Nova and Gamora

James Rhodes Warmachine and Spymaster

Variant: Tony Stark Warmachine and Spymaster

Pics

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already linked to in the main Toyfair page... :)

Also there are links to IM movie mates :D :D

I'd consider downgrading these to links and being careful reposting images like this for now, linking is fine but we don't want to get into trouble with DST for posting images before they are legit!

T.

p.s. Doesn't mean I didn't save the images to my Hard drive as these sorts of shots are notoriously short lived and get taken down.

Does it look to everyone else like the iron man armors in wave 21 are actually "armors?" that you can put the pieces around the figures like dressing them? For those who do customs, I would think that would be a dream come true, to be able to put any random figure into a piece of armor...

if youre a uk fan, please place the appropriate "u" in every mention of armor...

someone said this over at the original marvelous news minimate sighting:

"can't wait for this wave. too bad it won't be out for a while since the release said that its coming out after the Ironman and Hulk movie themed waves of minimates. i'll get all 3 of those packs. That Nova and Gamora look awesome. i hope they come out with more box sets this year like the spiderman, zombies and defenders sets. "

hulk movie mates too?

EDIT: a quote from wizarduniverse.com

"Diamond’s also continuing their strong tradition of releasing some of the coolest tiny titans in the industry with their Marvel Mini-Mates. Series 21 will focus on the “Iron Man†movie and portray characters as they’re seen in the film, while Series 22 will focus on characters from the upcoming “Incredible Hulk†flick.

We got a sneak peek at these figures and not only do they look great, but they also made us even more excited for the movies.

Diamond’s also got Series 23 planned with Cloak, Dagger, two versions of War Machine, Spy Master, Nova and Gamora (as seen in Annihilation"

someone said this over at the original marvelous news minimate sighting:

"can't wait for this wave. too bad it won't be out for a while since the release said that its coming out after the Ironman and Hulk movie themed waves of minimates. i'll get all 3 of those packs. That Nova and Gamora look awesome. i hope they come out with more box sets this year like the spiderman, zombies and defenders sets. "

hulk movie mates too?

EDIT: a quote from wizarduniverse.com

"Diamond’s also continuing their strong tradition of releasing some of the coolest tiny titans in the industry with their Marvel Mini-Mates. Series 21 will focus on the “Iron Man†movie and portray characters as they’re seen in the film, while Series 22 will focus on characters from the upcoming “Incredible Hulk†flick.

We got a sneak peek at these figures and not only do they look great, but they also made us even more excited for the movies.

Diamond’s also got Series 23 planned with Cloak, Dagger, two versions of War Machine, Spy Master, Nova and Gamora (as seen in Annihilation"

Punisher, much as I love you digging up the dirt, there's already a main thread for News from Toyfair, can I suggest that we keep that as the official place to post this sort of thing or we're going to have dozens of semi random threads to chase through. :)

T.

Thank goodness. We can finally put the "Marvel MiniMates are DOOOOOOOMED!" rumors to rest. I figured we'd see some at Toy Fair, so I'm glad these are here. Looking good.

As awful as the movie was, I'm a little more disappointed we're not getting the Ghost Rider 'Mates. They'd have gone well with X3, SM3, IM, and Hulk.

Oh man I just went back and looked to see where these "War Machines" are from...

#283 Stark & #284 onwards Rhodey... Amusingly Spymaster shows up a lot during those issues so it makes perfect sense :)

I have to say as a total shellhead fan these are PERFECT renditions of the two versions of the WarMachine armor... Even if they were still IronMan at that point (#291 is the first time it's called the WarMachine armor...*cough*geek*cough*)

T.

p.s. I love they gave Rhodey the serious square hair he had back then too :D

To all of the Minimate-ateers on this site:

THEY listen. I have been threading about IM mates for a year! This is big...

On the ST MM's, Troy better have big jugs when her figure is released or I will riot!

Long live the mates! I think we all should be proud of how devoted we are to purchasing these toys.

Also, this continuation of MM's could possibly end my relationship.

Anyone reading this is a BIG F'in NERD. Not only are you grown, you are buying toys AND typing about them.

Guilty as charged.

WW4M

Wow

I am so excited. I absolutely love the Iron man mates. I cannot wait to see the hulk mates, those should be awesome!. I really like wave 23, even though i'm not familiar with a few characters. But anyways, any word on a release date or a time when we can expect these???

Thanks

Does it look to everyone else like the iron man armors in wave 21 are actually "armors?" that you can put the pieces around the figures like dressing them? For those who do customs, I would think that would be a dream come true, to be able to put any random figure into a piece of armor...

if youre a uk fan, please place the appropriate "u" in every mention of armor...

I'm in the UK & the new Iron-Man U-armor is terrific. Each piece of U-armor being detachable is a great idea but I'm already getting fed-up so let's just live with non-U armor ! :thumbsup:

Marvel Minimates....oh joy! :highfive2:

I'm loving the IM movie mates. Hopefully they can come out around the actual movie's release, give or take a year. HA.

I'm also liking the entire wave 23. It's not characters I generally am into (Nova), nut it's nice to see some diversity, and especially in some respects, the Marvel line following DC Directs lead and making some obscure characters.

I'm really pleased that Marvel Minimates are safe. I love the War Machine's but I have to say I am disappointed with the other selections in that wave. Nova, Spymaster and Gamora? I'm sorry but wtf? These are supposed to cater for casual buyers, but barely anyone seems to know who the hell they are. Surely Red Skull and Gambit are more appealling to the casual buyer than anyone else? Cloak and Dagger make more sense as they are quite prominant in the Marvel Universe at the moment, and in the last few years. I'll be buying both War Machines, but no others.

I don't like the idea of Hulk Movie Minimates, unless they were 2.5inch or bigger. We already have as good versions we are gonna get of Hulk and Abomination (next week) in 2inch form, and I don't think the Movie ones can improve. I know that their movie looks will be different, but I don't think that Hulk or large characters work all that well in Minimate form. They lack the size and muscle that the Hulk should have. Right now Mary Jane has as much muscle as the freaking Hulk on the arms, which annoys me, so unless they decide on some way to make the Hulk more hulky, I'm not holding much excitement for these.

Now Iron Man Movie Mates look awesome, the idea of interchangeable armour is inspired, and it looks fantastic. These are rightly bulky, and I can only hope that the Hulk mates follow suite in some way, shape or form. I like how we are getting different armours in the IM wave, and civilians to go with them. I am really excited about this wave. Bring it on!

Is it wrong to assume that one of those Iron Mans is Iron Monger.

I mean I haven't seen the movie yet but it would make sense to have the main villian in the wave.

I think the one in the top right of the group shot is him, just judging by what little that you see of him in the trailer.

Yeah, Iron Monger is in the top right corner. His look was confirmed a few months ago when pics of the Hasbro Iron Man movie action figure wave were leaked. Also for those curious, the armor in the back left is the Mark I, the sliver armor in the front right is the Mark II, and the red and gold armor in the back center is the Mark III.

I really don't mind the movie waves for Hulk and Iron Man too much, because the waves are going to do a good job at filling out the background characters of both heroes. I REALLY want to get my hands on Nova, but in the mean time we're gonna be getting Pepper Potts, a Business Suit Tony Stark, and James Rhodes from the Iron Man line and we're probably gonna see a Betty Ross, a General Ross, and maybe a Drifter Bruce Banner figure. This doesn't mean that I regularly want movie waves, but knowing that we're getting these figures will take the sting off some.