UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #7

Shanester

1.Will we ever see a Moon Knight Minimate?

2.Will we ever see an Aztek Minimate?(for DC,of course)

3.Any chance of Robocop MiniMates?(favorite MGM movie, by the way)

4.Will the new license be Star Wars?

5.is it possible you guys could re look Street Fighter and make wave 2? (Ken and Blanka is my most wanted Minimate set)

6.Will wave 21 and 22 have Gambit,Deadpool,Psylocke,Black Knight,and Moon Knight?(Moon Knight is my most wanted Marvel since Archangel)

7.Could you possibly make a Civil War Spiderman and Cosmic Spider man two-pack? (Cosmic Spiderman is my favorite Spiderman)

The odds that 1, 6, and 7 get a straight answer are slim, as they generally don't announce specifics in the Q&A segment.

2 won't get an answer because DST doesn't handle DC figures.

4 has been asked before.

And you'll likely be disappointed by the answer to 5.

Thanks for answering our questions!

In 2007, Diamond Select Toys stepped up its marketing of the Minimates brand with new licenses, posters, contests, and more announced releases. Has the investment in the brand been successful? What goals do you think the brand still needs to accomplish? Does DST have a long term (5 or 10 year) strategy for the brand?

Are pre-orders for the boxed sets any better than the 2-pack cases? And if so, would you consider releasing Minimates EXCLUSIVELY as boxed sets as you have with 24, Lambs, BTTF...? (I'm so done "chasing" figures. It's nice to simply buy the ones I want with no worries about the secondary market.)

Hello again, first off I would like to say thanks for answering my questions from previous Q&A's.

1, With the success over the past year for Batlestar Galactica Minimates and having shown them at this years NYTF in the diorama, has there been any new interest by retailers for the Mini-flyers. It would be sweet to get a wave of them with the two classic (Raider/Viper), two modern (Raider/Viper mark VII) and an added variant such as Scar.

2, With the guaranteed success of the upcoming Speed Racer movie, I am wondering, does DST (after the purchase of AA) have the license to do Speed Racer toys still? With Mattel and LEGO doing movie stuff and JADA doing classic diecast, can DST make any merchandise for Speed Racer these days?

3, Any chance of DST making reproductions of their Minimates promotional posters themselves or through an online venue? I have been looking for the Battlestar Galactica one for a long time and I know people would buy the cinema ones.

Anyway, thank you for your time,

-pickle

Hey DST,

Have you guys ever considered another Indiemates boxed set or even line? Theres lots of companies to choose from, and im sure that they'd sell great at comic and specialty shops. Id love to see top cow, image, aspen, dark horse, etc.

Thanks!

I was wondering, what were the chances for generic character boxed sets, ie civilians, cowboys, swat teams, police etc. I'd imagine they'd be popular, and are open to a much larger market that a specific license.

Are the sculpted heads easier to make? The Silence of the Lambs boxset has a bunch of scupted heads and they looks round and not-too-great. Is it cheaper than a new hairpiece?