both but they were special orders... unfortunately to get in on the order thing, I've got to have 15 comic book subscriptions

I guess I'm waiting for AFX.

BTW, they both looked cool.

Nothing on the Classic BSG though

FYI - I'm on the West Coast

My LCS had BSG 4, ST 3, kate and the cylon, few more dollars (see below) and the classic BSG packs. I had no idea these were all coming out this week and only had enough to buy the new dark tower and few more dollars. I have to go back and rescue all those mates!

File0111.jpg

File0113.jpg

File0112.jpg

File0114.jpg

Gah! So much stuff coming out! I wonder if these were "left coast only" rules? My shop had nada.

Kat is already hitting? Awesome. My lil BSG army just keeps growing!

This will only leave the Razor sets...and then what? I sure hope they can find some great Season 4 characters/variations and give us another wave or two!

There's still quite a few things that could/should be done with Seasons 1-3 IMO. "New Caprica" had many character variants and we're still missing some key skin-jobs. Mini-flyers would also be an excellent way to bridge the gap between Season 4 'mates along with these missing elements. B)

My LCS had BSG 4, ST 3, kate and the cylon, few more dollars (see below) and the classic BSG packs. I had no idea these were all coming out this week and only had enough to buy the new dark tower and few more dollars. I have to go back and rescue all those mates!

File0111.jpg

File0113.jpg

File0112.jpg

File0114.jpg

Wow, that's an overwhelming ammount of mates at one time!! As anxious as I am for all of these, I'm kind'a glad that my orders haven't all come in at once (especially since I ordered full sets and multiples (four each of the exclusive and boxsets) . I just got DCD 7, Marvel 19 & 20 (and SM3...a little late) a couple of weeks ago (along with hella bill$!).

BTW, those FaFDM 'mates look awesome! Looks like I can be expecting an email real soon about mine. Enjoy and thanks for the great pic.s!

*anybody got pic.s of the other stuff (especially classic BSG; I'm curious as to if they have the checkerboard-piping details that the proto.s were missing)?

Got my BSG Classic Sets and the Kat 2-pk...

...and the bonus was that my LCS had everything (including new arrivals) at 35% off

Can't wait to get these home and crack them open

Sweeet!! I would have cleaned them out at those prices. Post some pic.s if you get a chance!

I'm a bit confused. AFX has been selling the Battlestar four wave and Star Trek 3 wave, for over a week now; but Diamond sayes next week for release. Now Fist is out? My head hurts, but I love all the mates.

Dude, it's Diamond. Nothing makes sense. Diamond is like French warfare. There is one thing that you can expect from the French in a war; they will eventually give up and let someone else bail their asses out. When whoever it is bails France's ass out, how does it repay them? it insults them and walks away. Stupid French. I don't know why the other countries still put up with them.

With Diamond, the thing you can expect is that they have no idea what the hell is going on with dates.

Looks like my LCS got the Kat & Mortar Cylon Pack & Few Dollars More this week. I saw them both but they were special orders... unfortunately to get in on the order thing, I've got to have 15 comic book subscriptions

That is a greedy, lame-a$$ policy. I have one LCS very close to home with a similar policy that I (and many others) refuse to give business to. I occasionally go in to inform them of this and rub-in how much of my business/money their competition is getting from me (happy customer=loyal customer). I'd say "I hope they choke on their product", but everytime one closes as a result of this, it hurts the over-all community. Mine gives 10% off everything as long as you spend more than $10. Not much (basically pays for tax), but every bit helps and it keeps me coming back for more business and bigger orders.

Diamond is like French warfare. There is one thing that you can expect from the French in a war; they will eventually give up and let someone else bail their asses out. When whoever it is bails France's ass out, how does it repay them? it insults them and walks away. Stupid French. I don't know why the other countries still put up with them.

Stupid French. But we sure showed them during the American Revolution! God Bless the USA!

Diamond is like French warfare. There is one thing that you can expect from the French in a war; they will eventually give up and let someone else bail their asses out. When whoever it is bails France's ass out, how does it repay them? it insults them and walks away. Stupid French. I don't know why the other countries still put up with them.

Stupid French. But we sure showed them during the American Revolution! God Bless the USA!

Heh. You know. The French really are dumb. Their only truly great leader was actually Italian and he screws up once and they boot him off.

Anyway, I like those FAFDM minis. Now I want to see the movies.

Uh.... we fought (and beat) the British during the American Revolutionary War. I hate to say it, but the French helped us by providing ammunition, weapons and ships. It was probably the ONLY time that the French have helped anyone in any type of war or conflict. When it comes to war, the French are like a kick-stand on a horse.

When it came to putting the French in their place, the British Navy paid them back, with interest, in about every sea battle.

That is a greedy, lame-a$$ policy. I have one LCS very close to home with a similar policy that I (and many others) refuse to give business to. I occasionally go in to inform them of this and rub-in how much of my business/money their competition is getting from me (happy customer=loyal customer). I'd say "I hope they choke on their product", but everytime one closes as a result of this, it hurts the over-all community. Mine gives 10% off everything as long as you spend more than $10. Not much (basically pays for tax), but every bit helps and it keeps me coming back for more business and bigger orders.

Yeah - I usually take my business elsewhere... fortunately there is a Things From Another World store nearby... they're more like a chain store, than an LCS, but they get comics and most minimates and other Diamond stuff without ordering. They also have sales occasionally - which is uncommon at most LCS.

anymore pics?? anyone?? with the volume of matey goodness I need pics :) thanks to max for the FAFDM and classic BSG pics so far....I am drooling over here lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

I posted picts from the Classic hero BSG set in the thread with the same title. I will post picts of kate and cylon later.

anymore pics?? anyone?? with the volume of matey goodness I need pics :) thanks to max for the FAFDM and classic BSG pics so far....I am drooling over here lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

Well, I wheeled home my truckload of new 'Mates last night and must admit: I am completely overwhelmed, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Star Trek and BSG waves, Kat 2-pack, Few Dollars More, Classic BSG 5-packs... man it seems to go on forever. One moment I want to tear the packs open and run their little plastic bodies through my fingers and the next I want to run screaming from my Visa bill. The cost of so many 'Mates in one shot is truly quite shocking.

*sigh* If only I could figure out where to start. I've hardly begun enjoying the latest Marvel waves. This is like six months worth of MiniMates all at once...

Jeff of the Miniacs

Well, I wheeled home my truckload of new 'Mates last night and must admit: I am completely overwhelmed, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Star Trek and BSG waves, Kat 2-pack, Few Dollars More, Classic BSG 5-packs... man it seems to go on forever. One moment I want to tear the packs open and run their little plastic bodies through my fingers and the next I want to run screaming from my Visa bill. The cost of so many 'Mates in one shot is truly quite shocking.

*sigh* If only I could figure out where to start. I've hardly begun enjoying the latest Marvel waves. This is like six months worth of MiniMates all at once...

The secret is to only open one pack a day... that way you take time to appreciate each figure more...

T.

Thanks for the pics maxcarnage. I was just going to ask the same question as TBT. Also, does the mortar unfold?

The western Minimates aren't really my cup of tea, but I'll hopefully be picking up the BSG 2-pack. Wasn't it supposed to be an AFX exclusive or something like that?