UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

star trek waves 4 and 5 revealed

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H'lo

Although I was a bit dissappointed that the Star Trek line expanded beyond TOS without a Romulan, Andorian or Salt Vampire... the announced waves are growing on me.

1. Great that we get the final regular TOS crew with Rand and Chapel.

2. The Borg looks fantastic.

3. In just two waves, we are given pretty much all the Trek captain's duty uniforms. So with a bit of bodyswapping, we have four Picards (TOS Movie from Tapestry, TNG Series 3-7, Generations and First Contact), four Siskos (TNG duty from Emissary, DS9 Series 1-5 and 6-7, and a TOS uniform from Trials & Tribble-ations), as well as a Decker body swap for Kirk.

4. I like the look of the chunky Wrath of Khan figures, after all they were getting a bit chunky.

5. and the Mirror, Mirror box set is just fabulous.

Bring them on...

Agreed. I've never been much of a fan of "mixed" waves as it takes forever to assemble key teams/scenes, however with this arrangement there's still hope of getting a few TOS aliens thrown-in from time to time. While all look great, I'm most excited for the "Mirror, Mirror" set, Rand, Chapel, and "sick bay" McCoy. I'm still throwing-out the suggestion for a TOS "Klingon warrior/ Romulan Centurian" army-building exclusive DST (if you're listening)! Borg "counter-dumpers" (like BSG's Cylon Asst.) would also please many fans. B) "Make it so".

My only gripe is the sculpted coats on the Kirk and Scotty movie variants. I understand why they did it, so I'm not complaining too much. But still, would have preferred a painted torso with a little skirt piece...

I totally know what you mean I was hopeing for the toroso printing as well, but they still look great I can not wait!

That's alternate universe Uhura... they dropped into a parallel universe where everyone changed sexes and that's how she looked.

What do you mean I'm making that up...

oh ok... It's Sisko from DS9.

T.

I thought this was Sisko?

http://tf08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=1013

Apparently there's 2 siskos:one variant and one regular. :)

That's alternate universe Uhura... they dropped into a parallel universe where everyone changed sexes and that's how she looked.

T.

One version is Sisko from the first couple of seasons (Commander Sisko). The other is a later version, after he was promoted to Captain and had Britney Spears do a number on his hair.

One is the variant.... the other is not. Don't ask me which is which.

On an unrelated note - the mixed wave is a bit of marketing genius for DST - given that many of us our completists, it'll take many many many waves to finish what this starts... ST:TMP, ST:TWOK, ST:TNG, ST:DS9 and the good ol' original ST. Just to get the basic 7-member casts (w/o aliens and what-not) it would take something like 4 or 5 more waves... add to that Voyager, Enterprise and perhaps the new movie.... we'll probably be seeing new ST mates at the next 2-3 toy fairs (or More)

T.

One version is Sisko from the first couple of seasons (Commander Sisko). The other is a later version, after he was promoted to Captain and had Britney Spears do a number on his hair.

One is the variant.... the other is not. Don't ask me which is which.

On an unrelated note - the mixed wave is a bit of marketing genius for DST - given that many of us our completists, it'll take many many many waves to finish what this starts... ST:TMP, ST:TWOK, ST:TNG, ST:DS9 and the good ol' original ST. Just to get the basic 7-member casts (w/o aliens and what-not) it would take something like 4 or 5 more waves... add to that Voyager, Enterprise and perhaps the new movie.... we'll probably be seeing new ST mates at the next 2-3 toy fairs (or More)

Sisko without hair is the regular release. Commander Sisko is the variant.

I grew up watching TNG, so those figures are a no-brainer for me. Let's hope that we can at least get the whole TNG crew before the license runs out for this one. . .that's the other side of the coolness of mixing up various shows' characters in the forthcoming waves.

Honestly, my biggest gripe is not enough TNG...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're there... and I don't mind the mixed up waves... but I think if they were gonna go at TNG, they should have done it with one full on wave, or at least 2 solid heavy hitter 2-Packs, and then started peppering the rest in like this...

Opened up with like... Picard, Data, Riker & Worf... then started with the releases of 1 or 2 other major characters peppered in gradually, a few at a time in later waves. (Kinda like they did with TOS).

Now I'm gonna have all this Jean-Luc and no crewmany goodness...

with so many era's and characters to chose from i don't know why they don't do what they do with marvel and do 2 waves at once, its works fine for marvel giving us more figures a year (when they get them out on time!!!) don't get me wrong i'm not complaining i'm glad we getting star trek minimates i just think we could handle more then 2-3 waves a year!

crunching the numbers here it would take till 2012 till we got all the main cast from all the movies and tv, thats not including all the bad guys and variant's were gonna get (3 wave's so far and 4 kirks!!!)

