UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

star trek waves 4 and 5 revealed

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These look awesome, way better than I'd thought :)

I love these and mixing different shows is fun you never know who you're going to get :)

The only thing that seems a little off is Picards tunic top seems to have too much black, however I'm sure if it's right it's right and if it's not then it'll be fixed DST are way too Trek-Geek to let that sort of thing go!

T.

Pictures also at cooltoyreview.com.

Picard does look off, but that's another situation of a block body vs. the real thing. I think it'll be fine.

I absolutely LOVE what we're getting here. They look just awesome. The fact that the Sisko variant isn't just a head swap (but ALSO a hair piece) is freaking sweet. I love them all.

EDIT: Just saw the pics linked above at figures.com. I can't believe the detail they put under the Borg chest piece! Wow! Not so much into the bulky TOS movie uniforms, but I can deal. :-)

Holy crap! Picard does have rank pips!!!

I love that they've displayed the Borg with and without his chest piece. That's some mighty fine detail underneath.

I just hope that Ilia, Sisko, and Picard don't end up with the peg holes in their heads. I'm sure they won't. I guess I just wanted to point out an obvious flaw that'll most likely be fixed anyway.

They are doing an outstanding job with the Star Trek 'Mates. My only gripe is the sculpted coats on the Kirk and Scotty movie variants. I understand why they did it, so I'm not complaining too much. But still, would have preferred a painted torso with a little skirt piece...

Interesting adaptation of the collar rank pips on the Next Gen. I wonder if that's a loose ring, or something glued on? I sure hope those collars can be removed when they prove fretful.

They Borg looks great! It will be cool if the detailing underneath, the "battle damaged" Borg, makes it into production.

Hey all,

Really silly question but didn't the quiz on the DST MySpace page say that we would be getting a Dress Uniform Scotty however from all the pictures, I am only seeing the normal TWOK Scotty instead?

Take care,

Matty-lad

this is dress uniform scotty:

http://tf08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=1001

well, at least i think it is. :rolleyes:

thats engineering scotty from twok, all he needs is a dead cadet "he stayed at his post, while the other cadet's ran"

and here

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/wp...ir08/rocky3.jpg

you can just about see packaged shot of wave 3 under the rocky 3 minimates!

Hey all,

Really silly question but didn't the quiz on the DST MySpace page say that we would be getting a Dress Uniform Scotty however from all the pictures, I am only seeing the normal TWOK Scotty instead?

Take care,

Matty-lad

this is dress uniform scotty:

http://tf08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=1001

well, at least i think it is. :rolleyes:

thats engineering scotty from twok, all he needs is a dead cadet "he stayed at his post, while the other cadet's ran"

and here

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/wp...ir08/rocky3.jpg

you can just about see packaged shot of wave 3 under the rocky 3 minimates!

I'm just stoked to get a hard drinking aged Scotty & a hard-eating, even harder-lovin' and cheekily rotund Captain Kirk :D

Bring on the Stargate movie 'mates then i'd have James Spader as Daniel Jackson so i'd have a fighting chance of doing those Boston Legal 'mates I've always dreamed of lol!

Edit: Ohh Ohh A Kurt Russell as Jack O'Neill for a wee Snake Plissken and a Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O'Neill for a kick-ass wee Macgyver!!!

H'lo

Although I was a bit dissappointed that the Star Trek line expanded beyond TOS without a Romulan, Andorian or Salt Vampire... the announced waves are growing on me.

1. Great that we get the final regular TOS crew with Rand and Chapel.

2. The Borg looks fantastic.

3. In just two waves, we are given pretty much all the Trek captain's duty uniforms. So with a bit of bodyswapping, we have four Picards (TOS Movie from Tapestry, TNG Series 3-7, Generations and First Contact), four Siskos (TNG duty from Emissary, DS9 Series 1-5 and 6-7, and a TOS uniform from Trials & Tribble-ations), as well as a Decker body swap for Kirk.

4. I like the look of the chunky Wrath of Khan figures, after all they were getting a bit chunky.

5. and the Mirror, Mirror box set is just fabulous.

Bring them on...