UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

your Mr Freeze is Bad A$$

:jawdrop:

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, I find Morph's smiling face peeking out of the helmet in the process shots hysterical.

But seriously, Sham, Freeze is the best out of your Arkham customs. I've not played the game, so I don't know how accurate he is, but purely as Mr. Freeze, he's tremendous. :thumbsup:

dude that freeze is b e a utiful, might be my favourite so far just because of how cleverly made he is. question, is the gun the same as used for penguin or have you made a totally new one.

• 2 months later...

Hey, so I think we all know that Hulk was amazing in the Avengers movie. I had to pick up the Minimate, which was my first introduction to the new-style bulky Minimates, and they're fantastic! So I bought a Series 41 Hulk to make a custom of, and it turns out the slightly older ones aren't nearly as good with their upper arm pieces that don't connect for some reason. So that's cool.

Also Tim Sale is one of my favorite comic artists, so Hulk Gray!

HulkIsHulk.jpg

HulkIsHulk2.jpg

HulkIsHulk3.jpg

Reference

It doesn't really show in the pictures, but I carved fingers into his weird oven-mit hands. Also glued down the silly upper arm bits and did some sanding so he can actually put his arms down. So yeah.

God i love Tim Sale. Fun fact: he's colorblind, so he relies on heavy contrast in his art instead of color. Brilliant artist.

Excellent work on that Hulk.

He's colorblind? Him and the Rainbow Raider. :biggrin:

Excellent work. You really captured the look beautifully; just glancing at the photo without reading the description, I could tell it was a Tim Sale Hulk.:thumbsup:

Thanks all!

Two-Face: Yes he is, though not full no-color colorblind. I've got this big book about him and his art, great read. If I remember correctly he tells how he found out when he gave a friend a painting for a gift and they asked why the person in it had green skin. He has a go-to colorist I believe.

Punisher: It's not that new, I had just been too lazy to set up a background for a lot of my recent customs. I just put a piece of black posterboard on my desk, turned off all the lights, set my camera's shutter to 5 seconds or so, and burst the flash a couple times per shot in different locations till I had something I liked.