UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Mass Market 4 Pack Packaging Shots

AdyCarter

Today, I would like to show off a picture of our latest Toys 'R' Us Exclusive Minimates 4-pack featuring the New Avengers. This set includes Captain America, Unmasked Battle Damaged Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and The Sentry.

NewAvengers.jpg

Was it already mentioned that this was a Toys 'R' Us exclusive? Anyway you can check out the thread on the AA forums here.

who else takes minimates at mass market? *Cough* Target *Cough*.....

From what I'm hearing these 4packs will be VERY close behind the release of 12&13. I.E. within a few weeks...

p.s. I know all about cutting costs on packaging but Dont'cha think they'd sell better if they had something covering the clear plastic.... :P lol

T.

I hope that the Cap head fits with my Flash mask... the one I cut the eyes out of so you can see the eyes through. It'd make a great facial expression for my Barry Allen.

I hope that either the mass market released Spider-Woman or the one that comes out in the Series 12 (or is it 13?) has the top of her head painted red so I can have a "full head mask" version of the character, like when she first appeared.

I hope they all have C3 feet. Sweet crispy crap, FINALLY a Spider-Man with "good" feet?!

I just thought of something. That unmasked, beaten Spider-Man face is PERFECT for either a mugged civilian or man-raped civilian.

Hah.

This is how I come up with ways to make the sour a little sweeter with no Vision, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Namor, Dr. Strange, Hobgoblin, Mysterio, etc. in sight.

-M

The packs are cool! I'm buying the :wolvie: :colossus: :emmafrostdiamondform: pack & probably the Avengers one

I was looking at the new packaging, and I noticed that some the the Minimates have new faces (was Spider-Woman grimacing like that before?). Then I looked at the last Avengers group shot, and noticed that Spider-Woman had a new face. And new hair. And looked completely different, but really familiar. In fact, I think it's the custom I made a few years ago.

The Packaging Mock-up:

aras144.jpg

My Spider-Woman custom:

spdrwmn_one.jpg

Stinkin' thieves! :D

Sheesh, that's scary. :blink: They should at least comment SOMETHING about your customs :huh:

I'm disappointed to see they couldn't paint the Sentry's blue cumberbund thing around his torso...instead just painting the blue and S on the front.

MARVEL MINIMATES

I probably didn't hint at it in case I didn't get the pictures in time for last weekend but there's another Toys 'R' Us Minimates set coming out. This set features The Astonishing X-men with Unmasked Wolverine, Cyclops, Colossus and White Queen. Here's a prototype picture:

AXMENTRU4PK.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
WHOO HOO!! More Cap, Spidey, Wolverine and Cyclops 'mates! I can't wait!! hulkhead.gif

twak.gif I just wish someone at AA/DST would wake up to the fact that these characters have been done to death. Where's Thor? Namor? Bucky? US Agent? Dman? Captain Britan? Hobgoblin? Abomination?

Patience, my friend. Though I agree that we need new characters, the fact that these things should be popping up in stores soon tells me that something's coming down the pipeline, hopefully waves 12 and 13. I can't really fault them for trying to spread the minimates in mass market. Its somewhat refreshing just to see anything popping up, even if its stuff we've known about for several months.

These are going to be really really close to the specialty release imo.

possibly even before... see Adams post at AA....

all valid points from the group and appreciated. we should be able to put some sort of release schedule together, it's the least we could do. but let me say that having to move all those tools from the play along factories, to the new one's (who were ok with running lower quantites) setting up new tampo machines, and just getting a new factory up to speed with the product line was a seriously brutal transition...brutal!

and hey, have the 'astonishing xmen' and 'new avengers' 4pks hit TRU yet? they should be in stores pretty quickly now. they shipped close to the speed stuff so keep an eye out for those and keep us posted of course when you see them.

Seems that we might be seeing mass market before Specialty on these!

T.

These are going to be really really close to the specialty release imo.

possibly even before... see Adams post at AA....

all valid points from the group and appreciated. we should be able to put some sort of release schedule together, it's the least we could do. but let me say that having to move all those tools from the play along factories, to the new one's (who were ok with running lower quantites) setting up new tampo machines, and just getting a new factory up to speed with the product line was a seriously brutal transition...brutal!

and hey, have the 'astonishing xmen' and 'new avengers' 4pks hit TRU yet? they should be in stores pretty quickly now. they shipped close to the speed stuff so keep an eye out for those and keep us posted of course when you see them.

Seems that we might be seeing mass market before Specialty on these!

T.

Having gateway problems with the AA forums as always, thanks for posting.