UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 21 22 and 23

Punisher

Cloak and Dagger make more sense as they are quite prominant in the Marvel Universe at the moment, and in the last few years. I'll be buying both War Machines, but no others.

Nova is HUGE right now in the Marvel Universe, staring in his own series and being involved with both Annihilations and in the outcome of Civil War. Cloak and Dagger recently have played a little role in Runaways and Civil War. Gamora is Nova's villain in the series. IMO, Modern Nova and Gamora make more sense then Cloak and Dagger. But I will be buying the whole set, so I'm happy all around.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MiniMates announced through the end of the year and not a single Spider-Man in them. I hope DSTChuck is all right. :) At least we're seeing Marvel 'Mates.

I'll accept an entire wave of Iron Man, what with the movie coming out and all. But c'mon, The Hulk movie? (Sorry, Shanester). World War Hulk would be a much greater diversion. And I've got to ask: where's Deadpool by now?

I do like the new face/mask combinations they're trying with Iron Man. And absolutely digging War Machine -- a perfect MiniMate rendition of a badass character. There are nine

So I keep counting nine figures in the Iron Man display. A series plus an exclusive 2-pack? Or are is the tony in and out of his armor counted as one figure? If so, that's some serious accessorizing going on.

Lovin' these for the most part, but I need to weigh in with some of my complaints.

First off, I don't know why everyone loves the Cloak... I don't see what's so great about it. The paint job on the face and the cloak seems kind of muddy, and the head-part of the cloak doesn't even fit all the way down (which is one of my complaints about the task master mate). Also, I know I'm in the minority here, but "civilian mates" don't turn me on... I would prefered something other than a minimate version of Gweneth Paltrow and Terrance Howard. And Spymaster is a waste of a slot. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of doing fan favorite or obscure Marvel characters... but Spymaster isn't someone anyone really cares about. There are other obscure characters that people would be more prone to geek out over. And I don't even know who Gamora is.

Here's to hoping that one day I get that Man-Thing Werewolf by Night 2-pack.

And Spymaster is a waste of a slot. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of doing fan favorite or obscure Marvel characters... but Spymaster isn't someone anyone really cares about.

:huh: I care!

He's very relevant as a major villain in the issues where the War Machine armors were first shown, so makes total sense.

As for cloak,he's always been draw as 'muddy' ;) I assume they'll fix the face being too low before they go to production.

T.

Wouldn't Mandarin been better? With such a Iron Man centric couple of sets and him being in the recent story arc, and mini series, and apparently in the movie (though we haven't seen anything about it). I'm just sayin.. Mandarin or Spymaster *shrugs*

As I explained above, the main villain for those armors in the IM book (before J.R.-WM span off into his own stuff) was Spymaster. Mandarin was 'absent' at the time (Growing his hands back & going even more nuts etc) so Spymaster makes a lot more sense!

besides I want a Mandarin as much as the next guy but he would make a better villain for IM not WM!

Anyways *shrugs too*, lets not get all uppity over it :)

I'm not going to defend DST's decision beyond that but as a huge IM geek I think it's a good choice and one that totally fits.

T.

Dang, I'm really suprised at some peoples reaction :( since there was some possible rumors of no more Marvels mates (whether you believed it or not). I'm extremely excited about Nova :biggrin: , he is my looking to be my all time favorite and your missing a really good story if your not reading his comic, it's not as good as Invincible, but I'll take it dancing all the way home.

All I have to say is thanks DST and Marvel!!!

I'm excited about Nova, because for one of the first times in history, the Minimate is based off a somewhat current storyline. And Cloak and Dagger has been on some people's request list for a while. And we're getting a host of more modern Iron Man armors. I wouldn't be surprised to see the modern IM pop up at some point in the near future.

Anyone think they may change daggers hair to a new sculpt? I am officially tired of that same old hairpiece! Its starting to look silly already when you have them displayed and the majority of the marvel females are sporting the same do lol. They have so many great other hairpieces like Jean Grey (movie) and Mary Jane (movie) not to mention supregirls and stargirls! I dunno, what do you guys think?

Anyone think they may change daggers hair to a new sculpt? I am officially tired of that same old hairpiece! Its starting to look silly already when you have them displayed and the majority of the marvel females are sporting the same do lol. They have so many great other hairpieces like Jean Grey (movie) and Mary Jane (movie) not to mention supregirls and stargirls! I dunno, what do you guys think?

I agree, even the oftenly re-used ult. storm hair is better that that puffy one... we have at least 5 or 6 female hairpeices that look great, but havent been re-used

I've just had an idea concerning the Hulk's bulk (accidental rhyme). You could get a normal Bruce Banner, but you could get a Hulk 'suit' to put on him, similar to the movie Iron Man armours. It could have lots of extra bulk on it and it would make the Hulk bigger.

Vig

Edit: Boo, Hiss. The spellcheck on the type box tried to say I spelt Armour wrong, and it's a British computer!

Looks like even the computers are against us, Brits.

On another note, I have just realised that it is gonna be hell for me and the other Brits to get these mates, thanks to DST's great choice.

No, I won't shut up.

yay :D

finally another new warrior made it to the minimates, well at that time hes not in the NW's but he was one and u know what they say, once a NW always a NW

and even reserve NW dagger made it :D

Wow. Guess some people will never be happy.

True - you'll always get those folks who complain their fav character isn't in the mix. That's life and they'll (hopefully) grow out of that stage.

There is quite a bit of positive buzz about what's been shown though. The Iron Man stuff is top notch. I just might buy my first ever case - so that I have extra armours to play with. Really impressed with War Machine. He was easily in my top 10 wish list's.

Try not to let it get to you guys....some people will bitch no matter what happens, even if they got exactly what they wanted they would still find something to bitch about it....I am very happy with whats been shown so far and cant wait to see more!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Try not to let it get to you guys....some people will bitch no matter what happens, even if they got exactly what they wanted they would still find something to bitch about it....I am very happy with whats been shown so far and cant wait to see more!

"How come Deadpool doesn't come with <weapon name here>? I was hoping for the <story arc name here> Gambit, not the <other story arc name here> Gambit."

I'm happy. We get a bunch of BRAND NEW characters in the comic book wave and alot of attention to detail in the Iron Man movie wave. Seeing a Spymaster minimate has me hoping for a Titanium Man or Mandarin at some point and overall my feelings are positive.