UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pre-Toy Fair Minimate Puzzle

Hurray for me! I had Picard and Worf, too, initially. When I saw JMWII didn't get it with that, I was thinking, "What the heck is wrong?!?" I'd almost given up after searching for different "guls" when the BORG attacked my mind! The next step was trying to actually POST the comment. I had to register with MySpace...but wait! I'd already registered about a year and a half ago (I'd realized that after they said my email address was already in use...). SO, I had them send me my password, copied JMWII's answer so I wouldn't have to type it all over again, changed Worf to Borg, and voila! Well, actually I kept checking back to see if I was right, and MySpace did eventually DELETE my post, but the good folks at DST had seen my post and I won!

Thanks for the contest, DST!

Jawfin

Yeah, I was thinking this was just a STTNG lineup at the start. So I was thinking, "okay, Picard and Worf, there must be Data and Dr. Crusher somewhere..." But Dr. Crusher and Polaski didn't fit. In the second section, I had initially thought Captain Picard, but couldn't find anyone beginning with "I" and only four letters in the TNG universe. "Admiral" also took a while to come up with. But when I saw a picture of the STTMP Admiral Kirk, I thought, "Decker?" Then Ilia made sense. Once I got "engineering" then "sick bay" wasn't far behind.

I wonder which "Admiral Kirk" it's going to be? DST has all the uniforms from four motion pictures to choose from. And Scotty, as well. We might have a white longsleeve with black vest Scotty for engineering, and the red uniform for dress. OR they might make the dress version of TOS and the STTMP for the engineering version. So many choices and variations!!!

An incredible line-up with many many many customizing options! Picard and Borg just scream Locutus!

Jawfin

Interesting choice to blend multiple series in a single wave. It's a nice way to give the TOS crowd all of the fan-fave characters they want, while keeping TNG and DS9 fans interested enough to stick with the line.

I'll be curious to see if future waves will be mixed, or phase out TOS and move to full TNG/DS9/Voyager waves? On the other hand, will some TOS characters always be necessary to net the core Trekkie base?

Interesting choice to blend multiple series in a single wave. It's a nice way to give the TOS crowd all of the fan-fav characters they want, while keeping TNG and DS9 fans interested enough to stick with the line. I wonder if future waves be mixed, or phase out TOS and move to full TNG/DS9/Voyager waves?

good lord...more Kirks... :(

I am very happy to see a borg and a cardasian though.

I just wish they would tap into more of the alien species. We are at what wave 4. No Klingon, No Romulan...shame!

p.s. How cool is it we will have a minimate seventh heaven pastor!!!!

good lord...more Kirks... :(

I am very happy to see a borg and a cardasian though.

I just wish they would tap into more of the alien species. We are at what wave 4. No Klingon, No Romulan...shame!

I think the wave 3 pics had an old-school Klingon included (unless I'm mistaken). I agree about the Kirks, though. Now I could see myself spending some money on TJ Hooker, "get a life" comic convention Shatner, and older musician/commercial spokesman Shatner.

Awesome awesome awesome. I couldn't be more thrilled with how this is shaping up.

I like the idea of mixing the waves. It's like going to the buffet where you get a taste of everything.

I also love the chase of Sisko. Distinct enough change while still being significant, but not totally necessary for non-chasers.

All in all, I'm super-excited for this lineup. Except for "Bread & Circuses," every Kirk variation has made sense.

Firstly, I cursed at you, Matt, for your dastardly hints and puzzles.

However, enough time has passed that others have done some figuring for me. So now I've forgiven you and am simply all wiggly over the news. Can't wait, can't wait!

Interesting choice to blend multiple series in a single wave. It's a nice way to give the TOS crowd all of the fan-fave characters they want, while keeping TNG and DS9 fans interested enough to stick with the line.

I'll be curious to see if future waves will be mixed, or phase out TOS and move to full TNG/DS9/Voyager waves? On the other hand, will some TOS characters always be necessary to net the core Trekkie base?

NO! There is much more to Trekkers than TOS. I believe it is the best, but with collectables, there is only so many Kirks people can buy before getting way too fed up with him. It's time to move on. Give us Romulans and Klingons with TNG and stop with the damned Kirks already!

I really don't like this lineup. It is too spaced out to make for a good wave. They need some cohesion and at least some organization. It just doesn't make sense to have a wave of TOS, TOS, TOS, Picard to me. Put Picard with TNG where he belongs. Wait... Is this supposed to be Generations plus Borg?

BTW: Will admiral Kirk get Kingpin's fatsuit?

NO! There is much more to Trekkers than TOS. I believe it is the best, but with collectables, there is only so many Kirks people can buy before getting way too fed up with him. It's time to move on. Give us Romulans and Klingons with TNG and stop with the damned Kirks already!

I really don't like this lineup. It is too spaced out to make for a good wave. They need some cohesion and at least some organization. It just doesn't make sense to have a wave of TOS, TOS, TOS, Picard to me. Put Picard with TNG where he belongs. Wait... Is this supposed to be Generations plus Borg?

Kirk will always outsell Dr Crusher, though. There's a balance to be found.

At least these Kirks are decent variations. Not like scratched-face-evil-twin Kirk.

It will be very interesting to see how the mixed-up sales plan works. I think I like it. I know I'm pretty excited to see the variety of names there. Or, more importantly, the variety of Star Trek lines.

Can some one clarify the difference between a Capt Sisko and a Commander Sisko for me? Will they be actual uniform variations or just different pips on the collar?

Decker and Ilia? Wow, that one totally throws me, not that I'm not jazzed about them. Could any of the other listed characters be from the Motionless Picture? Only if Kirk was an admiral in that film, I guess.

And Engineering Scotty certainly has me going "hmmm." That sounds like a Scotty from the movies, which means his variant is really quite a variant.

Come on, Toy Fair, come on!

Kirk will always outsell Dr Crusher, though. There's a balance to be found.

I wasn't talking about Crusher. Even I hate Crusher! I was actually talking about Data and Geordi.

Decker and Ilia? Wow, that one totally throws me, not that I'm not jazzed about them. Could any of the other listed characters be from the Motionless Picture? Only if Kirk was an admiral in that film, I guess.

It was Admiral Kirk in the Motionless Picture.

Speaking of said work of cinematic uh... tastelessness, that one took me DAYS to get through when I first got into Trek. DAYS!

Can some one clarify the difference between a Capt Sisko and a Commander Sisko for me? Will they be actual uniform variations or just different pips on the collar?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Sisko made Captain, wasn't that when he started shaving his head and grew the goatee?

As for the rest of the line-up, very impressive. I'm thrilled we're getting Rand & Chapel, and excited to be getting characters from TNG and DS9. Would love to get some more aliens, though...