Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

*Joke about not being dead here*

You know what's great? The Zelda games! Hardly ever played a single one of them, but I love 'em. And in my excitement to go see the Zelda Symphony next month, I thought "Hey! Minimate!" Specifically of my favorite version of Link, from Wind Waker.

WWLink5.jpg

WWLink2.jpg

WWLink4.jpg

WWLink3.jpg

Made from a 2" Minimate with modified arms and legs.

Hairpiece is a custom sculpt, the hat was sculpted around styrofoam so it's not back-heavy

Sword blade came from a Lego sword, the handle is cobbled together from bits

Shield is scratch built from styrene sheets a Minimate shield parts

Wind Waker is a styrene rod with bits added to it

Maybe more updates whenever I decide to make a bow and hookshot.

Edited by Shamrock

*insert joke about blowing me away*

Link looks great, you really captured the art style of the game, and i love the detail on his shield :D

i also love when you do different expressions, they always turn out great

• 6 months later...

Hey it's kinda funny that I'm home sick right now, cause I'm coughing like a Smoker!

If you haven't played Left 4 Dead, the Smoker is a fine chap that pulls you away from your teammates with his tongue. Also he makes smoke and coughs, cause yeah.

Smoker1_zpsbca89c98.jpg

Smoker2_zps1f2f20fe.jpg

Smoker3_zps6abda22c.jpg

Smoker4_zps82d0d5c0.jpg

NECA's recent Valve figures made me wanna tackle some of the Left 4 Dead special infected. More to come soon maybe?

Edited by Shamrock

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Oh hey, long time no see.

This may come as a shock after five years of no updates, but I'm not really in the Minimate customs game anymore!

But, I'm going through some old stuff and found some final customs I never shared because really I never finished them. These were both commissions for Punisher, and I just dropped off the face of the Earth before ever finishing them, seems like Pun disappeared shortly after I did as well. These pictures might be really big, I don't know how to work this forum anymore.

First up is Fighting JC based on the ThreeA figure by Ashley Wood.

This one is mostly done, I never got around to making the boxing robe thing. I was really proud of those tattoos.

dyeHeWu.jpg

LzO51Z7.jpg

Next up is Year 100 Batman based on the art of Paul Pope.

This one is more incomplete, there's some very WIP painting going on around the boots. He's got three alternate mouths painted around the head, each a bit more crazy than the last.

xGp0w0p.jpg

PFG8R8Y.jpg

This is not a return to Minimate customs, I just wanted to share the last of what I've got. If I ever hear from Punisher again I hope to be able to get these to him if he's still interested. I'm still painting things, they're just less blocky these days.

On that note though, anybody wanna buy some old customs? I might put some up on eBay if there's interest.

Edited by Shamrock