UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Mass Market 4 Pack Packaging Shots

AdyCarter

I was looking at the new packaging, and I noticed that some the the Minimates have new faces (was Spider-Woman grimacing like that before?). Then I looked at the last Avengers group shot, and noticed that Spider-Woman had a new face. And new hair. And looked completely different, but really familiar. In fact, I think it's the custom I made a few years ago.

The Packaging Mock-up:

aras144.jpg

My Spider-Woman custom:

spdrwmn_one.jpg

Stinkin' thieves! :D

I'm liking the new packaging for retail, I think they were getting lost on the bottom shelves in Target :( If they can stick them on a peg next to the Marvel stuff, I think it will be better for the lines success. Nice pics Ady, thanks ;)

Wow. Ther's close then there's close then there's this. That IS yours! If you look at her left arm (our right) you can see the exact same sliver of white under it. The legs are exactally the same, everything. The play of shadows on her hips, how the left boot is off center. Dude, I am 99% sure they photoshoped out custom out of that picture. I don't think they copied you, I think that IS yous!

Other then that, why are we getting 2 New Avanger sets with the exact same characters?

This screams "fake" or "mock up" to me, meaning that this isn't the finished version.

Other then that, why are we getting 2 New Avanger sets with the exact same characters?

We aint, it would appear that the NA box pics are incorrect, hence the custom and wrong figures on there, I'd guess one of these boxes is from an earlier stage than the rest.

These are genuine.

BTW, for anyone confused:

Wave 12/13: Astonishing X-Men and New Avengers Waves

These 4 Packs: Mass market only.

This screams "fake" or "mock up" to me, meaning that this isn't the finished version.

As Ady mentioned in the first post these are prototype packages. So yeah, they aren't the finished versions.

And that's quite the vote of confidence for your work Boyd although it would have been nice if they asked to use it first. Maybe it's their not-so-subtle way of saying, "Dude, you're hired!"

Thanks for the pics Ady - where did you find them?

I am kinda annoyed that they used it without permission - but it is just a mock-up. The designer probably grabbed images off Google to use for image placement. However, if the final version is still using my custom, then I'll really be annoyed!

It is nice to know my work is appreciated though.

And Nestlé - all my customs are already online at my site - go check them out!

Wow these are cool!!

A much better way to pack minimates, these are Bigger and more pegworthy than the two packs... Very colourfull and eye catching.

Kudos to who whoever mocked em up... However It's also a bit worrying that they used pix of Boyds custom (no offence Boyd, your custom was way before the origian one was released and still rocks! - as they all do!) purely because it means their designer is either 'winging it' or not being given proper resources to work with.

T.

Nice pix Ady. Thanks . I like these, but it's just that these are mates in waves 12/13(except marvel knights),they should have included different versions of Kitty(i.e. solid) or a Colossus(no shirt-used a Thing chest painted silver w/lines.) Different mates for selling point for the stores. :)

What's the ETA on this wave gang? Hopefully Target will continue to carry these, as I enjoy their stores much more.

I have to agree with the thought that these images were grabbed almost at random. Spider-Woman on the alternate New Avengers box is the official one, rather than the other one. At the same time, you'll notice the old version of Captain America and Ultimate Spider-Man pictured alongside Boyd's Spider-Woman.

Well its good to know I'll be able to possiblly pick up the next waves all at once......hopefully

Only 4 figures in these packs, 7 in a wave dont forget!

True, but with the lack of Minimateness in this area.......I'll take what I can get! :)

Bewt-iful! I really like the design, a step up from the previous boxes.

That New Avengers set would've been a dream come true. I've yet to add a Spider-woman to my collection. Love the dark mask on the Daredevil on the Marvel Knights package too. Oh well, maybe in a future wave?