UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who's ready for 19 AND 20 ?

Xybot

Here are some semi-quick fixes to angel and apocalypse.

th_000_0403.jpg

th_000_0402.jpg

th_000_0401.jpg

th_000_0399.jpg

th_000_0398.jpg

th_000_0397.jpg

th_000_0396.jpg

For angel, i drilled 4 measured holes into his back. The wings pop right in. I also cut the neck piece off.

For apocalypse, i took the cables out, and drilled holes slightly smaller that an action figure twist tie. The twist ties fit in very tight, and he has all of his arm articulation back.

Overall, this took about ten minutes for both.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, this is slightly off-topic, but not completely off-topic, but I didn't want to start a brand new thread about it, but anyway, I'd like to ask, has anyone ever ordered from Cornerstorecomics.com?

See, reason I ask is, usually I track down all my minimates myself the morning of release, because my local comic book stores usually get them on time with variants available. But with 19 & 20 I was thrown for a loop when the west coast shipments (where I live) actually came in the same time as the east coast shipments. I lost my week of cushion time and was caught with my pants down, so to speak.

As such, I obviously wasn't expecting my comic book store to get them today, and I didn't find out they -did- get them until it was too late to buy the variants, so rather than buy the normal sets and try to track down the variants later, I thought, since I still need to order a Zombie Iron Man/Black Panther set anyway, I figured I could just do that, and at the same time order the complete sets of 19 & 20 online... and wait a tad longer. Because lots of places are still offering full sets with variants for order, as well as the zombie pack I need.

Now I was going to buy the sets of 19 & 20 at ShopAFX.com, whom I've ordered from many times in the past, and know I'll get what I pay for from... but frankly i've never been happy with their shipping rates... and since Cornerstorecomics.com not only offered both sets for a cheaper price, but their shipping rates were less as well, I decided to go with them this time instead.

BUT, because I've never ordered from cornerstorecomics, I'm just a touch worried... not for any particular reason... just new vendor jitters I guess... never bought from them... don't know what to expect.

So I figured I'd ask if anyone else has experience with Corner Store, and if I made a wise decision or not? What is the likelihood I will get my series 19 & 20 sets in a -relatively- timely matter? Are they slow/fast? If there's a problem, will they help?

Any input ya'll could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Gillbob, I ordered my waves 19 & 20 from CSC, and I actually spoke to them yesterday, and they told me they were going to start shipping preorders out today. This is my first experience with them, so I don't know how long it will take for me to get them, and I'm on the East Coast, so it will take a bit longer anyway. But every time I talk to them they are very helpful. I actually ordered a DCD 2 pack of WW & Ares over the phone, and they packed it with my preorder at no extra shipping cost, just the 7.99 for the mates. So far so good in my opinion.

BS

Hey, this is slightly off-topic, but not completely off-topic, but I didn't want to start a brand new thread about it, but anyway, I'd like to ask, has anyone ever ordered from Cornerstorecomics.com?

See, reason I ask is, usually I track down all my minimates myself the morning of release, because my local comic book stores usually get them on time with variants available. But with 19 & 20 I was thrown for a loop when the west coast shipments (where I live) actually came in the same time as the east coast shipments. I lost my week of cushion time and was caught with my pants down, so to speak.

As such, I obviously wasn't expecting my comic book store to get them today, and I didn't find out they -did- get them until it was too late to buy the variants, so rather than buy the normal sets and try to track down the variants later, I thought, since I still need to order a Zombie Iron Man/Black Panther set anyway, I figured I could just do that, and at the same time order the complete sets of 19 & 20 online... and wait a tad longer. Because lots of places are still offering full sets with variants for order, as well as the zombie pack I need.

Now I was going to buy the sets of 19 & 20 at ShopAFX.com, whom I've ordered from many times in the past, and know I'll get what I pay for from... but frankly i've never been happy with their shipping rates... and since Cornerstorecomics.com not only offered both sets for a cheaper price, but their shipping rates were less as well, I decided to go with them this time instead.

BUT, because I've never ordered from cornerstorecomics, I'm just a touch worried... not for any particular reason... just new vendor jitters I guess... never bought from them... don't know what to expect.

So I figured I'd ask if anyone else has experience with Corner Store, and if I made a wise decision or not? What is the likelihood I will get my series 19 & 20 sets in a -relatively- timely matter? Are they slow/fast? If there's a problem, will they help?

Any input ya'll could give me would be greatly appreciated.

They are perfect sellers, and are 100% reliable as far as shipping and prices. I do alot of business with them. Never once had a problem. And, no, I do not work for the company.

WW4M

God, no more Spider-Mans, please!!

Loving the lightpiping on Ultron!

The Phasing Vision should be the variant, not that crappy "2.0"...

Man, is this Wednesday gonna be nice for me, DC and Marvel!! :D

Totally agree on all parts. However, Chuck can have all the f'ing Spideys he wants as long as they release a new Villan with each. I just find it absurd that after all these damn Spideys and allies, we still haven't completed his "core" rogue's gallery (Electro,Kraven, Vulture, Shocker, etc.).

