UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hopefully you've all finished that series now, because I have, and I've found my new obsession.

Now, I like the fact that I rarely bother to read the main stories of both major comic companies. They're always so confusing, and everything costs so much money. But this summer is going to kill me. Sure, there's only 1 Marvel series I pick up (Dark Avengers) but DC is taking all my money. Batman & Robin, Red Robin, but worst of all....Blackest Night, the first big event I've wanted to buy all of the tie-ins from. Heck, they got me to buy almost everything I could starting at Sinestro Corps war up to Agent Orange, all because of

zombie superheroes

And I'm even back on toys (non-Minimates)

I knew that the DC Infinite Heroes sucked, but I couldn't resist the Guy Gardner & Black Hand two pack. Unfortunately I didn't realize exactly how much they sucked. But hey, the head sculpts are pretty good.

So, without further adieu, this aint no Minimate...Black Hand!

BlackHand1.jpg

BlackHand2.jpg

Just Black Hand's head and cape on a Symbiote Spider-Man from the Marvel Universe line. Oh, I shortened his neck and did a wee bit of sculpting too. Hopefully next time I'll have Guy done.

Thanks Punisher. The head sculpts and added clothing pieces are really good on the figures, I just can't figure out why the bodies aren't just shrunken versions of the DCUC ones.

And guess what? I built a lightbox!

Lightbox1.jpg

NewBlackHand2.jpg

Unfortunately I made it rather small, thinking it was "Minimate-sized" But even with Minimates it's hard to put them far back enough that the light will hit the front of them. Oh well, it was more of a test, I'll go bigger later now that I've proven to myself it can work.

Thanks guys! And I can't wait to see all you guys' take on the characters.

I'm sure you can expect a couple more from me.

At least Sinestro and Black Hand.

But I really do want to make one of each. I guess the obvious thing to do is to make the "leader" of each group (cept I would choose the elephant guy over Saint Walker) But would I just buy Hal Jordan and call it a day for the GLs?

Edited by Shamrock

i dont know if you need any gls since they already have jordan,stewart,kilowog,gardner and sallak but if yoou can you should deffinatly make some blackhand minions(martian manhunter is the coolest) and maybe some yellow or red lantern corps people

Thanks guys! And I can't wait to see all you guys' take on the characters.

I'm sure you can expect a couple more from me.

At least Sinestro and Black Hand.

But I really do want to make one of each. I guess the obvious thing to do is to make the "leader" of each group (cept I would choose the elephant guy over Saint Walker) But would I just buy Hal Jordan and call it a day for the GLs?

Well ya see, that was my trouble with coming up with a line-up. We have Stewart and Hal, but you can't just make people like Rayner, Arisia, Sodam Yat because you'll need their partners. However, i DID come to a conclusion for mine, and you are more than welcome to take my idea:

Blue/Green Hal Jordan. It was a key moment having Hal recieve a Blue ring and his unifom going all haywired-Two-face-ish, and that'd be a col Minimate. On top of that, it wouldn't be like, say, SM3 Transformation Venom because Hal actually tried and is still trying to fight in that suit. (well, that is, until

Larfleeze took it and put it on in the most recent Green Lantern.

That's gonna be crazy next issue!!)

That might be a good idea.

In other news, I just picked up the Sinestro set and why didn't anybody tell me that Salaak is the COOLEST MINIMATE EVER?!?

Now I'm conflicted, because there's something I want to make out of parts of him, but he's just too cool.