UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 21 22 and 23

Punisher

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Guess some people will never be happy.

[fanboy mode]

Did you not read the majority of the thread and the excitement generated by these and the fact that Marvel is alive?

There IS a huge buzz and pretty much everyone IS very excited. People have pointed out there will always be naysayers or people that want something different no matter what you do but they are very much a minority.

You guys a have really taken a step up with all the new mates and honestly they all look great and any bitching is simply hoping to change from awesome to perfect.

Being an IronMan Geek I LOVE the Movie wave (I'm way too impatient, can I have them NOW please! :) ) and despite being surprised by the choices I'm excited for 'wave 23', not to mention the Trek mates and all the other lines you have on display.

[/fanboy mode]

My only complaints... We know there's a 'wave 22' Hulk movie wave there somewhere and my complaint is that we haven't seen yet and I'd love to see/know more about the Dr Who minimate art we saw! ;)

T.

Wow. Guess some people will never be happy.

I'm happy. Can't you see me doing my "happy dance" at all the great Minimate news? Seriously, I'm dancing like mad over here.

yea i was too, but i got destracted by a minimate <_<

Sorry guys, I posted that comment after reading a slew of negative postings on another board. Didn't mean to imply people here were all negative ;)

I just really don't like the "why would you waste that slot on X character when Y character would be so much better." There's a lot more that goes into character selection than that. Man, if I could do my own dream lineup it would be soooo cost prohibitive DST'd go bankrupt ;)

The cost angle does add new insight into how Wave 23 was laid out. When you look at both War Machines, Cloak, Gamora, and Nova, Dagger and Spymaster make more sense, since Dagger is a blank with a hairpiece and Spymaster is a blank with guns and holsters. And given that its an entire wave without a single retread, how can anyone be negative?

What board? We'll go over and pound some faces. :)

Seriously, though, that's interesting to hear, Matt. We're obviously the core demographic here, and would keep buying wave after wave of Spidey variants if necessary to keep the line going. We know you try to fit in obscure characters to keep us happy. But, you obviously have to cater to the larger casual buyer market, as well.

Has the overall response to the upcoming waves not been as positive as you wanted? I personally think the Iron Man wave is fantastic, and I'm quite happy to scratch a modern Nova off my customs to-do list. :)

Doing the Happy Cappy dance here on the West Coast! (And we've got actual, hands-on Marvel 'Mates coming our way in two days!)

I must retract my earlier negative comment on the unseen Hulk wave. I was thinking of the last Hulk movie, didn't read carefully enough to realize Wave 22 was based on the upcoming movie. My bad.

Oh, also, since we have you here...

DC 'mates?!? What's the deal? Good news, bad news? Can you give us even a little hint? I know DCD is in charge, but have you heard anything?

Sorry guys, but I have zip to do with DC mates.

As for the haters, you can blame some of the Star Wars discussion boards for that. I mean, who can look at our Ultimate Quarter Scale stuff and NOT think it looks like the characters? Waaaaay off-topic though.

Getting back to Toy Fair discussion now...

I personally think the Iron Man wave is fantastic, and I'm quite happy to scratch a modern Nova off my customs to-do list.

Ditto - I was able to take Cloak, Dagger and Spymaster off of my customs to-do list with this wave.

I scratched Nova off of my customs list and put my Cloak and Dagger customs with all my other retired customs:

e-scrap_shredding.jpg

I am very much excited about the new waves as they all look fantastic (minus daggers hairpiece) but I do have to admit that the character choices were a bit odd. But like a lot of people here, I want the whole marvel universe in minimate form, so any new character is a good character!!!

Both are characters that figure prominently in current storylines:

Gamora - the girlfriend/villian in the current Annihilation series with Nova

Spymaster - a pretty bigtime villian in Iron Man history, and one who is staging a comeback in the current IM and Civil War books.

I think DST is taking a smart tack trying to blend fan-favorite characters with ones who are relevant in the books right now.

But who the h3!! are they!? Yes, I like obscure characters. Characters I've never heard of before. But if we get those and the line gets cancelled (it's happened so often to so many toylines I've collected), and we never get the characters that everyone is screaming for, it's pointless to get the obscure first. How many Spider-Mans do we have?

Firstly how many times have you said if I only get those and the line gets cancelled I'll have a hissy fit? (Everytime a new wave in announced?)

Secondly If they gave you all the people you want in one wave you'd stop buying em after that wave.

Thirdly, Who says what you want is the perfect choice and less pointless to others than these seem to you?

Fourthly, Who the hell are they? go back and read the thread, it's been explained at least twice.

Nuff said.

T.

Spymaster is a longtime enemy of Iron Man and his Iron friends. There has actually been around three of them, with this being the first one.

Wikipedia

Marvel Directory

Gamora is a one-time associate of Thanos and later Adam Warlock. Lately, she's been associated with Nova and recently was infected by the Phalanx techo virus.

Wikipedia

As for the haters, you can blame some of the Star Wars discussion boards for that. I mean, who can look at our Ultimate Quarter Scale stuff and NOT think it looks like the characters? Waaaaay off-topic though.

Getting back to Toy Fair discussion now...

the only downside as i've said before is i would love to be able to go into my lcs over here in the UK and get them from the previews catalouge, but i've got to wait till they get sourced from a seller in the states,

now i don't go in for begging much but...

please please please think about us poor folk in europe, think of the children, think of the humanity, poor little timmy might never know the joy of his 1st minimate borg or marvel @ the baldness of captian Picards shinney head

there begging over back to normal life....

Firstly how many times have you said if I only get those and the line gets cancelled I'll have a hissy fit? (Everytime a new wave in announced?)

Secondly If they gave you all the people you want in one wave you'd stop buying em after that wave.

Thirdly, Who says what you want is the perfect choice and less pointless to others than these seem to you?

Fourthly, Who the hell are they? go back and read the thread, it's been explained at least twice.

I'd buy them all, regardless if they gave us the popular characters sooner or later. But not giving us them sooner, they risk never releasing them at all.

Thanks for chopping my head off. I forgot that I'm always wrong, my opinion is garbage and never matters. Silly me.

I should come back to these boards more often. <_<