UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Why no Red Skull minimate?

JAG2045

Why not just make him in a German officers suit without the Nazi symbol. Give him the hat and pistol and you got a Red Skull.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is my top wanted villian too.

I personally want to see Dr. Zoom, Black Adam, and Crime Syndicate baddies the most, but as far as Marvel goes, beyond a Modok (which I'm not sure would work in Minimate form), Red Skull is right up there. He's laughing at me from a Sideshow Collectibles banner as I write! That cruel, cruel bastard!

I know-that Sideshow banner first made me laugh and is now just mocking me. Especially since when I clicked on it and went for the 360 look to see their take on the uniform, it caused my browser to crash. You won this round, Red Skull!

......I know-that Sideshow banner first made me laugh and is now just mocking me. Especially since when I clicked on it and went for the 360 look to see their take on the uniform, it caused my browser to crash. You won this round, Red Skull!

They just gave him the red armband with the white circle and instead of the swastika a black iron cross emblem.

......I know-that Sideshow banner first made me laugh and is now just mocking me. Especially since when I clicked on it and went for the 360 look to see their take on the uniform, it caused my browser to crash. You won this round, Red Skull!

They just gave him the red armband with the white circle and instead of the swastika a black iron cross emblem.

A good marketing stance I'd say. Sideshow still sell their wares in Europe ;) & it would still be technically illegal in Germany to openly display a swastika.

AND for the record ........try & find a Nazi swastika displayed on ebay, apart from on stamps & coins etc.,..... you won't.....or not for long :mellow:

Look...I'm no Nazi. That said, I do think the Red Skull is one evil villain and one of my favorites for his completely evil plans and unwavering commitment to world enslavement. If the Red Skull were a real person, I'd certainly not want a toy of him, but he isn't. He is a comic book charcter that was created to represent an evil that existed in strength, at the time of his birth.

Swastika, or no swastika, I just want a Red Skull minimate.

At this point, I don't care if he comes in his goofy green-jumper, as long we get him! As much as I love my "battle ravaged" Punisher (despite the navy-blue color), I still think that they passed a great opportunity to get Cap's ultimate nemesis to us via an exclusive. Hell, even Punisher would have made more sense paired with Spidey or Daredevil. Of all the lines, I've never understood what they're thinking when they plan these Marvel waves. Example: we've had an enormous amount of Spidey and Wolverine variations, fine I can live with that, yet after all these years we're still lacking many of their main villan counterparts (Electro, Kraven, Scorpion, Vulture, Shocker, classic Sabretooth for crying-out loud, Omega Red, etc.). They just miss so many opportunities that it seems less likely at times to pair them with anyone else. I love Marvel Mates (it's what initially started my mini obsession), but their releases (up 'til recently) have consistently bewildered and pissed me off! They've got over 40 years worth of resources at their disposal and the comics virtually do the work of dictating "who goes with who" that it really shouldn't be this difficult. "'Nuff said"!

Wow, I apologize. I really do. My joke was totally off colored and in bad taste. It was however a joke. And I seriously apologize if I offended people.

Okay new prayer. "Lord, I am quick of tongue and quick to speak. Put a block on my tongue fingers, so that I might not speak type foolishness. Amen"

I am not a Nazi. I do not support the Nazi movement. I am not a member of the KKK, Black Panthers, or any other such hate-arousing group (unless you count the Southern Baptist Church, which some people actually do). I have several friends who are Jewish, and even some gay friends, several British friends and I myself being a non-Lutheran, all of which were groups that the Nazis persecuted unmercifully.

When I mentioned that I thought Nazis are awesome, I was speaking about the idolized Nazis. Indiana Jones, Danger Girl, Red Skull. All these stories downplay the Hitler-ness Nazis, with the mass murders and evil-taking-over-the-world bit.

I believe that the horror of the Nazis has been lost over the generations. You have people like Iran's president activly saying that the Holocaust never happened, but you also have an entire generation that hasn't known much war, and people, for the most part, get along. This isn't the good vs evil of WWII, this isn't even the bad vs evil of Vietnam and the turbulent uprising of the 60's. No one really remembers what happened, except out fathers, our father's fathers and our great grandfathers. Does that make it okay, or somehow less important? No. We always need to remember, to make sure it never happens again. But you have things like Family Guy, which makes light of the Nazis and Jews on an almost weekly basis. People are forgetting. And that's perhaps the saddest thing of all.

So, I'm sorry.

I, however, would like to see Red Skull in his Nazi garb. I will list this in a pros/cons sort of way.

Pros:

He's the Red frickin Skull. Of course he's a Nazi. Ergo, he needs a Nazi uniform.

We got Captain Falcon (the DC character)

The Fourth Reich showed up in JSA and killed a bunch of people. Granted, it was DC and they were evil, but it shows Nazis are still able to be Nazis in comics, along with the afore mentioned Indiana Jones and Danger Girl. And Tomb Raider comics if I'm not mistaken.

The Nazis were real people. It would be historically accurate

There's been worse people than the Nazis

Hitler has been made by various companies. If the Fuhrer can be made, why not his underlings?

There are so few villains in Marvel MMs. We need a biggie.

Cons:

The Nazis did horrible things to millions of people

It might offend someone

Minimates are not known for their accuracy, historical or otherwise.

Um... Nazis bad? Sorry, I'm all out.

So okay, the pros definitely outweigh the cons, but there are powerful cons. So I think Red Skull SHOULD be made in his Nazi garb, however it should be handled tactfully. Like, just have it there and don't mention it?

Again, I apologize for my previous off-colored comments. At least I didn't show Mein Kampfy comics. :unsure:

EDIT: I've decided that I was probably just consumed with the need for a Red Skull Minimate. I have an idea how to have Red Skull be a Nazi upset anyone. I needs to =REMOVED TO TO OFFENSIVE STATUS= :D

• 3 weeks later...

They got everything they need to make a Red Skull (as long as DCD would let them use Blackhawks parts). I think we'll see a Red Skull soon. As long as they manage to keep the Marvel license.

Sweet custom... I'll have to get around to getting another Blackhawk. Till then my existing Skull will have to do.

I agree if they make another Spymaster or mysterio character with out touching on the basics I will be.......well I'll just continue buying the mini's but I wish they would get some of the big names out of the way instead of another spider man/wolvirine.

With the success of the Defenders box set and the soon-to-be-coming Civil War set, why not a Death of Captain America set? We could finally get Red Skull, and also the Winter Soldier, new costume Cap and maybe a Sharon Carter (which you could army-build female SHIELD agents out of).

With the success of the Defenders box set and the soon-to-be-coming Civil War set, why not a Death of Captain America set? We could finally get Red Skull, and also the Winter Soldier, new costume Cap and maybe a Sharon Carter (which you could army-build female SHIELD agents out of).

That is the best idea I have heard all day!

That is the best idea I have heard all day!

I am full of the genius ideas.