UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC minimate wave 7 detailed pics

MINI_MYTE

Here are some pics of the newest DC minimates wave 7. Dig the new boot sculpt on the Flash. Looks great! Grodd comes with a skull he can hold and even wear. What's the story behind that? Anywho... enjoy!

(Click thumbnails for larger pics)

Pack Back

th_packback.jpg

Nightwing & Starfire

th_NWSFpack.jpg

th_Nightwingfront.jpgth_Nightwingback.jpg

th_starfirefront.jpgth_Starfireback.jpg

Lobo & Ambush Bug

th_LBABpack.jpg

th_Lobofront.jpgth_Loboback.jpg

th_Ambushbugfront.jpgth_Ambushbugback.jpg

Classic Batman & Clayface

th_BMCFpack.jpg

th_ClassicBatmanfront.jpgth_ClassicBatmanback.jpg

th_Clayfacefront.jpgth_Clayfaceback.jpgth_Clayfacepieces.jpg

The Flash & Gorilla Grodd

th_FLGGpack.jpg

th_Flashfront.jpgth_Flashback.jpg

th_Groddfront.jpgth_Groddback.jpg

th_Groddfront2.jpgth_Groddfront3.jpg

th_FlashvsGrodd1.jpgth_FlashvsGrodd2.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics Minimyte! I can't wait for the postman to deliver mine!

As far as the skull, I think Timbo mentioned it in the other thread - Grodd is almost always shown with a skull by DC Direct. The DCD 6" fig (or 7" whatever) has a skull, the heroclix piece shows him holding a skull and now the minimate comes with a skull as well. I've never seen/heard an official explaination.

My one beef with the Batman mates is still present. The spikes on his gauntlets are at the wrong spot still. They should be at the bottom of the hand - not on the side.

http://www.molehillgroup.com/batman-adams.jpg

http://www.dynamicforces.com/images/batman...aladams-hc2.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/allstarbatman/Batman.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/tbon...t/bm232_p18.jpg

http://www.comicboards.com/gsmb/attachment...Jim%20Aparo.jpg

Sorry. Just one of my geek hot buttons. :D

I just picked up my set too. Grodd and Clayface are both 2.5"

I don't know the story behind Grodd's skull either. I was surprised at the red hair that came with Flash. I thought this was Barry Allen, but I guess it's Wally (Barry Allen had blonde hair, right?)

I was pretty surprised with Lobo too. I haven't opened him yet, but the detail is really nice. The chain is either chrome or real metal. Very nice.

cool thanks... clears up a couple of questions I had.

BTW it's hard to tell is grodd a 2" mate?

T.

Nope! He's a 2.5 incher!

I just picked up my set too. Grodd and Clayface are both 2.5"

I don't know the story behind Grodd's skull either. I was surprised at the red hair that came with Flash. I thought this was Barry Allen, but I guess it's Wally (Barry Allen had blonde hair, right?)

I was pretty surprised with Lobo too. I haven't opened him yet, but the detail is really nice. The chain is either chrome or real metal. Very nice.

Yup! Lobo's chain is metal except for his hook (which is plastic).

Might be able to get Barry by swapping in USAgent's head.

That would make for a mean, gruff-looking Barry Allen. I think that the Bruce Wayne's head (from this series) with Jack Bauer's hair actually makes for a pretty good Barry Allen (though the mask has some difficulty getting on there). I had actually assumed that this would be Wally because of the smiling face.

One little thing that I really like about these figures (having just opened them up) is that Bruce Wayne's hair-piece, with just minor changes, is about 100% better than the version that came with the Batman from wave 1. Now, it really looks like Bruce Wayne when the mask is off to me. And with the mask on, I think that this Batman has already become one of my top 5 or 10 Minimates. This, to me, is the iconic Batman.

I also really like the treads on Wally's shoes.

I got to my comic shop at 5 on the dot, and they were already sold out. Luckily there are a few more places in town I can check tomorrow.

Man, that sucks. I'm actually surprised that my comic shop gets so many (they must have had 3 cases of DC Minimates last night when I got there, and that was right before they closed), because it sometimes seems like I'm the only person in town who buys their Minimates.

Man, this wave sucks. They systematically remaking C3 figures and voiding the originals out, there's TWO 2.5"ers in this wave, Starfire looks awful, Ambush Bug is a blank.

So we've got one good character out of this wave. Lobo. Like there was ever any doubt he'd be good. The rest just get a super duper el-PASS-o from me. <_<

And the first person to use Lobo's quote against me gets a brick to the head.

Man, this wave sucks. They systematically remaking C3 figures and voiding the originals out, there's TWO 2.5"ers in this wave, Starfire looks awful, Ambush Bug is a blank.

So we've got one good character out of this wave. Lobo. Like there was ever any doubt he'd be good. The rest just get a super duper el-PASS-o from me. <_<

And the first person to use Lobo's quote against me gets a brick to the head.

Bite me Fanboy.

"When is DCD going to re-do the C3 characters so all of us who missed the boat can get Flash, Nightwing and Martian Manhunter?!?"

"Why is DCD wasting our time with retreads of C3 characters that clearly nobody needs?!?"

"How come DCD hasn't made my solid gold toilet yet?!?"

;)

I got the wave last night and I think it's almost near perfect.

My mini review

Gorilla Grodd: I am loving the two 1/2 inch mates and I think grodd ranks up there as one of the best. I love the design of him and love skull. 9/10

The Flash: He is the minimate I have been waiting for. Flash is my favorite hero of all time and I am in awe at him. I think he's perfect. This may be a little biased but... 10/10

Nightwing: Another fantastic mate, I think he paint colors are perfect, perfect design. 9/10

Starfire: Probably my least fav in the wave, but still a great mate 7/10

Lobo: I think lobo is fantastic. I love the accessory of his chain and his design is amazing... 9/10

Ambush Bug: I pretty excited that ambush bug is in this wave, a little plain but still cool 7/10

Classic Batman: I love this batman! He's fantastic. I love the paint colors and the design they chose for him, but I do wish all of the bat family (batman and batgirl excluding nightwing) should come with a batarang, robin did so no complaints there... 9/10

Clayface: My favorite 2.5 mate yet. He's amazing and clayface has always been a favorite batman villian of mine. 9.5/10

Overwall wave rating 8.6 out of 10

Fantastic Wave! Great job DCD!