UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who's ready for 19 AND 20 ?

Xybot

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are actually my first mates and now I have a condition I call Minimate Mania!

Oh, you poor soul. Well, you've certainly found the right place to hang out. Welcome to the home of MiniMate addicts!

2330042206_3ccc30053f.jpg

Is it just me or does Spidey look like he just passed alot of wind?

And enjoyed it throughly

These are actually my first mates and now I have a condition I call Minimate Mania!

Oh, you poor soul. Well, you've certainly found the right place to hang out. Welcome to the home of MiniMate addicts!

Haha, thanks for the welcome Cappy. I am glad I'm not alone in my addiction.

2330042206_3ccc30053f.jpg

Is it just me or does Spidey look like he just passed alot of wind?

And enjoyed it throughly

I was trying to go for a running/fleeing pose, but I can see what your saying now, hehe.

thoroughly.

• 1 month later...

Last night, I was organizing my Minimates, and decided to do something useful with my extra Hawkeye. Even though he is probably my favorite Marvel hero, the Minimate is lacking in a couple of respects, if I am to be honest. Mainly: 1) the eyes don't really fit in the wholes in the mask too well (the wholes are spaced too far apart for nearly any Minimate's eyes to look right there), and 2) the powerhouse chest piece makes him look way too bulky. Apart from a potential head swap, I can't do much about the first problem without messing up his mask (and I still haven't found a better head than the one he came with from my Minimate stash. . .). However, I decided that I could do something about his huge Hulk chest last night, so I used an exacto knife to slim him down a bit. Now, I think he looks much more athletic and maneuverable, and that he is more aesthetically pleasing, than his large torsoed counterpart. I still need to do a little trimming, and I might try to find a matching purple paint for touching him up at some point, but I thought that I would share him as he is now (I apologize about the darkness of these pics, but it is the best that my camera can do right now in this murky place. . .)

post-1827-1209050179_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1209050288_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1209050393_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1209050311_thumb.jpg

(I know that he looks weird from the side now with the straps sticking out. . .not sure if I want to glue them down to the chest or not)

post-1827-1209050361_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1209050417_thumb.jpg

(I apologize about the darkness of these pics, but it is the best that my camera can do right now in this murky place. . .)

Baton Rouge or your house? :lol: just kidding!

(I know that he looks weird from the side now with the straps sticking out. . .not sure if I want to glue them down to the chest or not)

I would think it would look cool glued down after you get the chest detail on there to give it a bit of depth. Really cool idea!

I would think it would look cool glued down after you get the chest detail on there to give it a bit of depth. Really cool idea!

Y'know, I haven't decided if I'm going to do black detailing on the chest or not. There is the chance that I might make him look worse if I try to do it by hand. I really, really need to get a program that will allow me to create some decal print-outs like I have seen others do here. I've got several ideas for improving on or making custom Minis this way, and doing a simple chest outline that way would be great for improving this and some other customs of mine.

Baton Rouge or your house? :lol: just kidding!

Now that you mention it, it is very nice out today. I might have to get the laptop out and do my work out there for a while.

Edited by karamazov80

Y'know, I haven't decided if I'm going to do black detailing on the chest or not. There is the chance that I might make him look worse if I try to do it by hand. I really, really need to get a program that will allow me to create some decal print-outs like I have seen others do here. I've got several ideas for improving on or making custom Minis this way, and doing a simple chest outline that way would be great for improving this and some other customs of mine.

Did you see Winkerbeans Customs page? It has a template that has chest details on it. If not check out page three. Apparently you just have to print them out on decal paper or clear mailing label sheets and you are all set. You wouldn't need any special program for it since it's going to be black detail on a clear sticker going on a solid color.

Did you see Winkerbeans Customs page? It has a template that has chest details on it. If not check out page three. Apparently you just have to print them out on decal paper or clear mailing label sheets and you are all set. You wouldn't need any special program for it since it's going to be black detail on a clear sticker going on a solid color.

Yeah, that would probably work. I will try to buy some decal paper and test it sometime with my printer. I still need to make some of my own, though.