UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 21 22 and 23

Punisher

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion that is backed up by the fact that wave 23 is awesome, is that wave 23 is awesome. I knew the Cloak and Dagger were coming for about 6 months now, but Spymaster, Nova, War Machine, and Gamorra are so out of left field that I'm blown away. I can't wait to get my hands on these, and to find out what's coming up in later lines. Even though the movie lines aren't my bag, I'll grab a Mark III Iron Man for an Extremis version.

I'd buy them all, regardless if they gave us the popular characters sooner or later. But not giving us them sooner, they risk never releasing them at all.

Thanks for chopping my head off. I forgot that I'm always wrong, my opinion is garbage and never matters. Silly me.

I should come back to these boards more often. <_<

*Put's head back on and breaks out the ductape*

Ok, so maybe It came of a little harsher than I meant, sorry for that. We're getting so many nay sayers complaining about what we're not getting without standing back and smelling the roses that yes I'm a little pissed off.

Seriously though we just saw a TON of cool new minimates and obviously they have plans for the future because they renewed the license.

Minimates have gone 20+ waves of Marvel... that's a lot of characters.

If they did only popular choices first the line would probably be dead by now. Think of your seven least favorite obscure marvel minimates and then imagine that was the wave they just put out because they'd done the popular stuff first.. you wouldn't buy it no one would.

Also it's a very subjective topic I want a Captain Britain minimate more than just about any other marvel character and would prefer him over either Deadpool or Gambit.

As I said sorry for busting your balls but did you need to add to the negativity?

T.

*removes ductape, turns head around so the face is now at the front then re-tapes it*

They look cool. Nova is awesome. No idea who the yellow blue guy is.

The blue guy's name is SPYMASTER.

He's an older IM villain and an odd choice for a Minimate, but maybe DST is trying for more obscure characters like DCD is doing with their Minimate line.

Wait a second. Can it be?

IT IS!

Shellhead finally has a VILLAIN. WOW!

Seriously though, I wish that one of those IM movie figures was Iron Monger. He looks so freaking cool in the trailer.

IT IS!

Seriously though, I wish that one of those IM movie figures was Iron Monger. He looks so freaking cool in the trailer.

One is Iron Monger... Top right of most of the pictures of the IM movie wave. ;)

T.

IT IS!

One is Iron Monger... Top right of most of the pictures of the IM movie wave. ;)

T.

Ah. Maybe the first post needs to be amended. It says that one of them is Iron Man Mark IV. I was wondering about that.

In any case...

TWO VILLAINS FOR IRON MAN! Oh happy day!

Try not to let it get to you guys....some people will bitch no matter what happens, even if they got exactly what they wanted they would still find something to bitch about it....I am very happy with whats been shown so far and cant wait to see more!

"How come Deadpool doesn't come with <weapon name here>? I was hoping for the <story arc name here> Gambit, not the <other story arc name here> Gambit."

Hey, I LIKE Deadpool... :P

Matt, I do wanna know though. I take it that Spymaster and Gamora (Gamera?) were picked because of who they come with, right? No offence meant to the characters or anything, but find me one person who can honestly say they think Spymaster or Gamora are more popular than Gambit or Deadpool. However, a Deadpool/War Machine two pack would be unthinkably stupid, and I do support your choice.

On another note, I LOVE the Iron Man waves. That IM looks STUNNING, and the likeness on RDJ is perfect. The removable armor is downright brilliant, though MKI could use some non-fleshy arms. Anyway, great job, now make me a damn Deadpool (and Irredeemable Ant-Man :P)

The cost angle does add new insight into how Wave 23 was laid out. When you look at both War Machines, Cloak, Gamora, and Nova, Dagger and Spymaster make more sense, since Dagger is a blank with a hairpiece and Spymaster is a blank with guns and holsters. And given that its an entire wave without a single retread, how can anyone be negative?

You know I think I was the only person to say anything negative, LOL so it's all directed at me here :P and I didn't even say anything negative. I agree with everyone who likes this wave, I think it's friggin awesome! That Iron Man stuf is really cool. But there's nothing wrong with pointing out what I think the short comings in these waves are *shrugs*

I am sick of getting attacked on message boards.

Boy, do I ever hear you there! <_<

As for the haters, you can blame some of the Star Wars discussion boards for that. I mean, who can look at our Ultimate Quarter Scale stuff and NOT think it looks like the characters? Waaaaay off-topic though.

Don't even give it a second thought man. SW fanboys are some of the hugest jerks out there. There's a reason I never bothered to register at ANY SW site.

the hulk wave is confirmed, i think it's in Wizard's article.

Any pics of the Hulk wave and if there is could you post a link? :blink:

we were lucky to get pics of the Iron Man stuff, apparently, or something.

Some additional notes about Diamond Select Toys: Iron Man and Hulk movie Minimates were shown, but they could not be photographed.

I may be the only one, but personally I'm most excited by Spymaster. I always thought he was a very cool character (although a SPY running around in bright blue and yellow tights doesn't make a whole lot of sense...) and I can't believe they're making him. I thought Taskmaster was as obscure as they would get!

We certainly do seem to like our "masters" lately. Spymaster, Taskmaster, Eric Masterson Thor. There certainly seem to be a lot of them in the Marvel Universe, though. Maybe a box set?

Alicia Masters (Fantastic Four)

Bushmaster (Thunderbolts)

Fearmaster (Punisher)

Freakmaster (Ghost Rider)

Grandmaster (Fantastic Four)

Kevin Masterson (Thunderstrike)

Lady Mastermind (X-Men)

Lightmaster (Spider-Man)

Mass Master (Power Pack)

Master of the World (Alpha Flight)

Master Khan (Iron Fist)

Master Man(Captain America)

Master Menace (Squadron Supreme)

Mastermind (X-Men)

Master Pandemonium (Avengers)

Metal Master (Hulk)

Puppet Master (Fantastic Four)

Ringmaster (Hulk)

We certainly do seem to like our "masters" lately. Spymaster, Taskmaster, Eric Masterson Thor. There certainly seem to be a lot of them in the Marvel Universe, though. Maybe a box set?

Now that is a list. Did you pull that list together from memory, or do you have some sort of "Master Marvel Character List" you referenced?

And for the record, I would totally buy a "Masters" box set. Or a "Masters of Evil" box set.

So this how you spend your time when Chucks out of the office. :P:D

T.

Now that is a list. Did you pull that list together from memory, or do you have some sort of "Master Marvel Character List" you referenced?

And for the record, I would totally buy a "Masters" box set. Or a "Masters of Evil" box set.

Masters of the [Marvel] Universe!