UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DOCTOR WHO Minimates

brilliant peice together! I threw together a doctor with a black suit and the chuck taylors from the hunt but he didn't quite look right.. This suit is perfect! If only, if only... now we wait for 2010 when they announce: We are excited to look into a minimate version of Doctor Who but we are waiting until 2012... :)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dalek was found near Beaulieu which is a place I know very well. It is especially memorable for me because I went there with my (then) American girlfriend & her sister & mother. Their attempts at pronouncing Beaulieu (simply Byew-lee) was hilarious. What is equally hilarious is (& I quote from the report) "Mr.Brown,who trained as a pond warden...." :lol: ....a pond warden ?......WTF does a pond warden do & how does one train? :rolleyes:

Dr.Who was often filmed around the Beaulieu area & knowing the locals ,as I do,it is a wonder to me that they didn't get all their Daleks nicked.

What is equally hilarious is (& I quote from the report) "Mr.Brown,who trained as a pond warden...." :lol: ....a pond warden ?......WTF does a pond warden do & how does one train? :rolleyes:

I thought this was pretty funny too, but just chalked it up to being one of those "British" things, figuring that "pond warden" was a pretty common job, and job title in your parts.

"Why do you want Britain?" (Doctor Doom)

"It's the home of magic.The peasantry have a sensible knowledge of their past....an inclination to follow their betters."

(Count Dracula)

That is the opening conversation at the beginning of the latest Captain Britain #10........& an example of how tedious this comic truly is!

But Ol' Drac best watch out for Dr.Who or ......the Pond-Warden......he's been trained

I literally probably would have screamed and run for a bit. And then cracked it open to make sure nothing was in there. Man, Daleks scare me. Hovering pods of death. Then, once I was firmly rooted back in reality, I would have been squeeing like a school girl. :P

I have never seen peas available as a side dish at any pizzaria I've ever been too. Where was it you used to live JJW?

BHM, why are you still reading CB if you find it so tedious? Is it like car crash tv or something?

I was actually going to qualify why I continue to read Captain Britain,I didn't because I often wonder if anything I write is actually read :D I have a large collection of older Marvel/DC comics which I am slowly 'moving on' ,often to a young mate of mine (41 ;) ) & his son. He is well into current Marvel & he buys the comics that I 'eventually' read so I don't complain . He is a Captain Britain fanatic but even he is considering dropping it especially since the War Machine title has caught his eye. The weird thing is, & I've mentioned it more than once, my new love for the Captain America title which I have frenziedly bought back issues of.

I'll perhaps stop knocking the CB title it's not very constructive to keep doing so..... I agree!

Hovering pods of death.....

post-638-1236196642_thumb.jpg :ermm:

"War & Peas "

I was actually going to qualify why I continue to read Captain Britain,I didn't because I often wonder if anything I write is actually read :D I have a large collection of older Marvel/DC comics which I am slowly 'moving on' ,often to a young mate of mine (41 ;) ) & his son. He is well into current Marvel & he buys the comics that I 'eventually' read so I don't complain . He is a Captain Britain fanatic but even he is considering dropping it especially since the War Machine title has caught his eye. The weird thing is, & I've mentioned it more than once, my new love for the Captain America title which I have frenziedly bought back issues of.

I'll perhaps stop knocking the CB title it's not very constructive to keep doing so..... I agree!

I wasn't digging you out mate :), I was just surprised to see you're still reading it as you'd said something like it was patronising pap around the issue 5 mark. Personally I'm still enjoying it, though the constant references to the mystical side of the marvelverse are getting on my wick a little bit. My favourite CB stuff was the stories with the Captains from all the different realities.

As for Cap A, well I've always been a fan but have never really followed his book. I picked up the Winter Soldier TPB last weekend and was blown away by the story and art so I think I'll be investing a few more quids in Captain America trades.

We have digressed wildly from the original topic haven't we? :D

That Dr Who eh? Why don't they make minimates of him?

No problem Rad.....but it's interesting that you are reading it ......because again I felt all alone :(

The Winter Soldier.....just stunning!

Dr.Who Minimates .......such a bloody waste of a license. It almost appears like UToys got the license to thwart anybody getting it & competing with them.

I have never seen peas available as a side dish at any pizzaria I've ever been too. Where was it you used to live JJW?

BHM, why are you still reading CB if you find it so tedious? Is it like car crash tv or something?

My dad was in the US Air Force and we were stationed at Alconbury from approximately 1983-1985, so some time has passed since then.

My dad was in the US Air Force and we were stationed at Alconbury from approximately 1983-1985, so some time has passed since then.

Ahhhh now it all becomes clear... You didn't say it was Cambridgeshire before! :D

Ahhhh now it all becomes clear... You didn't say it was Cambridgeshire before! :D

You know, this really does explain a lot - considering I started my education there! Between that and Postman Pat and his bloody black and white cat, I'm lucky I'm as normal as I am! :wacko::captainbritain: