UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Itunes

karamazov80

Itunes song count  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How many songs do you have on Itunes?

• 1-100
    • 100-500
    • 500-1000
    • 1000-2000
    • 2000-5000
    • >5000
    • zero

I was just noticing my obscene amount of music on Itunes, and was wondering what other forum members might have in the way of songs. At the moment, mostly transferred from my own CDs and the mp3s that I've accumulated over the years, I've got 4,971 songs, and over 13.4 days worth of music, taking up 17.41 gigs of memory on my rinky-dink, $350 computer. It is ridiculous. . .but I'm betting somebody here can beat me :)

Edited by Reideen1313
added zero as choice

Guys,

I think this thread belongs in the Minimate Arms section.

Whoops, I usually look at "New Posts," so I'm unfamiliar with the categories--I thought that this fell into the "everything that doesn't fit below" category. If some mod reads this, please move it wherever it belongs.

Yeah. Plus, you forgot the 0 option in your poll, so I can't vote.

Again, if someone with the power to do so reads this, please add a category for "0"--I don't want to discriminate against the haters out there.

Yeah. Plus, you forgot the 0 option in your poll, so I can't vote.

Again, if someone with the power to do so reads this, please add a category for "0"--I don't want to discriminate against the haters out there.

I'm not a hater, just not a downloader. I guess you could call me an "indifferenter" (or maybe "bringer of unrelenting apathy...er").

I did a quick check, and I'm at 1841 - - Didn't realize I was even close. And yesterday I picked up Taylor Swift's new album and both High School Musical Soundtracks, so it's about to get bigger!! :D neo

You need to add zero because, well, itunes is stupid.

I never cared one way or the other about Itunes until I received a little Ipod shuffle for my birthday last year. I really only use my Ipod when I go jogging, when I'm riding my bike, or when I'm traveling (and its great for those purposes). However, Itunes has really grown on me. Now, I wouldn't recommend buying anything from the Itunes store, mind you (b/c its in this stupid file format that can't be used by any other program), but the program itself is a great way to have all of your music in one place without having to hassle with CDs. Discs load fast and automatically on my Itunes whenever I put them in the tray, and so I've got nearly all of my CDs there, and its like the largest multi-CD changer of all time. Plus, you can organize your songs to play however you want.

More generic mp3 players like Windows Media Player could probably essentially do the same thing, but Itunes makes it really simple and efficient (and whenever I upgrade to one of those 160 gig Ipods or whatever, it will be a simple, easy way to tote all my music around). That's my take on the whole thing, anyway.

You need to add zero because, well, itunes is stupid.

I never cared one way or the other about Itunes until I received a little Ipod shuffle for my birthday last year. I really only use my Ipod when I go jogging, when I'm riding my bike, or when I'm traveling (and its great for those purposes). However, Itunes has really grown on me. Now, I wouldn't recommend buying anything from the Itunes store, mind you (b/c its in this stupid file format that can't be used by any other program), but the program itself is a great way to have all of your music in one place without having to hassle with CDs. Discs load fast and automatically on my Itunes whenever I put them in the tray, and so I've got nearly all of my CDs there, and its like the largest multi-CD changer of all time. Plus, you can organize your songs to play however you want.

More generic mp3 players like Windows Media Player could probably essentially do the same thing, but Itunes makes it really simple and efficient (and whenever I upgrade to one of those 160 gig Ipods or whatever, it will be a simple, easy way to tote all my music around). That's my take on the whole thing, anyway.

That's one of the reasons I like mine so much. I was making due with a 512mb Rio for a long time. Now, I can load my entire library to the Ipod and carry it with me wherever I go.

I don't get why so many people dislike iTunes. It's probably the best and most well thought out music delivery platform that benefits everyone from artist to record label to consumer. Awesome product/service.

I don't dislike it, but I've liked it less since 5.0. Man they screwed up a fantastic program with that update! :(

I'm on 3078 songs. 14.7gb 8.1 days of continuous play. I'd have more but as I've only got a 40gb hard drive I keep having to delete stuff. Roll on new iMac and Ipod classic. :D

I hit the 10,250 mark right before my iTunes had a little hiccup with the harddrive it's all stored on.

Right now, I've managed to rebuild it to around 8700, but I'm less interested in trying to rebuild it completely... I'm sure I'll never listen to most of it, but I get bored and start getting complete discographies of weird shit that I really don't need...

P.S. I really don't like iTunes, but it's pretty easy to use. I wish there was more freedom with it, but it'll work.

I'm another Zero, As Shane says it's intrusive and restrictive.

As for my choice of Media player, I have a Creative Zen M 60gb, it's as fuss free as an Ipod and more importantly isn't as picky as to the source of the music or video's ( intentionally non specific here, but I'm sure you know what I mean). It's big enough to take everything musically I've thrown at it and IMO is far superior for video's, I've hardly ever had to convert video files from the various sources I get them because of it's range of built in codecs and most of the time I have 4-5 TV series and a bunch of movies with room to spare. oh yeah and did I mention it has video out so I can watch stuff in HD on my TV using it?

Yeah it's a bit of a brick compared to most players these days but I seldom take it anywhere when I dont have a backpack with me anyways so it's really not an issue.

T.