We could get series themed box sets to fill in the gaps.

a klingon warrior box set set

romulan star empire box set

borg box set

etc, etc, etc....

the thing with all these star trek minimate's is it's so easy to buy multiple set and just swap heads around you really can make as many generic characters as your budget allows :)

We could get series themed box sets to fill in the gaps.

borg box set

etc, etc, etc....

the thing with all these star trek minimate's is it's so easy to buy multiple set and just swap heads around you really can make as many generic characters as your budget allows :)

I meant more along the lines like the mirror mirror stuff, but a Borg set with different arm attachments would be good Stick the borg Queen and Locutus in with 3 borg and I'd go for that.

borg box set

Definitely some possibilities! If they stuck with the 5-figure format of the Mirror, Mirror set:

Romulans:

Commander Sela

Commander Tomalok

Commander Toreth (Face of the Enemy)

Commander Donatra (Nemesis)

Troi as a Romulan

Borg:

Borg Queen

Hugh Borg

Seven of Nine (full borg)

Picard as Locutus

Icheb

Klingons:

Gowron

Lursa

B'Etor

Duras

K'ehleyr

Ferengi:

Quark

Nog

Rom

Moogie

Grand Nagus

Cardassians:

Garak

Seska

Tora Ziyal

Damar

Gilora

I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the characters in earlier uniforms like TNG S1, & DS9's earlier outfits, since i imagine that most, if not all, won't get a variant like Capt. Sisko.

borg box set

Definitely some possibilities! If they stuck with the 5-figure format of the Mirror, Mirror set:

Romulans:

Commander Sela

Commander Tomalok

Troi as a Romulan

Borg:

Borg Queen

Hugh Borg

Picard as Locutus

Icheb

Klingons:

Gowron

Lursa

B'Etor

Duras

K'ehleyr

Ferengi:

Quark

Nog

Rom

Moogie

Grand Nagus

Cardassians:

Garak

Seska

Tora Ziyal

Damar

Gilora

I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the characters in earlier uniforms like TNG S1, & DS9's earlier outfits, since i imagine that most, if not all, won't get a variant like Capt. Sisko.

My choices for:

TNG season 1 box set

No-beard Riker

Tasha Yar

Red uniform Geordi

Red uniform, short hair Worf

Black slime alien (I forget the name) that killed Yar

and my choices for wave 6:

- Riker / Troi

- Data / Geordi

- Ferengi / Romulan

variant: casual uniform Troi

and wave 7:

- Worf / Dr. Crusher

- TMP Kirk / TMP Sulu

- TWOK Spock / TWOK McCoy

variant: radiation burn Spock

borg box set

Romulans:

Commander Sela

Commander Tomalok

Troi as a Romulan

Borg:

Borg Queen

Hugh Borg

Picard as Locutus

Icheb

Klingons:

Gowron

Lursa

B'Etor

Duras

K'ehleyr

Ferengi:

Quark

Nog

Rom

Moogie

Grand Nagus

Cardassians:

Garak

Seska

Tora Ziyal

Damar

Gilora

I agree with most all of that, but I think Troi's slot is better suited to a Shinzon.

My choices for:

TNG season 1 box set

No-beard Riker

Tasha Yar

Red uniform Geordi

Red uniform, short hair Worf

Black slime alien (I forget the name) that killed Yar

and my choices for wave 6:

- Riker / Troi

- Data / Geordi

- Ferengi / Romulan

variant: casual uniform Troi

and wave 7:

- Worf / Dr. Crusher

- TMP Kirk / TMP Sulu

- TWOK Spock / TWOK McCoy

variant: radiation burn Spock

The tar alien is called Armus

• 2 weeks later...

If they were to continue to release TOS figures in each wave, what would you like to see? Seems like there are still plenty of character variants & aliens left.

Piece of the Action Kirk and Spock

Mugato

Salt Vampire

Lt. Leslie

Specter of the Gun variants (guns and holsters, dead Chekov)

Thelev, Andorian assassin

Tellarites

Taureans

Romulans

Kirk as a Romulan

Amok Time Kirk & Spock

etc. etc.

Or are most folks on the boards fans of TNG and DS9 primarily?

If they were to continue to release TOS figures in each wave, what would you like to see? Seems like there are still plenty of character variants & aliens left.

Piece of the Action Kirk and Spock

Mugato

Salt Vampire

Lt. Leslie

Specter of the Gun variants (guns and holsters, dead Chekov)

Thelev, Andorian assassin

Tellarites

Taureans

Romulans

Kirk as a Romulan

Amok Time Kirk & Spock

etc. etc.

Or are most folks on the boards fans of TNG and DS9 primarily?

Don't get me wrong, TOS is geat, but series wise, It's gotta be TNG. For movies, TOS. TNG has one really good movie (First Contact) , but the rest range from pure crap (Generations) to OK (Nemesis)

TOS films, on the other hand, have good films (Star Trek 5), Great films (Star Trek 4) Amazing Films (Star Trek 6) And films that deserve tobe amongst the pantheon of film Gods (Of course, I'm referring to the legendry Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan. ALL HAIL KHAN!) Also you have the annoying films like Star Trek the Motion(less) Picture (where they haven't learned that a movie does not equal a very freaking long episode of a TV Show) and The Search for Spock (which had no point but to make Star Trek 4 possible. Star Trek without a Spockish character is not true Star Trek)

So there you go, TNG is the best series and TOS the best movies. Wow, that was quite the novel.