UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DOCTOR WHO Minimates

I have never seen peas available as a side dish at any pizzaria I've ever been too. Where was it you used to live JJW?

My dad was in the US Air Force and we were stationed at Alconbury from approximately 1983-1985, so some time has passed since then.

Ahhhh now it all becomes clear... You didn't say it was Cambridgeshire before! :D

You know, this really does explain a lot - considering I started my education there! Between that and Postman Pat and his bloody black and white cat, I'm lucky I'm as normal as I am! :wacko::captainbritain:

Hey, if you ever need postman pat action figures I'm sure my kid'll be happy to trade! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok heres a bit of who news I got in a very strange way. I have just spent a day and a half in hospital after being admitted with pains across my chest and stomach. (They think its gallstones and I may need my gallbladder removed)

Anyway I'm on a large number of pills till I can have more tests. So I cant sleep in the hospital so I put on the radio and listen through headphones and there happens to be an interview/ Q&A between Russell T, Moffett and a bunch of other Who personnel and some members of the public on BBC radio 7

One person asked if there is any chance of Dr Who Lego as they thought it would be a good seller. The answer he got was that they did approach Lego about it but Lego turned it down as they dont think Who has a big enough American audience for the product.

just something I thought I would pass on may not be minimates but shows that some sort of block figure was considered.

Well that's bad news about the gall stones which I believe are very painful :( I'm sure you'll be fine soon & at least you got to hear the Dr.Who news. Although bad news for Lego fans I still can't believe (& I mean that I honestly can't believe it) that such an obvious huge potential success like Dr.Who Minimates is (are?) being shelved. Perhaps they wouldn't be a mainstream Lego success but niche-market Minimate success is written all over them. I would genuinely put my shirt on Dr.Who Minimates being sell-outs....especially if they were produced in the numbers that I believe current Minimate Box-sets are produced in !

All the best to you Minifiend UK !

• 5 months later...

I STILL WANT SOME DAMNED DOCTOR WHO MINIMATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

necro bump

Oh, BHM, I showed my wife your Tennant Doctor custom, and she loved it. And she doesn't really give a damn about my hobbies. :)

Good work again, sir.

Underground Toys seem to be almost embarassed by the license which is tragic for 'us'. They actually remind me of a child that will break their unwanted toy just to stop some other kid playing with it.....I'm not joking. For those who may not know ...Underground Toys hold the rights to the US Dr.Who franchise. Theoretically if Minimates were produced for the UK market then somebody else might be able to take the Minimate license but would not be able to sell them officially in the US. Minimates cannot be sold in the UK/EU for safety reasons so even if..............

.................I bloody well hate Underground Toys :angry:

Underground Toys seem to be almost embarassed by the license which is tragic for 'us'. They actually remind me of a child that will break their unwanted toy just to stop some other kid playing with it.....I'm not joking. For those who may not know ...Underground Toys hold the rights to the US Dr.Who franchise. Theoretically if Minimates were produced for the UK market then somebody else might be able to take the Minimate license but would not be able to sell them officially in the US. Minimates cannot be sold in the UK/EU for safety reasons so even if..............

.................I bloody well hate Underground Toys :angry:

Well.

My hope has been buggered to death now :(

hey guys guess what i found today: A MINIMATE SIZED DALEK! yeah its just the the right size! now all i need is a docter to go with it. i'll get pics up as soon as possible

And there will be locking. Sadly this thread has run out of time. There will never be Doctor Who Minimates. I'd love to be wrong, in fact if there ever are official Doctor Who Minimates I'll eat what's left of Ady's hat. As it stands this is an ex thread. It is deceased. It 'as ceased to be.