UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramona looks very cool. I especially like her hair. Very well done. So is the revisted Scott. Much better hair this time, although it looked pretty good on the original custom, too.

BUT, that Hellboy alien is amazing! Awesome job, Sham. Your Hellboy stuff is just great. Very impressive details and sculptings on this one. Well done once more!

Hey thanks for the comments guys!

DillG - All 2 of these guys are out of my hands and being shipped to the customer

lastmaximal - I'm sorry, but for now I've got to take a break from commissions, life's been busy, and I realized I hadn't made a custom for myself in quite a while :D. But if and hopefully when I get back into it I was actually hoping to re-evaluate my prices and get some people's opinions on what they would expect to pay.

Punisher - Keep up the amazing ideas!

Bob and Boyd - Thanks again! The Mignola style customs are really fun to make, I really want to look into making more artist-specific customs.

Edited by Shamrock

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your help everyone! Still not posting Gideon yet, in a little bit maybe. For now, another commission for Mr. Punisher.

BobaFettM1.jpg

BobaFettM4.jpg

BobaFettM2.jpg

BobaFettM3.jpg

And you can strip him down almost all the way to his pajamas.

BobaFettM5.jpg

It's now really tempting to make more Star Wars customs.

It was = fun to paint a normal human face again. It's been all Scott Pilgrim customs lately, between those was Hellboy, which was certainly out there, and Strong Guy who didn't have any eyes. I should do that more often.

I should have three more Scott Pilgrim ones in the next couple of weeks.

holy crap! i just saw this on Bob harris' website, at first i thought it was the kubrick then i saw the arm joint! awesome!

Why thank you sir. I owe a lot to Bob, he's been doing some great promotion for me and the rest of the customizers here with his blog.

I just wanted to make a quick bump to announce that' I've finally made a TOC on page 1 for easier browsing. Of course I'm far to lazy to test it out myself, so if anyone finds an incorrect or broken link, just let me know.

And hey, why does it say "MK I" next to my self-portrait custom? I never made a new one......

• 1 month later...

Hey, it's an update so pathetic that I couldn't even bother to bust out the photo studio for it!

First up, stuff y'all won't care about! It's Shamrock Mk.II and Shamrock's Fiancée!

JandH1.jpg

Technically my oldest commission, even though she didn't pay for them.

Much better likeness on me this time around, I'm not much of a Michael J Fox.

And hey look! An interesting thing! WIPs I'm unlikely to finish!

PortalWIP.jpg

On the right there's Chell from Portal 2, who was going swimmingly until I realized the logo I would have to paint on her shirt, at which point I lost all motivation to make any new custom Minimates ever.

On the left is a WIP of a bloke who would be part of a massive batch of fairly complicated customs. Any guesses?

Till next time!

Edited by Shamrock

jboogie - You're pretty close

undeadpool - I probably will be, problem is I'm just can't really find the interest for customs at the moment, it happens from time to time, and I'm sure I'll turn around and go back to 'em eventually.

Edited by Shamrock

• 2 weeks later...

Kamsm8, that jacket piece IS sculpted. I think I just started with a random skirt and went from there.

And hey! Hows about a not-Minimate? Everyone here loves those, right?

It's Arkham Asylum Scarecrow!

Well, Arkham Asylum-ish. I was trying to make the tiny canisters on his glove, and got to the point where it didn't work so many times that I didn't care, so I just slapped a big honkin' one on there.

Scarecro1.jpg

Scarecro2.jpg

Scarecro3.jpg

Recipe is a GI Joe Movie "Doctor" figure, with the torso details sanded off, screws for the gas mask, real fabric bits, and real pins for the needles.