UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who's ready for 19 AND 20 ?

Xybot

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Havok's Torso reversable? Or is that just his costume? 'Cuz it looks like one side is him using his power and the other is just the regular costume.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I'll admit I know very little about the character or his costume variations.

Is Havok's Torso reversable? Or is that just his costume? 'Cuz it looks like one side is him using his power and the other is just the regular costume.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I'll admit I know very little about the character or his costume variations.

yeah, thats it exactly. here's his costume

IMG_3878.jpg

and this is when he's using his power

IMG_3879.jpg

cant belive im the first to do this but.....

angel2.jpg

angel3.jpg

angel4.jpg

angel5.jpg

this was just quickly done but ill clean up the mount and paint the wings and i think it looks sweet. -M

Nice work Matt! This is exactly what I did to mine, except I'm using the head that came with Thor (now using Aquaman's) and Booster Golds helm/hair (with the glasses cut-out). I wish that this wasn't the variant, as I'd love to do a "red/white" version too! B)

Please could anyone with Mysterio answer a question for me. Is it possible to use a normal Minimate head with his cloak, or will it require significant modification. Thanks!

Nothing too significant, just a tiny bit of trimming around the inside neckline of the cloak or "round" the bottom of the head. -M

M1.jpg

M2.jpg

Great work on that variant angel!!! I too thought about doing that but I strongly beleive that we will get him in his red costume complete with regular wings sometime down the road. I have got to say that he is definately my favorite variant thus far. I was suprised I liked him more than Vision 2.0 as I'm a huge Young Avengers fan.

On another note, I do want to make a Bobby Drake out of the variant like the one seen in the X-Men Classics line! Anyone wanna make me an X symbol for his chest? lol

*** Grrr I just noticed Bobby's costume is reversed color wise! What a bummer! I thought a simple chest symbol change with Hydroman's hair would work.

Bobby Drake pic!

On another note, I do want to make a Bobby Drake out of the variant like the one seen in the X-Men Classics line! Anyone wanna make me an X symbol for his chest? lol

*** Grrr I just noticed Bobby's costume is reversed color wise! What a bummer! I thought a simple chest symbol change with Hydroman's hair would work.

Bobby Drake pic!

You know what? I'd do it anyways. That's the great thing about customs (even QCs) is that they're yours. So I say go for it.

I decided to go a different route with giving Angel wings, though I used the same Hawkman minimate wings as Mattalica.

Instead of adding to the figure, I instead cut the ball-joints off the Hawkman wings and used a 1/16th drill bit to punch a hole through them and fit them on the included ball-jointed back that the Angel figure comes with. All that gluing cutting/gluing makes me nervous since I like to play around with mine so I thought I'd try something different.

Now if I could only figure out a way to fix Hawkman/Hawkgirl as good!

Here's a link to the blurry-ish picture. I think you can see the point, though.

http://astate.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3...amp;id=70302941

I was playing with my variant Archangel and looking at the images of others modifying theirs with Hawkman wings and then I remembered that Angel was part of the concept poster of many years ago. Here's the link from the Marvel Minimates: The Definitive List thread

Minimates Concept Art Poster

I think Hawkman's wings were intended for Angel to begin with! On a side note, I can't believe we almost have all the minimates in that poster!

On a side note, I can't believe we almost have all the minimates in that poster!

Who's the orange/gray dude in the upper left? Besides him, Gambit, Psylocke, perhaps that particular version/style of Wolvy, and Ult Colossus from the other poster, every picture of every minimate ever made has been released (or at least produced in some form or another. Kellogg even made it to prototype stages.)

On a side note, I can't believe we almost have all the minimates in that poster!

Who's the orange/gray dude in the upper left? Besides him, Gambit, Psylocke, perhaps that particular version/style of Wolvy, and Ult Colossus from the other poster, every picture of every minimate ever made has been released (or at least produced in some form or another. Kellogg even made it to prototype stages.)

I'm thinking you mean upper right not upper left. The orange and grey mate next to angel is toad

I would havard a guess that the Wolvy on the poser has been represented by the Giant Sized/Target classic Wolverine releases.....some of the details might be different but then again these were early design pictures on the poster.

Jeff of the Miniacs

I was playing with my variant Archangel and looking at the images of others modifying theirs with Hawkman wings and then I remembered that Angel was part of the concept poster of many years ago. Here's the link from the Marvel Minimates: The Definitive List thread

Minimates Concept Art Poster

I think Hawkman's wings were intended for Angel to begin with! On a side note, I can't believe we almost have all the minimates in that poster!

that looks good too Mysteryman, i had thought about drilling out the hawkman wings as well, as the ball joints are pretty flimsy but i wanted to eliminate the backpack mount thing from angel as i didnt care for the look of it and the way it reduces the neck movement.

Well, I just got my wave 19 and 20 figures a few days ago, so I'm a little behind, but I wanted to do an Angel custom from the first moment that I saw pics of the Archangel variant. So, I'm working on that. However, I'm going a slightly different route than others here. I didn't want to drill any holes in the Hawkman wings, and I didn't want to glue anything to Angel's back. Well, after pulling the small wing piece from the larger one, I noticed the small holes, and realized that the Hawkman wings fit into those pretty well. So, this is what I've done:

P1010241.jpg

P1010242.jpg

P1010239.jpg

P1010240.jpg

P1010238.jpg

Now, there are three drawbacks to this method: 1) his wings stick out further than they do with other methods (though I might be able to shave those down a bit. . .); 2) related to #1, he is very back-heavy now, so he has to lean against something, or has to be stuck to the ground somehow; and 3) you have to cut Archangel's wings to do this. However, again, no drilling, no gluing (though I did have to use some finger nail polish on the joints to keep Aquaman's head and one of the wings from being loose). Next up, painting the wings and obtaining an extra Booster gold helmet so that I can follow cdubya's suggestion for doing the weird half-mask that Angel has (though I actually like the look in my pics a lot. . .).

I'm also realizing that we now have figures for all the original X-Men, in a manner of speaking:

P1010245.jpg

I got the Angel Variant this morning. Boy is it a beauty. 10/10. Best figure made to date! The Hawkeye and Vision are pretty sweet too, but I haven't opened them properly yet, as I'd like to take this opportunity to admire the beauty of Archangel!