UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Favorite Disney Film in Walt's era

Trekker 42

Disney's Disney Films  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is Walt Disney's best animated film made during his lifetime?

• Fantasia
    • Song of the South
    • Sleeping Beauty
    • Jungle Book (Technically died during making)
    • Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
    • The Sword in the Stone
    • 101 Dalmatians
    • Lady and the Tramp
    • Peter Pan
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
    • Cinderella
    • Pinocchio
    • Dumbo
    • Bambi
    • Saludos Amigos
    • Other (Please Post vote)

Walt Disney had a profound impact on films and the film industry. That has nothing to do with this. I have listed pretty much all of the animated features (and Song of the South) that was ever made. I just want to know your favorite.

Though I wouldn't say that its his "best" film, my favorite is Peter Pan. I watched the heck out of that and Robin Hood (and the Shaggy Dog :) )on the Betamax growing up.

On a side note, I bet a lot of younger people here don't even know what "Song of the South" was, for better or worse.

What's your favorite, Trekker?

Though I wouldn't say that its his "best" film, my favorite is Peter Pan. I watched the heck out of that and Robin Hood (and the Shaggy Dog :) )on the Betamax growing up.

On a side note, I bet a lot of younger people here don't even know what "Song of the South" was, for better or worse.

What's your favorite, Trekker?

Sleeping Beauty by far.

Also I think it's a tragedy that nobody knows about Song of the South. I I made a second favorite, It would be Song of the South. Definately

if any one film i enjoyed again and again, it was robin hood

Which Robin Hood? The live action or the animated one? The Live action was in Disney's time, but the animated one was the first made after Walt died. If it was in Walt's lifetime, I would have most certainly included it.

Cinderalla almost got my vote (due to the shower scene :) ), and Sleeping Beauty was way up there (due to the beautiful and stylistic artwork), but Night on Bald Mountain, Sorcerer's Apprentice and dancing hippos gets my vote!

Jawfin

It really shows what an amazing creator the man was that despite the lack of an animated film category, Walt Disney is still the man to win the most Academy Awards, with 64 nominations and 26 Oscars.

oh, trekker, i wasn't aware of that, then i'd like to amend my answer to sleeping beauty, so artistically done, and one of the more entertaining films i had ever seen

If I could screw with votes, Sleeping Beauty would have a lot more ;). Unfortunately, I don't know how to, so consider it unofficially amended.

was sleepy halo made before he passed away? if so then that gets my vote

Ichabod and Mr. Toad is Sleepy Hollow. It just was bundled with Wind in the Willows when it was made, so vote forthat one. It is what you are looking for.