UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments.

I guess I'll throw this on here to, me entry to the Comic Covers contest, GLA #4

GLA04.jpg

b2e132d7.jpg

(Click to make Big)

Lets see, a bunch of Legos, a custom Mr. Immortal, a printed out floor made in photoshop, and some photoshop to highlight the shadows.

Then Tenime, Lurch, and Totalus posted theirs and I realizied I shouldn't have gone first :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Woo, long time no custom.

Here's my entry for the Villains Contest, Ultraman, the evil Superman from Earth 3......or 2.......or Qward....

Ultraman2.jpg

Ultraman3.jpg

This would have been a lot easier if I had a blank blue minimate.....and some decals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okie dokie, first up is my entry for the Minimate Poster Contest: Grindhouse

GrindhouseMinis-1.gif

(Click for full-sized image)

Source:

poster1-1.jpg

(Also click for full)

Making it took more than a couple designs, and those are here:

First off is the all important Cherry Darling, or the chick with a gun for a leg. Fun Fact: Initially I was just going to make the Planet Terror poster, also this is my first design made fully in illustrator

PlanetMinis2.jpg

Next is the lineup of characters at the bottom of the poster. These are the whole designs, that were later cropped when put into the poster, so some of them look rather funky. These were made by tracing photos I took of a Minimate (A bald Battle-Damaged Supes) in the poses the people were in. Included is a closeup of the one I think came out the best, Dr. William Block

PlanetMinis1.jpg

PlanetMinis4.jpg

Lastly, the 8 women at the top of the Death Proof side, also made using the bald Superman routine

PlanetMinis3.jpg

Fun Fact: The skull on the Death Proof car was squared out to make it resemble a Minimate

Simply amazing work Shamrock! I am completely rethinking my poster entry now.

Aw crap! Don't do that, I wanna win :P

Thanks for your comments everyone.

I was really despising tracing Superman after the first batch in the Planet Terror side

Thanks for the comments, and Fujis, I'm glad I could help.

On a similar note, I have a nude mummy waiting for me to cover it in toilet paper

Mummimate.jpg

Just something I felt like posting, because a lot of that will be hidden when I finish it.