UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who's ready for 19 AND 20 ?

Xybot

I happen to like Vision 2.0, I know I would rather have 2 different versions of a character(in this case almost a new character completely) than just a version of the standard release with some transparency. Like Dan said, you don't have to buy it if you don't like it, but there are others who are happy with it. I'm just hoping we get some more Young Avengers(Boxset anyone? :biggrin: )

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from my LCS.

Here are some detailed pics:

th_000_0389.jpg

th_000_0387.jpg

th_000_0386.jpg

th_000_0385.jpg

th_000_0384.jpg

th_000_0383.jpg

th_000_0382.jpg

th_000_0381.jpg

th_000_0379.jpg

th_000_0378.jpg

th_000_0377.jpg

th_000_0376.jpg

th_000_0375.jpg

(click thumbnails to enlarge)

Things to watch out for:

Hawkeyes arrow dosent fit into the bow

Smart hulk and Abomination are very poorly executed. I know they are trying to "bulk them up" and still stay within their height limit, butby making the figures look rediculus, its not worth it.

Apocolypse's arms hardly move at all with out taking the cables off.

Archangels wings dont snap in like hawkman or hawk girl.

Dont get me wrong, i love all of them!

Review:

First Appearance Spidey: He's not terribly executed, but just not a star. He would of been a favorite of mine if he would of had his web/wings. There really isnt much to explain. 6/10

Mysterio: What spidey lacks, mysterio makes up for. This guy is PERFECT. The detailing in this figure is amazing. The wrist "bracelets" have a patteren sculpted on the, and so does his cape. The ball head is perfect. All this greatness must be an "illusion" (pun intended). 10/10

Ms. Marvel: No new parts, but none are really needed. DST made a brand new (good looking) character out of reused parts. Theres noting wrong with that unless its Spidey or Wolverine. She's got some nifty detailing on her chest (lots of boobies are there, they are just hidden behind the lightning bolt) and leds. Her face is perfect too. She dosent score a ten because shes not outstanding 9/10

Ultron: An absolutely amazing figure! The detailing is excellent, and the energy hands are spot on. The head however, is the best part. Clear red plastic was inserted, so when put into the light, he gets a glowing eye and mouth effect. The only downside is that this takes away from the neck articulation. Still an excellent figure. 9.5/10

Death Archangel: My favorite figure of the set. The detailing is great! He comes with "exclusive" parts like his death mask and wings. They look amazing! Im not sure the purpose og the smaller wings are if you cannot connect the without the larger wings. The neck strap is a tad distracting, but it can easily be taken care of eith a little bit of customization. 10/10

Apocolypse: He is incredible. The sculpted peices and his head detailing are outstanding. The downside to him is that his arms cant really move. However, they snapout easily, and you can probally replace them with action figure twist ties. 10/10

Wait do those "tall feet" come with Hulk/Abom or is that a custom? If they come with, isn't that sort of a violation of the size rule for Marvel? Not that I'm complaining AT ALL. Personally I've been begging for a Smart Hulk and Abom for a long time... and while this isn't quite the Smart Hulk I was hoping for (wanted the black tank top, glasses and HUGE gun version) this still makes me cry with joy.

NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON THESE WAVES BY ME!

Quick request. Can Hawkman/Hawkgirl wings fit easily onto Angel?

Looking at the pictures, I don't think so. It looks like Angel's wings attached by being slipped onto a peg, while Hawkman's wings need a socket for their ball joint.

Boyd is correct. The wings have the sockets and the plate has the ball joints. Looks like we're gunna have to use our customizinig skills on this one guys.

hyejinx, those are official, hulk and abomination come with two sets of feet. The tall feet sorta work for A-Bomb, but hulk looks like a duck. Besides, they dont reeally make the figure that much taller.

000_0390.jpg

000_0391.jpg

000_0392.jpg

SWEET! archangel looks great I can not wait that is my favorite our fit. and it looks like they really pulled it off. and as a way to perpare my self for this wave i bought x-men legends II. although in retrospect that might not be a good idea because that is just goign to be put on the back burner for a while.

it does not look like it. from the picture is seems angels wings end with a female end while the hawks have male ends. while they are can NOT be interchanged you can attach the wings to each other. why would you want to do this I don't know but the option is open to you.

question: do hulk/abomination come with spare feet and shown in punisher's picts?

I'm all sorts of pissed off looking at all these pictures. Not because the figures suck, but because my LCS stiffed me on the order for a case of each, leaving me with no new Marvel minis this week. PLUS, I likely get to hunt the web for these, since the odds of them pulling a case of each out of their ass is nil.

Edit: And I've ordered both through Stuckakid. I'm still relatively pissed because I was looking forward to these, but now I have to wait that much longer.

Picked up Hawkeye/Vision and Ultron/Ms. Marvel on my lunch hour. It's killing me, not being able to open them yet!

I don't usually buy the X-Men sets, but I don't know that I can pass Archangel up. Shame about the wings, though. I hope that this isn't the case with the variant, so that a custom Angel is still possible.

Picked up Hawkeye/Vision and Ultron/Ms. Marvel on my lunch hour. It's killing me, not being able to open them yet!

I don't usually buy the X-Men sets, but I don't know that I can pass Archangel up. Shame about the wings, though. I hope that this isn't the case with the variant, so that a custom Angel is still possible.

I 100% guarantee it is the same! no way they would make 2 different designs for the variant. I will let you know tonight as i am going to pick up the variant sets as we speak,

moc847

I'm drowning in mates! I wish two series wouldn't come out the same day! :P oh well I can't complain much, these are awesome! The only thing I will say is that if they were going to go the extra mile to give us "over size feet" for Hulk and Abom they might as well have also given us slightly bigger hands, iot just looks kinda strange that they heave these big feet, tall bodies, and normal sized hands.

got them. oh man are they ever sweet! I did not have enough money to buy the whole line but I was able to get the variants, angel, marvel, and spiderman packs. I love that angel and apoc is cool so far my favorite out of the waves, I am still have to go back for the rest and am debating on the hulk pack. as I am not a hulk fan, and I have not been impressed with what i have seen and heard on the set i may pass it up.

They're absolutely fantastic and I haven't even opened all the sets yet.

I will be a bummer for a moment, though, before the Gleefest continues:

- Loki parts don't spot-on match with Vision. So close but not quite.

- Angel would be so sweet if he had feathery wings. Still, already thinking about ways to custom one of those.

- The paint apps on Spidey's arms aren't as bright as the rest of the red on him.

Still, overall it's justifiable winner time with these waves and getting all these characters that have been asked for all these years are a nice change. I could get used to this and hope that it'll continue. Lookit all those neat heroes and villains. The more you look at them the more you think "How great would it be to have _____ to go along with it" and so forth.

SO... they should keep releasing spiffy sets like these.

For any of you looking to make a "NON PHASING" Vision minimate all you need are some Loki arms, feet, legs and crotch piece along with a Vision 2.0 cape and Voila! A very nice quick custom I must say.

(click thumbnails)

th_vision.jpgth_vision2.jpg

For any of you looking to make a "NON PHASING" Vision minimate all you need are some Loki arms, feet, legs and crotch piece along with a Vision 2.0 cape and Voila! A very nice quick custom I must say.

(click thumbnails)

th_vision.jpgth_vision2.jpg

Beautiful pic. I gotta get an extra Loki now. Maybe I should buy that Thor variant....