UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

love them! especially kim, not sure why. I'm also not sure if I like Knives's serious face, something about it just put's me off

also have they been put together beacause of a special reason,

the kiss

?

Crap, looks like the eyes are wicked uneven, especially in that first pic, it's not noticeable in person.

As for the character selection, who knows? Though if that were the case you would think Kim would have a kissy face too.

Edited by Shamrock

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love them! especially kim, not sure why. I'm also not sure if I like Knives's serious face, something about it just put's me off

also have they been put together beacause of a special reason,

the kiss

?

Crap, looks like the eyes are wicked uneven, especially in that first pic, it's not noticeable in person.

As for the character selection, who knows? Though if that were the case you would think Kim would have a kissy face too.

If you made that version too you would be my hero :P

So...uh.....not gonna ask what you do when you play with your Minimates :blink:

i LOVE them! :D i soooo hope you make stills now so that you have the whole band.
Well, that'd be tricky.

I have Scott, SErge will have Kim, who would get Stills? I can see Kim Pine fans, but is anyone that big a Steven Stills fan that they would commission just him? Cause I don't see myself making him. If I need to do a band group shot I'll QC/Photochop one out of Lucas Lee or something. But, there will be more of the band later.......

Oh, speaking of commissions, I'm sorry to say that I don't belive I'll be taking any more commissions for the rest of the year. Just gotta take a break for the holidays to work on other stuff. Sorry!

Edited by Shamrock

So...uh.....not gonna ask what you do when you play with your Minimates :blink:

i LOVE them! :D i soooo hope you make stills now so that you have the whole band.
Well, that'd be tricky.

I have Scott, SErge will have Kim, who would get Stills? I can see Kim Pine fans, but is anyone that big a Steven Stills fan that they would commission just him? Cause I don't see myself making him. If I need to do a band group shot I'll QC/Photochop one out of Lucas Lee or something. But, there will be more of the band later.......

Oh, speaking of commissions, I'm sorry to say that I don't belive I'll be taking any more commissions for the rest of the year. Just gotta take a break for the holidays to work on other stuff. Sorry!

I love The Talent? Whatchu talking about, he's the best member! I'd take one! :D

Sadly, I think the chance for more Scott Pilgrim merchandise has pretty much passed. Books are done, the DVD for the film has come out, so there's not much else to tie it into. Not sure when Mezco's putting out those figures, but they haven't been doing so hot with releasing things at sensible times lately, and I don't think DST would follow.

anywho, mini update here! I decided Scott needed his bass, and I figured I would never see a Chef Duff one again, so I decided to try scratch-building it, something I've been enjoying lately.

SPbass.jpg

It's perfect for rocking out, or defeating robots!

Basically I drew the outline of the guitar and its details onto a piece of paper, transfered that to a piece of sheet styrene (which looks like this) 3 times, and cut the parts out. The body and head of the guitar are 3 sheets thick, and the neck is 2. Then it was just a bunch of gluing and sanding. The fretboard details were carved out, while the tuning knobs are styrene rods glued in place and squished into shape with a wrench. The pickguard, pickups, and bridge were cut from electrical tape, and glued in place.

I had planned to take pictures of the process and make a tutorial, but got distracted when I was tracing the pattern onto the sheet styrene I was making it out of. So you'll have to wait till I make something else for the scratch-built accessory tutorial.

I remember Chuck saying in the past that Minimates alone aren't cost efficient enough to justify the cost of a license, so Mezzco's figures probably make it unlikely we'll see Pilgrim Minimates. I'd think the economics would be different for a comics property, but we sure haven't been flooded with indie comics Minimates....

The bass looks great, by the way!

Thanks!

Youbastards: You can find them at hobby stores, like ones that sell model trains and the like. They're usually on a rotating metal rack divided up by sheets, rods/tubes, and strips. The rods/tubes come in a handy multi-pack with varying sizes ranging from almost hair-thin to about pen sized, if you want to try them out. The rods I used for the tuning knobs were 3/64"

The rods come in sizes that are perfect for Minimate hands (not sure which) though the ones in the multi pack that are about the right size are claw killers.

I bought .030" or .75mm for the sheets. They're just about perfectly sized, around the thickness of a powerhouse chest.

The sheets are also available with some different textures on them, I just used plain.

My biggest inspiration for scratch building has come from reading propmaker's blogs like Volpin Props and Blind Squirrel. And you can expect to see more of them with my customs from now on.

Edited by Shamrock

DUDE!

So, here's the last of my commissions for the year!

BigDaddy2.jpg

BigDaddy1.jpg

BigDaddy3.jpg

Big Daddy and Little Sister from Bioshock for Mr. BrobotC!

Well, the Little Sister is designed like the one in Bioshock 2. Whatever.

Some less fancy pics:

BigDaddy4.jpg

BigDaddy5.jpg

BigDaddy6.jpg

BigDaddy7.jpg

The child-sized Minimate was made and supplied by BrobotC, who I've noticed can be a bit of a genius in part selection. I totally plan to steal his method for shrinking the normal Minimate.

Here's a shot with a 2" for scale:

BigDaddy9.jpg

Big Daddy is done entirely with extra pieces, there's a normal 2" Minimate with no hands, feet, or head under all that. Speaking of all that, here are the parts:

Hulkbuster Iron Man chest-piece, crotch-piece, thigh-pieces, and left hand. All heavily modified

DC Lobo boots. Heavily modified.

Whiplash's upper arm bands, some sculpting.

Everything else was sculpt and/or built from scratch.

BigDaddy8.jpg

And there's something I missed....oh yeah, their eyes glow in the dark!

BigDaddyGlow.jpg

Oh, and I've got a question. I post all my images directly into my posts with IMG tags, would people prefer I use the file uploading system?

Edited by Shamrock

I... am ... speechless...actually no i'm not

OMG thats is the coolest freaking awesome super epic custom I have ever seen

Dude Please let me know when your doing commissions again, I know what my next choice is!