UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Back from the dead again, and the Dark Knight got me into a Batman kick.

So here's Two Face based on his appearance in The Long Halloween.

TwoFaceLines.jpg

Tried masking for the first time. As you can tell, I enjoyed it so much that I decided the Harvey Dent side doesn't need pinstripes.

With this guy, the only thing that bugs me is the hands. I wanted to use either Carnage's or Lady Deathstrike's, but there are none for sale around me, and I lost my Carnage's right hand. I went with 2.5" claw hands as the alternative, thinking they showed the weird change they go through better than the smaller ones. And, if I do find that Carnage hand, I'll use these ones to make the bulky Poison Headcrab Zombie.

Next time, the camera turns around: Gordon Freeman.

What about Marvel Zombie hands? Those are clawed.

Sweet Two-Face man!!!

I also like the packaging and Half-Life mates. The Freeman mate kinda reminds me of Adam from Mythbusters if the head was on a civilian body. :)

Nice Stuff Sham!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

Probably my favtorite Mythbustes quote

And I love that Two-Face! I'm reading the Long Halloween as I'm typing this and it's so faithful to the source! Awesome!

Thanks for the comment everyone. Trekker: I thought about the MZ hands, but I'm looking for something that portrays how long and skeletal the Headcrab Zombie hands get.

Well, this here's my submission to the Indiemates Contest. That Nazi with the robotic arm from Hellboy: Wake the Devil! For time's sake, I'll call him Hanz.

Certainly an odd choice, and I don't think I'll win over anybody by choosing their favorite character, but I like how he came out. Mike Mignola's art is pretty tricky to replicate, but Hanz here makes me want to make more in the style. Besides, before I started this guy, I was going to try to make a Minimate in Alex Ross' style.

post-73-1217822228_thumb.jpg

post-73-1217822233_thumb.jpg

post-73-1217822239_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shamrock

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments.

entertheninja!: I hate to say it, but I don't really know what I did. Just keep a steady hand, and try to reference a specific comic panel. Also, most Minimates look like they have an equivalent light source on both their left and right sides. Ignore that, and give one side thicker lines to suggest his blocky shadows.

Now, onto the new.

First up, is a custom that's been done for a long while, it's me! Shamrock!

miniMe1.jpg

miniMe2.jpg

No, you don't get a reference picture, but it's an ok likeness. Needs more acne, but I'm not sure how to Minify that. Also, I'm on the lookout for a happier face. I waited a while to pick up the Few Dollars More set to get that pocket watch hand. I couldn't justify buying a set of characters that I'm embarrassed to admit that I am unfamiliar with, just for the hand. Then, terrific accessories aside, I saw what I could do....

Niko Bellic!

Niko1.jpg

Niko2.jpg

The star of Grand Theft Auto IV. Not much to say about him, besides that he came together really quick. We need more Videogame Minimates.

Edited by Shamrock

We need more Videogame Minimates.

Amen to that Brutha! I <3 LOVE <3 the head/hair that you used for Niko! My plan is that I will make a few gta IV custums by Thanksgiving ;) !

Edited by NINTENDOwii

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love the Minimate custom contests for some reason. They always manage to wake me up from the dead to do another custom.

My entry for the Black & White contest is Batman based on the artwork of Mike Mignola.

BatmanBWMignola.jpg

Based on THIS image

It's surprisingly fun to limit yourself to a certain color pallet when painting.

Also, because I've ultimately decided that I will NOT be finishing it, I'm attaching a work in progress. As a continuation of my Half Life series, I bring you a partially completed Fast Headcrab Zombie.

WIPfastzombie.jpg

I normally wouldn't do this, seeing as I can't find the right hands and I really don't want to sculpt another headcrab (let alone one with its legs crossed), but I thought using the stripper Black Spiderman chest piece was slightly clever, and I wanted to at least show that.

Edited by Shamrock

Very Nice Shamrock...

That batman looks great and I just picked up the orange box for $20 and only last week found why "we dont go to ravensholm" great job but you have to finish it... let me rummage in my parts bin again just to be sure I dont have a spare one of those hands ....

T.

I might finish it. Though what I was really looking for were some Lady Deathstrike hands.

I certainly won't do anything else with it.

Now those I DO know I have sitting waiting to be sent your way. PM me with your addy.

T.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments.

TBT!, looks like you talked me into it

Before that though, some Batman villains.

First off, I bought the Batman/Clayface pack to make the Mignola Batman, and didn't know what to do with Clayface, besides making Sh*thead from Wanted. Not wanting to do that, I just did a little mod, throwing in black lines to highlight the sculpt.

ClayfaceMini.jpg

And I decided to give this a try while trying to figure out what to do with a Modern Cylon. Mostly inspired by Batman Beyond, it's Mr. Freeze!

MrFreezeMini.jpg

See ya next time!

Have to say I really like that Mr freeze, we need to find some sort of dome to go over his head and he'd be perfect ;)

T.

One comes with the Kubrick Freeze. . .or, you could check out the throat spray/hairspray caps (or some such thing) at Wal-Mart.

By the way, your Batman looks awesome Shamrock.

Edited by karamazov80

I'll look into that, thanks!

Apparently I'm on a Batman spree now, but switching to the movie this time.

First up, the Joker from The Dark Knight

MiniJoker1.jpg

MiniJoker2.jpg

Second, is TDK Two Face

MiniAaronFace2.jpg

MiniAaronFace1.jpg

This one was officially the hardest face I've ever painted, this is actually the third attempt.

The first have too much detail, the second having too little, and this one falling in-between.

On the flipside, Joker was actually the easiest face I've painted. Fun.

The jacket is the Man in Black's second jacket from the For a Few Dollars More set.

Your TDK Two-face is awesome! Great paint work.