Me too, but he does seem a tad small. I may try to "beef" him up with some Cylon parts or something.

Yes. I'm a little let-down that the only version of the "classic", quintessential Vision we have is perpetually "phasing", at least I can pass on the variant. I've thought of switching the limbs with Loki or some other parts, but I'm not sure if the color will match (he seems a bit too "lime"). That, and the pelvis seems slightly translucent too. Oh well, all can be fixed, I just hate to "have to". I'm more pissed that Angel is the variant as I don't so much care for Archangel (though he makes more sense paired with Apocolypse. Angel should be paired with a "classic 616" Beast IMO.) and I wanted an extra for a custom red/white (Champions) version.

I pre-ordered from CSC. I've done a fair bit of business with them and am always satisfied.

I also wandered into my LCS today to pick up a Mysterio because I could not wait. He's going to be fighting Spidey on my desk tomorrow. He's just awesome. And the variant Angel pack was there so I grabbed it as well.

preordered mine from corner store comics,glad to find out thier good can't wait to get them :D Update:they shipped!!! yay!

General thoughts: LOVE the light piping in Ultron. But he doesn't have a neck joint? WTF? Mysterio's head appears to me to be a reuse. It looks to me like the ECCC prototype head. AreJay, care to comment? Hulk and Abom, wow. DST really needs to think long and hard before sculpting pieces. They already have a powerhouse chest mold, which is PERFECT 98% of the time. They tried a new chest on zombie Wolvy and Hulk. It failed. Why they're trying it again, I have no idea. But it looks BAd on the Hulk and HORRIBLE on Abom. The sculpted head also looks bad on Hulk. The bigger feet are a brilliant idea, a way to appease people who want taller Marvel Minimates. I'm not sure they work here, But "A" for effort. Apocalypse... he's that 2% I was talking about. He looks PERFECT! I wish his hoses were rubber, but as it's all one piece, I understand why they're not. DST, this guy is great, don't change a thing! He's a great example of how to pull off a large character in 2" scale. Angle also looks simply awesome. I love him.

My $0.02 worth.

Bought the majority of these yesterday. I got both variants + all regulars except the Archangel and Vision 2-packs. Really impressed with the majority of these. Now I can't want for wave 23. I'll be skipping waves 21 and 22 since I don't care for movie figures.

I picked up 2 sets last night with the variants. I really really like them

Ultron

I was surprised that they didnt have ultron with a slip over mask on a translucent red head....to keep the full range of motion, but over all it doesn't take away from the figure. In fact probably one of my most favorite minimates to date (right behind original cap).

Other than that good simple design, great slip over energy blasts. really like it!

Ms Marvel

Good, clean, simple. I will be changing her hair for Six's hair from BSG. But overall great addition ot the Avengers

AF Spiderman

Good translation, but yet another spidey...how many are left they can do? (six arm, cosmic power, bag over head fantastic 4)....

Mysterio

LOVE this minimate. Great great great...go get it today.

Apocalypse

Great Minimate, nice villian, good size, good translation...love it

Angel /Archangel

The wings are enormous and awesome! both figures look great. No easy feather wing swap, without some drilling but over all these look very very good. I never cared for the character as a kid, but these really add to my x men!

Hawkeye

love it! great detail, good sculpting. the bow and arrow I wish were one piece but still it is great and a very welcome addition to Avengers Mansion

Vision / Vision 2.0

God do I love these figures, I do not care if the Vision is phasing...he still rocks the house. I have seen some quick body swaps and his solid looks great too. I think I will leave mine as is. I like the phasing look. 2.0 it is a good translation and i like the fact the variant is a NEW character. so it can stand shoulder to shoulder with Vision and still be a new character

Prof Hulk

I like it. I know I am the minority, but I do not think the chest piece is that bad. Wasn't a fan of the bigger feet, but overall a good solid minimate. For my favorite phase of the hulk history.

Abomination

The duck feet WORK! I like this powerhouse ugly as sin villian. No complaints on this one

Havok

Never my favorite character, but a nice simple minimate to join the x men ranks

Polaris

I smell a poison ivy custom. Over all a good mate, new sculpted hair, good translation to a b list character. welcome to the fold

go get em if you can! totally worth it!!!

I'm siked that these actually came out on the east coast too, I'll have to go to my LCS and get them tomorrow, I absolutely love wave 19, wave 20 is cool too, but 19 is far superior in my opinion

Can't wait for these. My credit card could though ;)

I think if we all shut up for a second I think we'll hear all our wallets screaming in agony.

I think ;)

Vig

I just ordered both sets from BBTS. They still have sets with the variants in stock if anybody still needs 'em.

Thanks for the heads-up GM. I was debating whether or not to get these waves as well but the collector in me won over the accountant in me.