UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are magnificent looking, and go great together. Should we start go get our hopes up that this will turn into another rainbow Lanters, Scott Pilgrim style project?

can't agree more about the Penguin, the AC version easily the best representation of the character to date. Hated him for all the right reasons... genuinely threatening, perhaps for the first time ever. A short yet incredibly powerful/influential arms dealer, not a bumbling birdman!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hai Minimates, I need your help.

For christmas I am giving my brother's wife a custom Minimate of famed actor, writer, and director, Tommy Wiseau in his breakout roll as Johnny in The Room. I could call it done, but I feel like I don't quite have the likeness just yet, so I wanted to get some opinions on what I could change.

If you haven't seen the movie, go watch it.

And once you've done that, here's some reference pictures

Reference 1 (main image used)

Reference 2

Reference 3

And here's my custom as-is:

JohnnyTest.jpg

And please, tear it apart, say what needs to be changed, make photoshops that show what you think I should do. Likeness is everything for this custom, so I need it right and I need it right before Christmas Eve.

Thanks!

Hi Doggy.

More lines... Cover his terrifying face in lines! Serious answer, more steroids.

4-pack with ohhaimark, lisa and denny?

Use the T-1000 mate to make an end of film BD version. Stick him in a 2 pack with cancer mum.

Get cracking, you havent got long.

The right eyebrow could be a little thicker. and maybe some more wrinkle under his eye, though, like on the 90s prof x, sometimes too many face wrinkles is bad.

and maybe loose the jaw line but add a butt-chin dimple.

Edited by MsMarvel fan

Thanks for the tips, haw!

I've got a couple variations now...

JohnnyTest2.jpg

Clockwise starting from upper left

1: Original

2: Thicker Eyebrow, Changed chin lines, added butt-chin

3: 2+flipped lower lip line

4: Thinner eyebrows, cleaned up eyes, stronger cheekbones, redefined chin lines, dot for butt chin. redefined lower lip line.

I'm leaning towards 4, but it might be because it's what I did the most work to.

Thanks for the tips, haw!

I've got a couple variations now...

JohnnyTest2.jpg

Clockwise starting from upper left

1: Original

2: Thicker Eyebrow, Changed chin lines, added butt-chin

3: 2+flipped lower lip line

4: Thinner eyebrows, cleaned up eyes, stronger cheekbones, redefined chin lines, dot for butt chin. redefined lower lip line.

I'm leaning towards 4, but it might be because it's what I did the most work to.

Haha love it! And I thought I did well with my quick Norman-Wisseau variant on my avatar.

Oh hi Minimates, this year I'm actually going to post my Christmas customs!

First up, for my brother's wife, if Johhny from the hit film The Room!

JohnnyHaaaa1.jpg

Thank you guys so much for the input on the likeness, it was a big help. But I still felt like something was missing....

JohnnyHaaaa2.jpg

Oh there we go!

Next up are customs for my brother, they'll be posted when there's no chance of him seeing them before he gets them.

Merry Christmas HAAAAAWW!

Edited by Shamrock