UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DOCTOR WHO Minimates

Great work TBT. Don't forget to turn the phone section into black text on a white background though.

*Rad: Teaching Grandmothers how to suck eggs since 1939*

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work TBT. Don't forget to turn the phone section into black text on a white background though.

*Rad: Teaching Grandmothers how to suck eggs since 1939*

I just looked on the BBC Doctor Who website and its white text on a blackish background also the sign on the front door is a grubby white.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/tardis/index.shtml

To be honest I would quite happy with the way it looks now then fiddle with it too much

attn: owners of the Micro Tardis.

Can it be removed from the little sidewalk? How many minis can you place inside? thx

also, when do we get a "for sure" on this line? or any idea on what quarter if they do go? 4th quarter this year? 1st quarter 09?

Can it be removed from the little sidewalk?

--ABSOLUTELY.

How many minis can you place inside?

--Errr... 4, maybe? It'd be crammed, though. Practically, though, I wouldn't have more than one standing halfway inside the door.

• 1 month later...

I bought two little 2.5 inch daleks and they are awesome! I just ordered the micro tardis.. I'll be real sad if this line doesnt go through. :)

2" battery powered talking Daleks... its like they knew minimates would be made one day.. haha "must destroy the Doctor!" "Exterminate!".. and they wind up and roll.. they were $18 but I think I have to get some more!

I bought two little 2.5 inch daleks and they are awesome! I just ordered the micro tardis.. I'll be real sad if this line doesnt go through. :)

2" battery powered talking Daleks... its like they knew minimates would be made one day.. haha "must destroy the Doctor!" "Exterminate!".. and they wind up and roll.. they were $18 but I think I have to get some more!

Any pics you can share? Please? :biggrin:

Hi. I'm new to this forum, so, er.. Hai there! :D

Anyway, Anyone know if these are still being made?

I emailed Underground Toys today to find out and i'm yet for a response.

Also, this is a bit off-topic, but where in the UK can i buy minimates besides eBay?

Hi. I'm new to this forum, so, er.. Hai there! :D

Anyway, Anyone know if these are still being made?

I emailed Underground Toys today to find out and i'm yet for a response.

Also, this is a bit off-topic, but where in the UK can i buy minimates besides eBay?

Welcome Matimoo,the Dr.Who 'mates have gone a bit quiet but they are scheduled for December apparently. Minimates are no longer deemed fit for Europeans so are increasingly difficult to find . Limited Edition (see banner ad)seem to be the 'popular choice', just remember that a 'complete' set or wave contains 4 packs of 2 including the variant :yes: & strictly speaking it's still ebay,so I dunno really....most of us buy online from the US .

Waitasec... is Europe no longer allowed to import Minimates due to safety reasons? Or are they deemd 'unfit' due to lack of market interest?

Just curious. This was the first I'd heard of it.

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Waitasec... is Europe no longer allowed to import Minimates due to safety reasons? Or are they deemd 'unfit' due to lack of market interest?

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Officially it's for safety reasons ,EU ,CE certification. 'Unfit' due to lack of market interest? There is plenty of interest despite no marketing that I have ever seen this side of the pond. Insult to injury, we now expect Dr.Who 'Mates which will not be officially sold here :rolleyes: F**king apathy if you ask me.

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Officially it's for safety reasons ,EU ,CE certification. 'Unfit' due to lack of market interest? There is plenty of interest despite no marketing that I have ever seen this side of the pond. Insult to injury, we now expect Dr.Who 'Mates which will not be officially sold here :rolleyes: F**king apathy if you ask me.

interestingly enough all the stuff which is'nt supposed to be for sale over here still has the CE certification on it which means its safe to sell and has been tested by the EU that's assuming DST arn't just sticking CE on there stuff even though its not been tested, that's a lawsuit just waiting to happen

heres a link to the original forum topic about no mates to Europe. Original Topic

I know it is no mates to UK/Europe but Forbidden Planet still list mates including the Classic Avengers Boxset on their website and I think they are the largest comics merchandise chain in the UK. maybe they are importing themselves from USA and not classing mates as toys but as collectables.

What?!? thats harsh. I didnt know that. I have seen quite a few minimate items on sites such as Amazon,Play.com or Staractionfigures.

Oh, btw, this is my response from Underground Toys about these Doctor Who Ones.

Not yet I’m afraid – they’re a 2009 product now Matt.

What?!? thats harsh. I didnt know that. I have seen quite a few minimate items on sites such as Amazon,Play.com or Staractionfigures.

As long as they are still planned on being release, I'm OK with waiting. They just look too cool. I do hope they are sold over here in the US, but if I have to buy them from a UK online store to get 'em, so be it!

I do hope they are sold over here in the US, but if I have to buy them from a UK online store to get 'em, so be it!

Unfortunately for us in UK it is likely that we will have to buy them from the US .

I do hope they are sold over here in the US, but if I have to buy them from a UK online store to get 'em, so be it!

Unfortunately for us in UK it is likely that we will have to buy them from the US .

Despite the fact they are MADE for us considering Doctor Who is a British show.

WOW! So cool... been dreaming of these for a long time, but can I say my biggest dream has come true... I designed these back in 2006 :P

They can be found via visiting my photoshop webpage (click the TK Minimate vault in my signature) or here TKat Concept Vault

Okay I slipped torchwood in, but I have at least good reason too, go Jack!

I will most definitely be getting my hands on these, I am just like... wow :D

cheers,

TK

Edited by Totalus_Kat

I like them! go Rose and Gwen! :D

Anyone know how these will be packaged?

I reckon:

10th Doctor and Cyberman

Martha and Jack

9th Doctor and (Rose?)

With the chase being either a 10th Doctor or Cyberman Variant :P

Oh, by the way, how does the chase figure thing work? do you have to buy it by itself?

I like them! go Rose and Gwen! :D

Anyone know how these will be packaged?

I reckon:

10th Doctor and Cyberman

Martha and Jack

9th Doctor and (Rose?)

With the chase being either a 10th Doctor or Cyberman Variant :P

Oh, by the way, how does the chase figure thing work? do you have to buy it by itself?

I(we) know very little about the proposed Dr.Who Minimates though your conjecture is welcome. Cybermen are obviously some of your favourite characters. They lean heavily on the BSG Modern Cylon character already produced,so it is possible that an early 'army' builder might happen. Chase figures in each Minimate Wave are packed with a (more)common figure.

I(we) know very little about the proposed Dr.Who Minimates though your conjecture is welcome. Cybermen are obviously some of your favourite characters. They lean heavily on the BSG Modern Cylon character already produced,so it is possible that an early 'army' builder might happen. Chase figures in each Minimate Wave are packed with a (more)common figure.

Army builders would be great!

I just thought up how they could make a Dalek.

Im not sure what figure it was, but somewhere I saw a minimate that had a wheelchair with a cover over it. If the wheelchair looked like a dalek lower part, and the cover went over, it would look like a dalek bottom. for the top, they could do a torso plate, similar to 'Powerhouse Thing' which would have dalek weapons on the front, with the minimates real arms removed, or even used as those weapons. and for the head, have a helmet similar to Juggernaut, with a hole for the eye, and if the headpiece was blue, that would look like the eye.

I know that this would break the 14-point articulation rule, but look at people like Kingpin and Sandman

Woah, I need a nap. zzzzzz... :lol:

EDIT: I found out who the wheelchair guy was, its Prof.Xiaver (spelling?)

Edited by Matimoo