UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DOCTOR WHO Minimates

I think a Dalek could just be a slightly cartoonish looking Dalek assembled using Minimate connection techniques. It could seperate in half, using something with the same parts as the wiast for minimates, making it easy for the lower half (with the spheres) to be attached to a normal MM upper body to make a simple Davros. The arms and head could use things like the MM balljoints, but don't bother putting a real MM body in there.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a couple Micro Daleks that look great with minimates and the Micro Tardis. I am very hopeful for this line.. its the one thing that is easing the pain of loosing DC. (poor kyle rayner) but anywho.. (pun intended) Doctor Who would be brilliant as a mini and I've got the display just waiting for him!

Vox

post-140-1216613867_thumb.jpg

I think a Dalek could just be a slightly cartoonish looking Dalek assembled using Minimate connection techniques. It could seperate in half, using something with the same parts as the wiast for minimates, making it easy for the lower half (with the spheres) to be attached to a normal MM upper body to make a simple Davros. The arms and head could use things like the MM balljoints, but don't bother putting a real MM body in there.

The only thing about that is it would be hard to identify as a minimate.

Take this guy, he may not look much like a minimate, but he's still recognisable as one. I suggest they gave a dalek a regular minimate head with a headpiece like 'Thing' from wave 5 , which would have the "ears" on.

I'll double check the box but I believe they are just called Micro Daleks (with movement and talking action) you can pull em back and they go forward (like a slow wind up car) and if you push down on them they have some sweet Dalek talking action like "must destroy the doctor, enemy of the daleks". I love em. But they are a bit pricey.. around $15-$18 each or a 4 pack for around $50. I believe they are about 2.5". Good enough for now for display fun.. The JLA is going to try and take them down next.. should prove interesting.

Now we just gotta keep our fingers crossed that some nice bloke at SDCC will convince the right people that Who Mates are a must!!!

started a petition at this website. I mentioned it on another Who topic in a different part of this forum. Anyway we have 9 signings so far, if you count the man who singed 3 times. If you dont, then 7 signings.

I suggest we contact Underground Toys directly: sales@underground-toys.com

According to MMHQ: Those looking forward to the Doctor Who line of Minimates also got a bit of troubling news coming from the show when TBT (who else?) reported that Underground Toys was feeling hesitant about carrying out their plan of a Doctor Who Minimate line. Fans and collectors could do the line a service by drumming up support and letting Underground know that they want to see the line surface.

As seen under the Past Licenses? under SDCC '08: Round Up

ya know the shit of this is the UK has had the door shut on them as far as minimates are concerned why would the large part of this shows fan base get behind a product they can't readily buy?

Anyway petition signed

The sad thing is everyone I talked to seemed to past the buck on why nothings happening down the line...

DST said it was with underground who said they were waiting on the BBC etc... etc..

I'm really sad to say it but the vibe I got was that politics between Underground and the BBC killed this line before it had a chance.

As for the safety stuff and the UK, I suspect these would have sold in numbers that would have made doing the testing possible.

T.

I would LOVE a minimate Daveros and dalek. I do have a mico Dalek from the UK that I bought on ebay a few years ago. It slides around on a steel ballbearing.

You might wanna try the www.drwhostore.com for some small daleks...ahhhh but they wont be minimates...... :(

• 3 weeks later...

I've been anxously awaiting news on these, searching repeatedly online, to no avail. So I just sent an e-mail to Toyfare hoping they might be able to get some answers for us. If nothing else, more people might be interested if they publish it. I thought I'd post it here for you all to read. Matimoo I hope you don't mind, I included the address for the petition you started. Hopefully they will use the letter and we can get more people involved.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, back in February there was an online article by Zach Oat, about Doctor Who Minimates. It included control art for a few characters, but no comment from Underground Toys (the U.S. license holder of Dr Who) confirming the line. Shortly after, however I read several articles seeming to confirm that the line was a go.

Fast forward to July, and now the line is not such a sure thing. I can't seem to find much information on anything to do with the line or the reasons for it not happening.

I was hoping you might be able to glean some insight on the subject, as well as give those of us interested in the line some ideas on what we could do to convince DST, Art Asylum, Underground Toys, and the BBC (and anyone else involved) to go ahead with production. A petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/whomates/index.html has been created by a fellow fan, for anyone who would like to help out. Maybe Toyfare could do a feature on Doctor Who and the various toy lines the property has had, including the newly released Classics line of figures. There are enough toys that a photo price guide would be possible as well.

Help us Toyfare, you're our only hope!

________________________________________________________________________________

Hopefully, they can get us some answers.

Nobody & I mean nobody wants Dr.Who Minimates more than me .....fact. I spoke at length with the main representative of Underground at SDCC....fact. Dr.Who Minimates may happen one day but not whilst Underground are 'dealing' with it....my educated opinion. I could (& should) say more but my ethic prevents me from doing so.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update - I contacted Underground Toys and asked them about the status of the Doctor Who minimates. Here is the reply I received:

"Please read the next edition of ToyFare – there’s an article in there updating fans!"

I'm hopefully this means good news and that they want the official announcement in Toyfare, as I doubt they would be referring me to the issue for a rejection.

Thoughts?

Just a quick update - I contacted Underground Toys and asked them about the status of the Doctor Who minimates. Here is the reply I received:

"Please read the next edition of ToyFare – there’s an article in there updating fans!"

I'm hopefully this means good news and that they want the official announcement in Toyfare, as I doubt they would be referring me to the issue for a rejection.

Thoughts?

WOW... Thanks for the update! I've been eagerly wanting this line to be a hit....

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Thoughts?

If this turns out be a positive in any shape or form I will be surprised but ecstatic ....absolutely ecstatic.

Nobody & I mean nobody wants Dr.Who Minimates more than me .....fact. I spoke at length with the main representative of Underground at SDCC....fact. Dr.Who Minimates may happen one day but not whilst Underground are 'dealing' with it....my educated opinion. I could (& should) say more but my ethic prevents me from doing so.

ethics shmethics....spill my good man spill