UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars

I just read that too....no mention of mates but I am sure that they wouldnt give that away like that....and even if they are not on tap yet at least the foot is in the door....my heart literally jumped when I switched to their site and saw the big SW logo staring at me!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Wow... I really hope we see some SW 'mates!! I used to collect the Kenner/Hasbro SW figures and had EVERY figure, ship, and playset made right up until the Phantom Menace. The new trilogy killed my desire to collect them. I would definitely collect Original Trilogy minimates though!! :)

I'm probably the only one thinking this, but I think the Star Wars name has SO many other toys and figures and the like.....I'd much rather see other movie licenses that don't have as much exposure in the toy industry, like Indiana Jones.......I would much rather have those then Star Wars.

I will be so broke if they make Star Wars mates.

yeah if SW minimates came out i would go bank-rupt before I graduated :P

I'm probably the only one thinking this, but I think the Star Wars name has SO many other toys and figures and the like.....I'd much rather see other movie licenses that don't have as much exposure in the toy industry, like Indiana Jones.......I would much rather have those then Star Wars.

The thought did actually cross my mind too. That, plus humans are a LOT easier to pull off then, say, Rancors.

Personally, I know they said all six, but I'm hoping they they mainly stick to the OT.

Are you kidding me? Darth Vader would be the ultimate addition to my minimate collection!

I adore minimates, the only thing more important in my toy collecting and in my life is Star Wars. If you put these two together I would be the most happy person alive! Darth Vader, Admiral Ackbar, Chewie, and don't forget Boba Fett oh these and more in minimate form would just make for a happy happy Patrick.

What would amaze me about it is the credibility and diversity of MiniMates. The only time you've had so many properties under a single style was back in the Mego days. But if MiniMates could add Star Wars and Indy, then I think they'd have the big names of sci-fi/fantasy wrapped up.

As it is right now, you can make a superteam Dream Dozen of Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Frodo, Starbuck (old and new), Dr. Who, Wolverine, Batman, Witchblade, Ryu, and Morrigan. And that's not even all the sci-fi/fantasy properties and the non-sci-fi/fantasy movie/TV licenses.

With Star Trek, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings, you'd have the biggest nerd-core series ever. The very thought of being able to make just about any big fantasy pairing that I can dream of makes me drool. How would Jack Bauer and Batman team up to find Hannibal Lecter? What if Marty McFly met the actual Clint Eastwood? Can Han Solo beat Indiana Jones? Can Yoda train Rocky to be a Jedi? ("Mmmm, catch a chicken you must.")

This would be excellent news, if it were to happen, and allow me to completely and totally forget about the 3 3/4" line (which I have almost done anyway, save for a clone here or a droid there).

Yeah. Just wow. I can't even come up with which character I want first.

That's easy. GIVE ME VADER OR GIVE ME DEATH.

• 5 years later...

QUOTE (comedian @ Feb 17 2008, 04:30 PM)

This would be excellent news, if it were to happen, and allow me to completely and totally forget about the 3 3/4" line (which I have almost done anyway, save for a clone here or a droid there).

Yeah. Just wow. I can't even come up with which character I want first.

That's easy. GIVE ME VADER OR GIVE ME DEATH.

check out my youtube vid: custom starwars minimates: prepaint