UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

the end??? how can that be right??

minijeff

Since some people have been poo-poo'ing the ONE MORE WAVE campaign, I thought I'd give some persective. As I write this, the petition to continue DC Minimates has 157 signatures. Some people think this means only a small number of people (157) want DC Minimates to continue. So for some perspective, here are some other signature numbers:

7,248 - Number who signed "Withdraw troops from Iraq" petition.

9 - Number who want a new Super Mario game.

1,510 - Number who want a third season of Jericho.

55 - Number wanting a cure for Hepatitis C.

591 - Number who want Cover Girl to stop testing of cosmetics on animals.

204 - Number who want to raise the legal age requirement for a US driver's license.

58 - Number who want to save US home-owners facing foreclosure.

3 - Number who want to rebuild Chicago and save children.

43 - Number of Londoners against child poverty.

25 - Number who want Paris Hilton jailed indefinitely.

8 - Number who want to "Save the World".

Given these figures, I'd say 157 signatures is nothing to dismiss. I mean given the issues facing the world today, it's actually astonishing 157 people signed to save DC Minimates. More people feel passionate about DC Minimates than they do about diseases, rebuilding Chicago, and fighting child poverty. Hmmmm....

We will happily sign & make that 159 . Please send this to Paris & I in our cell :P

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since some people have been poo-poo'ing the ONE MORE WAVE campaign, I thought I'd give some persective. As I write this, the petition to continue DC Minimates has 157 signatures. Some people think this means only a small number of people (157) want DC Minimates to continue. So for some perspective, here are some other signature numbers:

7,248 - Number who signed "Withdraw troops from Iraq" petition.

9 - Number who want a new Super Mario game.

1,510 - Number who want a third season of Jericho.

55 - Number wanting a cure for Hepatitis C.

591 - Number who want Cover Girl to stop testing of cosmetics on animals.

204 - Number who want to raise the legal age requirement for a US driver's license.

58 - Number who want to save US home-owners facing foreclosure.

3 - Number who want to rebuild Chicago and save children.

43 - Number of Londoners against child poverty.

25 - Number who want Paris Hilton jailed indefinitely.

8 - Number who want to "Save the World".

Given these figures, I'd say 157 signatures is nothing to dismiss. I mean given the issues facing the world today, it's actually astonishing 157 people signed to save DC Minimates. More people feel passionate about DC Minimates than they do about diseases, rebuilding Chicago, and fighting child poverty. Hmmmm....

I do not know if I agree with your logic, you are comparing apples to oranges...paris hilton jailed? save the world? not really tangible items. If I were a manufacturer, I would look at sales dollars. If someone would say, hey chief (yea I want to be called chief) A petition to keep our product in the field and it came in with 100 thousand plus signatures, I would say, ok we will give it one more shot... and if the same guy said, hey 157 people want to continue the line, I would say...NOPE

and for clarification, the 3rd season request that is what 1000 + signatures

The original petition that GOT the show back on the air for a second series, had upwards of 129373 signatures

129373 vs 157

I love DC minimates, but come on that isnt enough to even present to dcd.

and for clarification, I appreciate the hell out of the people that went to the trouble to set up the petition and i was one of the first to sign it ...Darren Martin, but it just didn't take. We have to realize that

Edited by murderofcrows

I am feeling very optimistic about NYCC. C'mon waves 9 and 10. C'mon waves 9 and 10. C'mon waves 9 and 10.

ahh remember the old days when we could be filled with hope and dreams? well it was a fun ride while it lasted.

thank god I got hal jordan before it ended.

moc847

I am feeling very optimistic about NYCC. C'mon waves 9 and 10. C'mon waves 9 and 10. C'mon waves 9 and 10.

ahh remember the old days when we could be filled with hope and dreams? well it was a fun ride while it lasted.

moc847

Which is more than almost any fan of Mattel's JLU line can say...

:biggrin:

moc847

Which is more than almost any fan of Mattel's JLU line can say...

:biggrin:

As a JLU fan, I find that offensive. :D

[no,seriously, im a fan]

Edited by super spider piggy

• 2 weeks later...

According to this months previews DCD minimates wave 7 were fourth in February's top 10 selling toys and statues.

That's FOURTH!

Now considering DCD mainly markets through Diamond previews that's got to be a pretty solid selling line of action figures. I think the people in charge just aren't minimate fans.

According to this months previews DCD minimates wave 7 were fourth in February's top 10 selling toys and statues.

That's FOURTH!

Now considering DCD mainly markets through Diamond previews that's got to be a pretty solid selling line of action figures. I think the people in charge just aren't minimate fans.

I think it's time you let your monkeys loose at the next meeting of DCD executives.

Edited by karamazov80

That's FOURTH!

Of courese, that would indicate sales to comic shops themselves and not customers. Still, I think it's a pretty safe bet taht, by wave 7, that if these weren't selling through well, shops would have drastically decreased their orders.

So there's really no good reason for DCD to end these, is there?