UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I swear I'm working on the Mummy, I really am. In fact, it's done, I just wanna make something to go with it.

So for now,I made a truck.

minimusprime1.jpg

Wait a minute....

Choo-choo-choo-cha-chee!

minimusprime2.jpg

Wow! The thing that looked like a truck that totally wasn't made out of minimates turned out to be Optimus Prime!

Golly, what a disguise!

Credit Obviously goes to TENIME_art and Nervous for both the idea of Transformer Minimates, and the idea that they could transform.

Oh, and in case you ever wanted to know what the inside of one of the older 3" Minimates looks like...

minimusprime3.jpg

I call the thing that holds the head and arms "The Matrix" :D

It's best to ignore the old terrible paint app on the trailer in this pic

Now how do I make a Minimate look like a gun?

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Ok, some updates to him based mostly on Jin Saotome's suggestion from the Spawn boards.

First off is a gun, nowhere near accurate, but a gun none the less

minimusprime5.jpg

Then is the window and door details added to the sides of the cab, and the lines made their way back onto the trailer.

minimusprime6.jpg

In case anybody was curious how he looked without the trailer

minimusprime7.jpg

And just to show what happens to all the parts that come off for Optimus to "transform"

minimusprime8.jpg

I had a ball making this, and I want to look into some cheap plastic cars to see if I can make anyone else.

I'm looking at turning the waist so it's sideways, bending the legs forwards or backwards, with knees straight, removethe arms, and make a gun barrel attachment for the head

With that, one arm peg could attach the scope, and the other could hold the trigger

I really want to, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a Minimate look like a gun. And I don't want to make anything if it can't transform.

Heh. I sympathise. I myself don't like making customs unless all the components are separable (ie. so I can remove the hair from the head).

Because you can't have Optimus without him, today I present Megatron.

Minitron1.jpg

I was really hoping to only make Transformer Minimates that could, well, transform. But sadly, every possible way I could think of to make Megatron turn into a gun looked really silly. Of course, I threw in an alternative. Megatron comes with....

Minitron2.jpg

Megatron! Or a tiny, hardly accurate version of his gun form at least. Now, if I make any other Decepticons, they can us ehim as a weapon.

Decepticons, transform and somebody carry me!

Oh, and I was hoping to get Prime an axe by now, but I couldn't find one for cheap enough. Megatron has his flail thingy though.

Minitron3.jpg

Thanks for all the comments, I'm glad to hear people would actually want these things (hint hint Art Asylum)

This is really the busiest I've been with customs in a long time.

Well, it looks like I took one of Energy-Man's suggestions, and made Jazz

MinibotJazz1.jpg

MinibotJazz2.jpg

Oh, and it would seem I've started messing with the scale....

MinibotJazz3.jpg

Besides Energy-Man's suggestion, the character was really chosen because....

A: It was one of th characters I was familiar with (I grew up on Beast Wars really)

B: I had the parts. Found a set of cheap cars advertised as "Die-Cast" that really only had 2 metal cars in the whole thing. And none of them looked like a Bug.

So, that's actually a diecast piece on his shoulders?

No,I guess I worded that wrong.

There were 8 cars in the set, and for whatever reason, only 2 were die-cast. I could tell this from the package, and I Wanted plastic cars to use, so it was relatively perfect.

I can't do anything with the Die-Cast ones, the exacto would break.

Thanks for the comments!

I don't think I currently own the rights to Transformers at the moment, but I'd have to check :D

Now, I've been done this guy for a while, I just haven't posted it, because I've been working on his packaging (just a simple little box)

But I figured, what the hell?

Here's my contribution for the Minimate Charity Project: The Mummy!

donemummy1.jpg

donemummy2.jpg

Oh, and I've decided that if somebody else is going to own it, I'm at least going to sign it

donemummy3.jpg

Man that is one sweet custom. I love it! Like the little signiture on the inside. ;)