UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I hate MSG

luke314pi

MSG is Monisodium Glutemate, and it is a food additive that many restaurants use to "enhance" the flavors of their food. Well I am sensitive to it, like millions of other people, and I got hit BAD last night. I think TGI Fridays decided to put about a gallon of it in my Jack Daniels chicken. I didn't just have the back door trots, I had the back door Indy 500. :o

Anyone else sensitive to it?

I have NO problems with it at all, but my youngest son gets real bad stomach problems from it. I have learned much about the stuff over the last few years.

Let's face it kids. Without it pot noodles would taste really very bad indeed! But yeah, too much of it is not a good thing. Unlike too much booze which is both big and clever and only to be recommended. *hic*

Let's face it kids. Without it pot noodles would taste really very bad indeed!

So if they took it out no one woul notice ;)

Hmm I think it's one of those evils I pretend that doesn't exist, like calories in beer!

Don't usually have an issue with it but Im not super keen on Chinese these days... I ate way too much 'mall chinese food' when I was in Auz & NZ.. to a poor backpacker it was mana from heaven, but now... :unsure:

T.

MSG is ok for me but mango gives me Montezuema's Revenge. I'm noticing it being put in more and more dishes here in So Cal (as SD and TBT can probably attest). Anyone else have issues with mango? Are any of you eating it in other parts of the world?

I can't buy a salad anymore without getting mango in it.

MSG is ok for me but mango gives me Montezuema's Revenge. I'm noticing it being put in more and more dishes here in So Cal (as SD and TBT can probably attest). Anyone else have issues with mango? Are any of you eating it in other parts of the world?

I can't buy a salad anymore without getting mango in it.

Lol - I'm cool with mango but yep it does seem to be creeping into a lot more stuff here....

Pears... are my digestive downfall.. I give them aprox 15 mins... :blink::blink::blink:

T.

p.s. great way to start a new forum.. instead of a 'welcome thread' it's a whoosh gone goodbye to food thread :huh::blink::unsure:B)

I just bought some orange/mango toothpaste the other day in La Jolla. I thought "orange/mango, wonder what that would be like?" Well it's like brushing your teeth with orange/mango gel, what a surprise. Not that good after a night at the bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can tell because it causes an unearthly rumble in my stomach. But it is monosodium glutemate on ingredient lists.

At restaurants that use alot of it, like Chinese buffets, you can even taste it. But at other restaurants, there really isn't any way to tell until it affects you.