UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

going for surgery tomorrow :(

minijeff

So tomorrow morning bright and early I am off to the hospital for surgery. Its a quick snip procedure as Minimom and I feel that 5 children is a good number :) Not looking forward to it but seeing how its wednesday I might be able to snag a few new minimates for recovery gifts on the way home ;)

Jeff of the Miniacs

Good luck man, I'm sure everything will be fine. Let us know if anything goes wrong.

... Actually, DON'T let us know if anything goes wrong! :pinch:

Good luck mate. (Been there, done that.) The surgery itself isn't the tough part - the local anestetic takes care of any pain. It really feels strange when they're pulling bits out to snip. If you've ever sewn a button onto a thick canvas or wool coat - the feeling of pulling the thread thru the material is kind of how I'd describe the 'procedure' - only you aren't the one doing the pulling.

As to recovery, a bag of frozen corn or frozen peas works wonders. Buy a couple and rotate 'em. Wear some snug drawers for a week or two and you'll be good. I experienced varying degrees of pain for about a month - month & a half afterward - mostly when sitting down or standing up.

Need any tips, lmk. (That sounds really weird, doesn't it? :D)

Thanks guys! so its all done and I am back home again....Reideen pretty much sumed up teh experience nicely...I am a little sore now but am taking it easy and enjoying my Flash/Grodd set and some comics before getting out the homework lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

I was back at work in two days of course I also hit a con in that time. I 100% agree with the tight undies and I have to say the best way to celabrate is one of those fine pain killers they should have given you and 2 maybe 3 beers depending on your weight and tolerence.

It's really not that bad. The worst part is it feels like you got tapped in the sack for a few days. It's well worth it though...

Actually, that's not true HSD. The worse pain is getting it reversed and your balls looking like Tony Soprano and his crew took a bat to your balls :lol: Seriously, glad to hear you are doing well Jeff and sorry for the late well wishes. Work has me swamped at the moment and I have little time to collect, let alone post these days :confused:

Are you sure that five's enough Jeff? Now you'll never have your alternate on you basketball team...

Best wishes all around to you and the Mrs. Hope you heal up fast.