UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best Marvel Line Ever

ramseesthegreat1

I was wonder what everyone thinks is the best marvel line out there? Right now I'm going with 19 but I can't wait to get the cloak and dagger one with nova and war machine.

P.S. why is it that of all the variants stealth Iron man is the hardest too find?

My Faves are 5&6 - the waves that gave us the original IM, Cap, Dr Doom, Gamma hulk & Ghostrider. It's also when I started with minmimates so have a soft spot for 'my first miniminimates'. They also had two pretty cool variants in stealth IM and unmasked doom (The only unmasked fig worth it's salt if you as me.)

I'm fairly certain that the IM movie wave is going to become my fave when it's released.

T.

Well, it was the first Hulk that got me started and has been in my favorite wave. However, I am very happy with the new Abomination (finally) and the "Smart" Hulk, so my "favorite" is not set in stone.

I am not sure how that Stealth IM got to be so rare. I am guessing it is partly due to popularity. The Stealth Armor is easily my most favorite of Starks many suits.

I am not sure how that Stealth IM got to be so rare. I am guessing it is partly due to popularity. The Stealth Armor is easily my most favorite of Starks many suits.

It's because I'm hoarding them, it's the only Minimate that I will habitually purchase even though I dont need it.

T.

My favorite "wave" of 2-packs would actually be the Target exclusive "Group D" figures, including figures from the Giant Sized X-Men boxed set, Iceman, Prof. X, Dark Pheonix, and that cool Sandman. However, if you are limiting this to official "waves," then I guess I would have to go with wave 20 (even though my figures haven't actually arrived here yet) due to its inclusion of Hawkeye (probably my favorite Marvel hero), Vision, and Havok--great action figure representations of three great, iconic, secondary Marvel heroes.

(regarding TBT's hoarding of the Iron Man, I do this with Flint GI Joes, and could easily see myself doing this with that awesome Hawkeye :( )

(regarding TBT's hoarding of the Iron Man, I do this with Flint GI Joes, and could easily see myself doing this with that awesome Hawkeye :( )

You folks would roll your eyes if you knew how many original green Hulks I have...

"With great power comes great responsibility." ~ Uncle Ben Parker

Oh, we weren't talking comic/ movie lines here ;)

I would have to say that the best wave is 19. It has a great diversity of characters and they are all detailed very well. The Angel/ Apocalypse 2-pack has to be my favorite 2-pack to date. Plus, the fact we get three villains, all very prominent in their respective comic titles is a plus.

P.S. why is it that of all the variants stealth Iron man is the hardest too find?

I thought that the original black spidy was the hardest variant to find. Of all the mainstream and semi-mainstream (I do not count/ collect the holiday of metallic singles) Marvel minimates, Black suit Spiderman from wave 2 is the only guy I am missing.

It's because I'm hoarding them, it's the only Minimate that I will habitually purchase even though I dont need it.

T.

Funny, I was going to make a joke earlier about you buying these things every time you see them, like Mel Gibson's character in Conspiracy Theory every time he saw Catcher in the Rye. :blink:

Wave 5 was solid stuff and showed they weren't going to just do Spider-Man/X-Men.

*ahem*

Then Wave 16 with the Avengers and waves 19/20 finally drove home the point that new characters are better than re-hashes.

And the Defenders boxed set delivered way big time great stuff. I want more sets like that. 1 re-hash if applicable and 3 brand new characters.

Wave 16 for me I reckon. The only wave I bought all of, and love them all. They are all simple like the old stuff, but well done minimates. I love Avengers.

You folks would roll your eyes if you knew how many original green Hulks I have...

Do you have like a number one hulk that you keep separate from the rest?

Kinda like Scrooge McDucks number one dime? :P

The best wave I think would be wave 15. It is chuck full of awesome goodness...... wait....... never mind.

I might have to say the Spiderman 3 waves but that's not set in stone. they had some great mates and very cool variants. But otherwise I would probably have to make a list for the others to.

Box Set: Marvel Zombies

Wave: Either Wave 17, 18, 16, 20

Future Wave: Iron Man Mates!!!!!!

Exclusives: Scarlet Spider and hobgoblin. I love scarlet! I just wish Marvel would find a way to bring him his own comic book. Him and Venom Again. : (

ooo good topic,i've been collecting the Marvel mates since wave 1&2 and I still love my yellow Daredevil and Hulk but it's hard to pick a favorite wave. I have A LOT of the X-men mates,they're my faves :biggrin: Loving my arcangel, apocalypse,havoc and polaris from waves 19&20 right now.

I miss the days of finding 'mates at Target and Walmart in the old, normal, rectangular boxes. Clearance 'mates for $1.24!! I hate the new packaging. Displaying them was so much easier, you could just stack them. When is Marvel going to get on the right track and do scaled figures like DC? The Hulk, Abomination, Apocalypse, etc. would be so much better if they were big!!

Fave wave? Marvel Zombies!!!!!!!

I have been collecting mates since they first came out, and I got to say my favorite wave is wave 2, spiderman, venom, carnage, black suit spiderman, come on what else do you need in a wave? when i first saw pictures of these I knew they were going to be awesome. in fact I bought some of the old 3" mates thinking the marvel waves would be compatible. and while they were not, minimates are still my favorite toy.