UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Where do you UKers buy your Marvel Minimates?

Chemical

Hey,

First post here, sorry if i'm being a n00b for posting this here for whatever reason.

Anyways, I've just started to get into minimates, and want to buy my first pack. I've googled around and found the odd online store with a few packs, but does anyone know of good online shops or real life shops that stock them?

I hear alot of mention of "LCS", what is that exactly?

Thanks for the help guys.

LCS means Local Comic Store. I have two near me. One is a Forbidden Planet and the other is owned by the other Forbidden Planet company. I get most of mine from either there, eBay, here on the Multiverse or from a Comic Store in Plymouth.

Where abouts do you live in UK?

Also welcome to the boards. :biggrin:

LCS means Local Comic Store. I have two near me. One is a Forbidden Planet and the other is owned by the other Forbidden Planet company. I get most of mine from either there, eBay, here on the Multiverse or from a Comic Store in Plymouth.

I'm also looking to maybe buy a few Minimates, and I notice you're from Birmingham, so I'm just wondering if you know whether Nostalgia & Comics stock these, as that's where I'd planned on going to look for them.

Hey, ah that makes sense, thanks!

I had this same problem in the past when collecting various things, my area is really bad for shops, I'm in bouremouth, its far south. The only place I can find is that theres a comic shop near called "Wonderland" I'll call them, I don't suppose you or anyone else have recommendations for this area?

cheers :biggrin:

There is always Ebay, there are some fairly good things on ATM. Another bet is Forbidden Planet online shopping, but I would not recommend them as some items I have ordered took about 3 months to arrive (if you have lots of patience

and a long temper go for them). I also hear that Winkerbean's LCS does shipping and has a good selection. You should PM him for details (FYI this is the same one that Dan get some of his stuff from; the one in Plymouth).

Vig

for me at the moment I go with Limited Edition in Plymouth, great service and good delivery. I've also got to big comic stores in Liverpool that get most Minimates in if there is something I want on the spur of the moment. Ebay is also a good option and if your not in a hurry for something you can get some good bargains on there awhile after a wave or mate is released.

I usually use Forbidden Planet, either the store in Bristol or through their website. You can also get the Spider-Man 3 waves off Play.com for about £4 and no postage and packaging cost. I also ask in a local comic book shop if he can get some of the exclusives, but he can only get the ones that appear in preview magazines. I have used Ebay a few times to get some of the rarer ones but I prefer to use the sources I've mentioned above.

i know how you feel mate i live in wales and there is NOWHERE :(:(:angry: to buy mates from

i dont want to spend vast amounts as i use most figures for custom fodder but i use ebay because you can get some good bargains on their wether its for customs or you like the charecters

btw as for online UK stores anyone know of any?

I'm also looking to maybe buy a few Minimates, and I notice you're from Birmingham, so I'm just wondering if you know whether Nostalgia & Comics stock these, as that's where I'd planned on going to look for them.

Yeah Nostalgia is my favourite shop in Birmingham. Their prices are better than Forbidden Planet usually (right now they have Spider-man 3 Minimates for a fiver a two pack). They get pretty much everything in, but, incase you hadn't heard, DST are stopping shipping to UK shortly because it is too costly for them or something, so Limited Edition in Plymouth will be your best bet once that takes effect.

Like MiniFiend UK, i've always used the Worlds Apart or Forbidden Planet in Liverpool, but i'm living in London at the moment so there's a lots of places to get Minimates from.

But if you can't find Minimates near where you live... try this. It's a comic shop in Croydon called A Place in Space, who stock Minimates and who are really helpfull people. They also sell a lot on eBay, so if you got desperate, give them a call... i'm sure they'd be willing to pull them off the shelves and post them out, kinda like treating it as if they'd sold it on eBay.

Sorry, bit of a cheap plug here... I've got a bunch of single Minimates on eBay at the moment. £1.50 P&P for as many as you buy.

Check it out Pete's eBay Minimates

Sorry, bit of a cheap plug here... I've got a bunch of single Minimates on eBay at the moment. £1.50 P&P for as many as you buy.

pete! so its you seeling those figs! i might buy your hydroman as the missing hairpiece is no issue because i want to customise him :-)

so if i buy more than one is it combined shipping?

Like MiniFiend UK, i've always used the Worlds Apart or Forbidden Planet in Liverpool, but i'm living in London at the moment so there's a lots of places to get Minimates from.

Lots of places? The only places I'm aware of are the FP on Shaftesbury Ave. and GOSH! opposite the british museum. Any places I'm not aware of?

Vig

pete! so its you seeling those figs! i might buy your hydroman as the missing hairpiece is no issue because i want to customise him :-)

Yeah, just 1 shipping price for as many as you want.

The Hydroman has just sold, not sure if it was you who grabbed it, but if so... it'll be in the post today.

Lots of places? The only places I'm aware of are the FP on Shaftesbury Ave. and GOSH! opposite the british museum. Any places I'm not aware of?

Vig

Well, by lots of places... i mean 4!

As you said, 'Gosh!' and 'Forbidden Planet' in central London and 'A Place in Space' and 'Forbidden Planet' in Croydon.

(Croydon's still considered London... isn't it?)

Sorry if i got your hopes up :confused:

Yeah, just 1 shipping price for as many as you want.

The Hydroman has just sold, not sure if it was you who grabbed it, but if so... it'll be in the post today.

Damn!

didnt manage to bid because i got destracted by a S.T.R.I.P.E

ah well got any plans to put any more up?? i dont mean hydroman i mean just about anyone be great for a heads up :-)

Hey thanks for all the replies guys.

In the end I decided to get spidey and new goblin off of play.com as my first two, i'm definitely going to buy from limited edition in future if I really get into it, as so many people are recommending them.

And lol yes, I know all about forbidden planet, I used to buy wrestling figures from them, and I can assure you its not just minimates they casually post months late.

I'm just sticking with buying the one pack right now, as im also getting into marvel legends, and if I don't control myself i'll end spending hundreds in a week.

Thanks again :)

Damn!

didnt manage to bid because i got destracted by a S.T.R.I.P.E

ah well got any plans to put any more up?? i dont mean hydroman i mean just about anyone be great for a heads up :-)

Sorry you missed out!

Not intending on selling often, that was all i had.

But when i end up with unwanted mates or doubles, i'll put them on eBay.

Wish they sold singles, i wouldn't have to waist money buying a 2 pack for 1 minimate, but atleast i got something for them, hopefully sorted a few MM fans out too.