UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shamrock, your Red Son Batman is a thing of pure beauty. The rest of the figures look great, but Bat's looks awesome. Well done, sir. Can't wait to see what you're cooking up next.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Long time no see.

Took some time to do some customizing while I was back home for winter break. One re-visit to an old custom, and the start of another possible series.

First, the blast from the past.

In the GLA/X/I, Doorman found himself in a new position: filling in for Deathurge as the Angel of Death, and he got a new costume in the process.

doordeath1.jpg

Also included is his "Death Senses Tingling" head.

doordeath2.jpg

Next, my personal favorite custom to date.

A Headcrab Zombie as seen in Half Life 2!

HeadZomb1.jpg

With losing his legs action!

HeadZomb2.jpg

And Removable Headcrab!

HeadZomb3.jpg

And yes, it can attach to any naked 2" Minimate head.....except maybe The Leader's

HeadZomb4.jpg

If nobody has noticed, I tend to start little series of customs based on whatever I'm obsessing over at the time. Sin City, Transformers, Red Son, Etc. So expect to see more Half Life customs in the near future.

With this guy, the only thing that bugs me is the hands. I wanted to use either Carnage's or Lady Deathstrike's, but there are none for sale around me, and I lost my Carnage's right hand. I went with 2.5" claw hands as the alternative, thinking they showed the weird change they go through better than the smaller ones. And, if I do find that Carnage hand, I'll use these ones to make the bulky Poison Headcrab Zombie.

Next time, the camera turns around: Gordon Freeman.

Thanks! I'll definetly be making at least one Combine soldier or Civil Protection Authority.

For now, Gordon Freeman!

Freeman1.jpg

Freeman2.jpg

Freeman3.jpg

Sadly, my Minimate arsenal is low, and I'm working out how to make a crowbar. Hopefully that will be done shortly. Otherwise, he won't last too long once that pistol is empty...

FreemanZombies.jpg

• 4 months later...

Yay! Summer is here so I have time for customs once again!

It's a headcrab zombie again, this one is going out to board member Deadpool, along with a Gordon Freeman I'll be starting soon.

Heady1.jpg

Heady2.jpg

And also, a preview.

Heady3.jpg

According to Half-Life 2: Raising The Bar, the development team noticed that upon hearing the poison headcrab's sound, playtesters would frantically start looking around for the poison headcrab so they could destroy it, regardless of any other present dangers.

Thanks Deadpool.

More from Half Life 2 to keep me busy whilst I gather the parts for Freeman: the Poison Zombie!

Poison1.jpg

For those that don't know, these fellas, like their normal counterparts, are made when a Poison Headcrab latches onto a poor victim's head. However, if a normal Headcrab Zombie is a car, then a Poison Zombie is a tank, it takes a lot to take them down.

Poison2.jpg

It's also a taxi, giving a lift to other Headcrabs, usually poisonous that are ready and willing to jump off or be thrown at you.

Poison3.jpg

The Headcrab on the back is removable by a spare head that attaches to the Powerhouse chest piece by way of a clear little tab.

Poison4.jpg

Finished my first commissioned customs, a Headcrab Zombie and Gordon Freeman for Deadpool.

I feel these are improvements over my originals, so I fully intend to re-make them just like these once more, though I'll probably save you all the update if I do that.

Orange Box Minimates come with everything you see here:

TwoPack1.jpg

Crowbar

TwoPack2.jpg

Pistol

TwoPack3.jpg

Gravity Gun and Circular Saw

TwoPack3point5.jpg

Super Gravity Gun Attachment

And a first for me: custom packaging!

TwoPack4.jpg

TwoPack5.jpg