UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up Wanted on just a whim and LOVE it...its such a fun book that its hard not to like. Your customs from it so far remind how much I would love actual minis from the book! Maybe with the movie coming more people will get into the book. Cant wait to see your take on the Killer 2. Keep up the excellent work on all your customs, your progress is awsome!

Jeff of the Minis

I loved the Wanted series, and was actually a little saddened that it wasn't a new series so much as a mini-series. Also, it was one of those properties that no one was doing customs of, so I had planned on doing some myself, but sadly, I've been beaten to the punch. Oh well, there's always...

Wow! There are fans after all, yay!

Deadpool: Yes, yes it it, painted orange, with the bottom-most handle cut off, first perfectly into the wrist.

Reideen1313: Sorry, I think it's just these two, at least for some time.

Minijeff: Thanks! It's nice to hear that I'm improving

drgnrbrn316: I think it'd be tough to turn into a full series, DC might get mad after a while, what with the fact that everybody is based off of one of their characters. And never let the fact that somebody else did something stop you from doing it, just look at the Transformers! :biggrin:

TENIME: No problem, and thanks!

Now, apparently I'm a liar, because I said I would have the new Killer in my next update.

Well, I don't.

Instead, have you ever noticed that I never really made any of those Minimates that I designed? Well, that ends now!

I'm finally making those Superman: Red Son Minimates. Of course, the parts I had available make the first figure in the "series" kind of an odd one. Not Superman, the natural first choice. Not even Batman, with his cool hat.

Red Son Wonder Woman

WonderRedWomanSon.jpg

And just in case anybody forgot about the design (Man, why didn't I get Illustrator sooner?)

I'll give you guys ten guesses for the recipe.

Thanks for all the comments

Dante_X: I could have used a Battle Damaged one, but I really wanted a calm expression, but I eventually used the BD's cape, repainted.

Another one finished surprisingly quickly

Red Son Bizarro

RedBizarroSon1.jpg

RedBizarroSon2.jpg

RedBizarroSon3.jpg

Unlike my original design, Bizarro here is from about two seconds into his fight with Superman, after he gets severely owned by heat vision. This guy was really my favorite part of the whole Red Son story, along with the Green Lanterns.

Speaking of the Green Lantern, I'm going away for the weekend, and then I only have one more week before I go back to college. So hopefully I can finish of Lantern and Batman before then.

Ha ha, well, at least I don't have to make extras now, eh?

I still intend to make Batman and Lantern, because they still haven't shown them yet.

And when the Superman and Wonder Woman are released, I'll just take my customs and turn them into something else.

And if you think I'm going to make Disco Nightwing, think again,