UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DOCTOR WHO Minimates

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got done watching the Dr Who marathon on Sci Fi. Finally was able to see the 1st season with no one bitching about having to watch Dr Who, no kids asking questions (which would be answered if they'd shut up and watch) and got to see 'em all in one sitting.

I really liked Eccleston as the Dr. Unfortunately, I haven't seen enough of Tennant to make a decision on him yet. :(

Just so I stay on topic, I will be preordering all of these the moment they're available. That Tardis looks nice too.

So, er...

Totally called this.

But this is interesting as the owner of the Doctor Who license (in the UK, perhaps) did see my project.

Sorry mate, think I got there first. :P

3) Have you thought about other classic/modern licenses as with BSG, such as Dr Who? :D Also, what's the low down on the BSG Classics Packs that were just unveiled?

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=57332

Just messing with ya. :P

For those who wanted an idea...

WOW.... very very VERY cool!

I am SO glad you posted this! Trying to track one down now. Can't wait till you guys see the CyberMates. You'll love 'em!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Can't wait till you guys see the CyberMates. You'll love 'em!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Oh now that's so unfair! :D

Matt, are these definitely seeing production or are we still in early days?

Please tell me these are gonna be going into production? Anyone else want Torchwood Minimates?

Just a boxed set, Captain Jack, Owen, Gwen, Tosh, Ianto.

Anyone?

Please tell me these are gonna be going into production? Anyone else want Torchwood Minimates?

Anyone?

Just make sure they're 3", so they don't fit-in with the Dr. Who series (like Character Options)! :P

Absolutely, this would be a great boxset! B)

It wasn't said as such, but DST's answer was confusing, plus we've only seen proto art, and it hasn't been officially confirmed by DST that they are 100% coming out.

I don't think we've seen a wave breakdown either.

Anyone?

Heck yeah. Put me down for a set.

It wasn't said as such, but DST's answer was confusing, plus we've only seen proto art, and it hasn't been officially confirmed by DST that they are 100% coming out.

I don't think we've seen a wave breakdown either.

Because these are not DST's license, it's Underground Toys that are "ram-rodding" this project. That's not to say that DST couldn't play some part in distribution in the United States, but none of this has been confirmed yet. Think of it as say, Mezco (or some other company) decided that they wanted to do a line of Minimates. They acquire the license and present it to AA for production (hammering-out costs etc.). Then (or simultaneously), they start working-out deals for distribution (via Diamond, retail chains, etc.). I have a feeling that Character Options might be on-board for European distribution (since Underground is the U.S. distributor of their products); again, not official...just an educated-guess. Now, as far as U.S. distribution, they could approach Diamond (since they distribute to most specialty shops and stores like SunCoast, F.Y.E., etc.) or by some other venues. Diamond seems the most likely, so they may have some info. eventually, but ultimately this is a totally new party (similar to when DCD came on board to produce their line...separate, yet equally cool) and will be dictated by the parameters of their (U.T.) contract. Time will tell, but personally I'm excited about another player in the field (especially since DCD's fate is so cryptic). If successful, this could open-up a million (perhaps exagerated) other lines that would have not been possible by DST or DCD (yeah, I'm look'in at you,often negleted 2000A.D. !! :P). Expansion is neccessary for our conquest of "Minimate-Supremecy". "Stand, and deliver!"...ooooo, now I'm quoting Adam Ant (sooo U.K-ewl.).

• 2 weeks later...
You... you... I'll never trust another human being again, as long as I live! :(

Ha! Well, I suppose you shoudn't look at the three OTHER pieces done in that same style:

http://www.ironcowprod.com/plastic/block_figures.html

Hey, I was young and my heart was an open book.

I used to live and let live

(you know you did, you know you did, you know you did...)

Does this make me a traitor?