UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who's ready for 19 AND 20 ?

Xybot

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great figure. I won't be getting mine for a few weeks. I just wish he had feathered wings. Ah well this is a beauty none the less!

If he had feathered wings, I think I would be extremely angry. Feathered wings should not be a variant. What needs to be done next is classic Angel from Lee's run of X-Men. Then let the part swapping begin.

i'd prefer the red version of this outfit, from the Dark Phoenix saga. that way he gives us another Angel costume, the feathered wings AND the shorter hair -- while fitting in more, costume-wise [no one else currently has the original-X-team black/yellow, but there are several in their Dark Phoenix Saga outfits -- Cyke, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolvie, duh Dark Phoenix].

Why does angel have 4 wings? Its driving me crazy.

Archangel actually has several sets of wings (image link)

for two important reasons. One; in the bible, the archangels are described as having multiple sets of wings that surround them to such an extent that you can't ever see their physical bodies. They're just layer after layer of wings. (the Archangel Gabriel has 140 pair!)

secondly; one of his new powers after getting the metal wings, was that their size and number is directly proportionate to his anger. the more freaked out and pissed he got... the larger and more numerous (and frequently out of control) his wings got. There was even a moment during the 90s crossover "the X-ecutioner's Song" where he accidentally beheaded a member of the Mutant Liberation Front (Kamikaze, i think) because he got too close while his wings took on a mind of their own.

Dumb question for those of you who have Ultron:

Does the mask come off? Is it on a translucent red head like it looks like? Several people have commented that it lacks the full range of motion. Is it glued to the chest piece?

Not sure if your question really got answered or not, Jatta Pake.

Ultron has a sculpted head, cast in translucent plastic then painted silver. The range of motion is somewhat diminished because his chin bumps into his torso. He actually has more range than most characters wearing capes or jackets.

So his head IS on a regular ball joint then?

Dumb question for those of you who have Ultron:

Does the mask come off? Is it on a translucent red head like it looks like? Several people have commented that it lacks the full range of motion. Is it glued to the chest piece?

Not sure if your question really got answered or not, Jatta Pake.

Ultron has a sculpted head, cast in translucent plastic then painted silver. The range of motion is somewhat diminished because his chin bumps into his torso. He actually has more range than most characters wearing capes or jackets.

So his head IS on a regular ball joint then?

yep i just popped mine off to make sure, regular ball joint!

hope that helps

moc847

The Amazing Fantasy Spidey is the best Spidey they've ever made.

The original one they first came out with WOULD be neat but the waistline is too high on his pants.

This one is perfect.

And a beautiful reflection of all the Steve Ditko stories that drew me further into the Spider-Man continuity as a child.

10/10 props to whoever designed this.

I would buy it over and over again if they re-packaged it with different classic Spidey villains.

It's the best and I can't stop raving about it.

THE END

Holy crap!! Ive been waiting for a hawkeye minimate for as long as i can remember.... and the glorious day has finally come!! and i like! i like a lot!! :biggrin: ok to be fair im sure they coulda made him a little less bulky... but ill live... I am super stoked on Archangel.. this was always my favourite costume of his and i LOVE that he comes with his "death" mask!! now the wings... the design is there.... but i had a little trouble getting the wings onto the pegs initially.... i dont know how much i dig them being curved.... im thinking for one of them im gonna lay the wings under a few text books (or hard cover trades :P ) for a few days and see if i can straighten them out.... see if that looks any better.... *shrug* we'll see B)

Yeah, I don't so much have a problem with the concept of variants themselves... I just hate that every series has the "1 variant/1 double" arrangement... give us 2 variants or don't give us 1 at all... Frankly I like DC's system better thus far, I'd rather have 2 new characters than one slightly different character and 1 double. I wouldn't even mind if they were still 1 per case, it's not the hunt that annoys me... I like the hunt... just stop forcing me to buy two of the same figure. :P

Maybe doing it 'the Marvel way' would've saved DC minimates....

Guys, this page has both the questions "Is the hair piece pegged" and "Are there C3 feet" on it...

1. EVERY modern minimate has C3 feet

2. All new hairpieces and all the recent reuses have pegs

EDIT: And don't mention the Ultimate Avengers 2 ones... :P

Guys, this page has both the questions "Is the hair piece pegged" and "Are there C3 feet" on it...

1. EVERY modern minimate has C3 feet

2. All new hairpieces and all the recent reuses have pegs

EDIT: And don't mention the Ultimate Avengers 2 ones... :P

X3 Juggernaut didn't have the holes in his feet. I will give you no grief on denying the Ultimate Avengers ones though. They came across more like digging through the barrels of old characters sitting in a warehouse somewhere. When they revisited the Darktide characters, they did upgrade to C3 feet across the board. I don't see why it would have been hard to do the same for Cap, IM, and Hulk. Once Civil War hits, we'll have had updates to all three, so I guess its a moot point now.

Anyway, my own take on some of these guys (since they showed up in the mail today):

* Apocalypse is awesome, though he could do without the arm tubes. They are removable (a la Doc Ock) and with some stretching you can actually pose him with the tubes on, but its a lot of work.

* Archangel is excellent. And the mask is NOT pegged, meaning you can display him without the dreaded hole in head syndrome.

* Ultron is a bit on the simplistic side, which isn't really a bad thing. I wish they had cast his torso in the same translucent red though, because you can see the neck peg in his mouth when you hold it up to the light.

* Ms. Marvel is good too. The leg detail stops at the knee though, which looks odd.

Haven't opened the rest, though I'll be making customs of the other Mysterios, including the resurrected Quintin Beck (though who knows what happened to him after One More Day).

cant belive im the first to do this but.....

this was just quickly done but ill clean up the mount and paint the wings and i think it looks sweet. -M

Did you cut out a chunk of Hawkmans chest piece and glue it on?

Nice job, I plan on doing something similar when I get my 19&20.

T.