UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #7 Answers Discussion thread

Shanester

Deadpool is in the queue to be made at some point down the road, can everyone stop asking now? SF2 is dead, so can we stop asking about that too?

Oh I don't know, those answers seem to lead to more questions. If deadpool will be made, then when will he be made? If SF2 is dead, how dead is it?

Looks like Dr Who is dead in the water too. :(

I took that comment to mean the licensor wouldn't like DST talking about it at this point.

*crosses fingers*

T.

See, I took his comment to mean an answer further up, not the one right above it.

DSTChuck: Depending how the new stuff sells once it gets out there you can expect us to pick our spots in the TV and movie realm.

I took that comment to mean the licensor wouldn't like DST talking about it at this point.

*crosses fingers*

T.

See, I took his comment to mean an answer further up, not the one right above it.

DSTChuck: Depending how the new stuff sells once it gets out there you can expect us to pick our spots in the TV and movie realm.

And I took it to mean this post:

DSTChuck: They are part of the Spidey family aren’t they???

j/k

A couple of minor things surprised me.

First, that packaging for the Marvel 'Mates is dictated in the contract. Being detailed all the way down to window boxes. Crazy.

Second, that they couldn't do a Mudd figure. I mean, personally, I'm tepid toward the character, so don't mind. But I find it curious that they have access to some characters but not others. This sort of leads into them not being able to do JJ Trek 'Mates. It's all really interesting.

I'm confused about the Doctor Who and Heroes answers. He said see above for both, but wasn't clear about which above he meant.

If you happen to read this, could someone from DST clarify?

*crosses fingers*

T.

I did too. it's a secretto us now. Just wait until the next big convention and then they'll tell us.

Deadpool is in the queue to be made at some point down the road, can everyone stop asking now? SF2 is dead, so can we stop asking about that too?

When the 'dead' answer come back 2 Q&As ago, I reas ready to move on. I'm TRULY surprised the question keeps getting raised. Perhaps it might help a lot if the SF2/DS section was moved to the licenses past section? Because it's reached the point of annoying now.

Marvel sounds like it's ready to keep going strong. Still no 2.5". 2" fans rejoice! Yay! More Spidey family! Yay! Dr. Who on the ropes! Ya-- wait, what?!

When the 'dead' answer come back 2 Q&As ago, I reas ready to move on. I'm TRULY surprised the question keeps getting raised. Perhaps it might help a lot if the SF2/DS section was moved to the licenses past section? Because it's reached the point of annoying now.

Marvel sounds like it's ready to keep going strong. Still no 2.5". 2" fans rejoice! Yay! More Spidey family! Yay! Dr. Who on the ropes! Ya-- wait, what?!

Thanks for noticing..... :rolleyes:

Thanks for noticing..... :rolleyes:

Yer most certainly welcome! :D

What trouble did DST get in, at SDCC, that involved minimates?

That's what I was wondering as well.

:blink: I have no idea what you just said?!?.

Well back in 2004 (or was it 2003?) DST had their Gold Spidey Lucky Dip promotion at SDCC. Each contestant would come up one at time and be handed a fake tortilla chip roughly the size of a piece of A4 paper. They'd be blindfolded, and Chuck would lead them over to the giant vat of bean dip. It was roughly the size of one those kiddie swimming pools but it was much deeper, about four feet. The contestant would then scoop out two helpings of the "Lucky Dip" with his faux chip. At the Consumption Tent, contestants (still blindfolded) would then proceed to eat their Dip as quickly as possible. The one who found the Gold Spidey Token could redeem it for a bagged Gold Spidey Minimate.

If you didn't find the token in your first serving of Dip, you could go back for another helping and chance at finding the prize. It was quite the spectacle. The trouble began shortly after the token was found. One of the poor losers took a handful of dip and hurled at the winner. Like any good bodyguard, Chuck threw himself in the path of the dip to save him. If it were an action movie he'd be moving in slow motion shouting "noooooooo." Chuck saved the winner from that first volley, but once on the ground there was little he could do to counter the second, third, fourth and fifth handfuls of 'Lucky Dip' that flew through the air. Soon everyone and everything was fair game. Workers at the Lucasfilm booth across the aisle could only shake their heads.

It was like the monkey house at the zoo, it was.

Well back in 2004 (or was it 2003?) DST had their Gold Spidey Lucky Dip promotion at SDCC. Each contestant would come up one at time and be handed a fake tortilla chip roughly the size of a piece of A4 paper. They'd be blindfolded, and Chuck would lead them over to the giant vat of bean dip. It was roughly the size of one those kiddie swimming pools but it was much deeper, about four feet. The contestant would then scoop out two helpings of the "Lucky Dip" with his faux chip. At the Consumption Tent, contestants (still blindfolded) would then proceed to eat their Dip as quickly as possible. The one who found the Gold Spidey Token could redeem it for a bagged Gold Spidey Minimate.

If you didn't find the token in your first serving of Dip, you could go back for another helping and chance at finding the prize. It was quite the spectacle. The trouble began shortly after the token was found. One of the poor losers took a handful of dip and hurled at the winner. Like any good bodyguard, Chuck threw himself in the path of the dip to save him. If it were an action movie he'd be moving in slow motion shouting "noooooooo." Chuck saved the winner from that first volley, but once on the ground there was little he could do to counter the second, third, fourth and fifth handfuls of 'Lucky Dip' that flew through the air. Soon everyone and everything was fair game. Workers at the Lucasfilm booth across the aisle could only shake their heads.

And that's exactly how it happened.

Well back in 2004 (or was it 2003?) DST had their Gold Spidey Lucky Dip promotion at SDCC....

... It was like the monkey house at the zoo, it was.

Oh boy looks like Ivan's been eating the packing chips again!

Quiet day at the office Ivan? ;)

T.

p.s. I now have a craving for bean dip!

:o WOW!

So which one of you was it that started the fight? :P

And that's exactly how it happened.

Multiple, super-servings of bean dip from a vat sounds more like the recipe for "Brown spidey".

Suffice it to say, being hit with a handful of bean dip would probably be the least of your worries if you participated more than once.