UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Why no Red Skull minimate?

JAG2045

Something struck me recently regarding the marvel minimates

How is it that DST have never released a minimate of the red skull? I mean, he is one of the most popular marvel villains

Has a reason ever been given? I thought it was wierd that Captain America was released with both the absorbing man and the rhino, neither of which are his main enemies?

Does anyone know

JAG2045

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DST has a strict anti-Nazi policy, so they aren't going to give any attention to someone who was essentially Hitler's right hand. Same reason we haven't seen the Hatemonger.

Actually, I imagine it is the same reason we haven't seen a lot of favorites, in that the line has to revolve around Wolverine and Spider-Man to remain marketable, meaning that the rest of the ranks are filled out accordingly. So Cap is a friend of Wolverine and Spider-Man, but the Red Skull is not. Given recent trends though, if Marvel were to continue past wave 20, I wouldn't be surprised if he did show up sometime in the future.

This crossed my mind when I first came aboard here. I worked it out for myself. The swastika & Nazis are synonomous with a very dark period in world history & it is perhaps correct that a figure who personifies Nazism should not become a Minimate. My personal opinion is that this is the CORRECT decision for a company such as DST to corporately make . It would however not be the decision I would make & I would love to see a Red Skull 'mate. Ironically we can't have a Red Skull but it's fine & dandy for us all to salivate over the upcoming 'Silence of the Lambs' set which glorifies rapists & serial murderers!

.....& before anyone thinks that I sympathise with anything Nazi,you're wrong. The Red Skull is merely a character in a comic book series that I have been reading for over 40 odd years.

I agree. Red Skull is just a character, like Galactus. I personally do not advocate the consumption of humans (or other sentient species) as Galactus does. I do, however, applaud the willingness to make a figure (even if it is in MaxiMate form) of a character with such a controversial moral stance.

Seriously, though, ToyBiz was able to make a good Red Skull (Web Trap series?) without causing a stink. A Red Skull/WW2 Cap 2-pack would be much welcome.

Seriously, though, ToyBiz was able to make a good Red Skull (Web Trap series?) without causing a stink. A Red Skull/WW2 Cap 2-pack would be much welcome.

I know that at least 2 different Red Skulls were released from the Marvel Legends line, so the apparent non-Nazi stigma of DST certainly doesn't carry over to Toy Biz. If DST is only offended by the swastika, they could release the Skull in his modern, non-Nazi garb (like the figure from the Face-Off pack).

Ok, I seem to have generated a "fact" in my earlier comment, so let me clarify that DST has no "Say no to Nazi" standpoint (to my knowledge) that is keeping them from releasing the Red Skull. It's just a matter that the Red Skull has not been prominent in the last few years of comics up until the recent Captain America storyline, so he hasn't really gotten the chance to shine. Since the last two or three comic related waves of figures have been more fan choice than anything, I would imagine that if the line continues Red Skull will see production.

I agree. Red Skull is just a character, like Galactus. I personally do not advocate the consumption of humans (or other sentient species) as Galactus does. I do, however, applaud the willingness to make a figure (even if it is in MaxiMate form) of a character with such a controversial moral stance.

Your comment about Galactus ......spooky.....I was going to add similar :ohmy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ashtonn27/gun019.jpg

They got everything they need to make a Red Skull (as long as DCD would let them use Blackhawks parts). I think we'll see a Red Skull soon. As long as they manage to keep the Marvel license.

Sweet custom... I'll have to get around to getting another Blackhawk. Till then my existing Skull will have to do.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/Rheul/redskull.jpg

I dunno, marvel made Mysterio, so Relevancy is clearly not an issue. And as others have stated, you can

pull off a Great looking Red Skull and avoid any Nazi stigma...You could just do his nearly all black outfit and all youd need to do is add a zipper line. Dude wore a turtleneck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ashtonn27/gun019.jpg

They got everything they need to make a Red Skull (as long as DCD would let them use Blackhawks parts). I think we'll see a Red Skull soon. As long as they manage to keep the Marvel license.

I am so jealous of that custom....my face hurts.

that is freaking amazing and while i do not want to derail this thread. please share with us how you did it.

I have to agree with whats being said you dont need a nazi symbol to make a red skull.

Either something along the lines of the blackhawk custom linked in an above post or a plain black bodied red skull in say a blade trench coat and I would be happy.

both of those mates could be packed with a WW2 Cap Am or a Bucky and I would buy

There's nothing to stop a Red Skull Minimate from being made. Lego makes 'Nazi' soldiers in their Indiana Jones line, and that's a way more mainstream toy than Minimates. Also, great custom!

Man, why is everyone so down on Nazis? Nazis are awesome!

Except if you're gay. Or a Jew. Or a non-Lutheran for that matter. Or British.

But aside from that, Nazis are awesome!

On a serious note, I literally don't understand why Nazis are so non-PC

And you wonder why you were banned from so many sites.... :blink:

T.

I know that was meant to be a joke but it was a little in bad taste.

I genuinely believe every forum needs someone like TM2 Dinobot ..........every house needs a toilet :lol:

By the way TM2 , I believe Nazi Germany were the last nation to declare war on the United States. The United States , I should point out, includes Texas.

Why Nazis are so non-PC ? If you really are serious & I'll try to be ........Nazis are non-PC because they embarass modern, civilised, rational people by reminding them how easily modern, civilised, rational people can be manipulated into perpertrating evil.

We were talking about the Red Skull ,the Minimate & its eventual manufacture , that would be awesome & non-PC with FA to do with the Fourth Reich.

post-638-1201775912_thumb.jpg Don't mess with TexaSS.

you are kidding right?

the largest killing machine in modern times, and you wonder why it is not pc?

The regime that almost wiped out the jewish race

Let me ask you a question if your great grandfather, grandmother, grandfather, etc was murdered by someone, and a while later, they wanted to make a toy about it...you might not be upset? seriously?

I am all for making a red skull figure. But NO WAY would I put him in a Nazi Outfit, no Arm Bands...nothing even close.