UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rate your collection!

Rate your collection!  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your Minimate collection?

• I wish they'd hurry up and release more minimates so I could collect something
    • I'm just missing a few rare things
    • I have a lot but there's still a lot I need as well
    • Wow, that's a lot to collect
    • HELP!

Where do you stand? I'd say I'm somewhere between 2 and 3. I have trouble getting the newer waves.

I can't get no. . .satisfaction. I've got most of what I want, but there's always something else of course.

About the only things I'm missing are variants I just didn't care enough to buy at the time of release. At this point, I'm out of room for display, so everything I've gotten in the past 3 months has sat in their boxes, waiting for my new display case to get set up.

Need to get rid of some fish and an aquarium first though. Anybody in the Omaha area want some fish free of charge? :)

Sort of between 1 and 2. There are some that I don't have, but I wouldn't say I'm missing, and then there are a few I'd like to pick up, but just haven't got around to yet (Defenders, Zombies). I have a Web Armor Spider-Man on the way from AFX for doing reviews :)

At this point I'm just collecting Marvel and DC stuff. As for Battlestar and the movie mates, I'm just not into all of them. I might collect some of the 24 stuff but that's about it. It's good that there are more minimates out there, but I am certainly not gonna collect them all.

I am not a completist by any means. I only buy the mates that I like and want to display. Even then I will often modify them to bring them closer to my ideal version of the character, such as combining parts from the various Thing releases. So there are definitely holes in my collection, but they are not holes that I want to fill.

I'm mostly missing newer mates of all waves. I'm feeling increasing financial stress due to bub, so most of 07 I was sometimes very up to date with full waves and chases , other times really lagging behind. Now have a local retailer supporting Minimates again it's good to know not alone locally in liking them, but much more competition to get chases so making it harder to ensure full sets. Some of the lines (Star Trek, BGC) I missed out on even non-chase packs locally, so hitting the russian roulette that is ebay more often :(

I have decided to only collect A few Dc mates, of which I have none : (, Marvel mates, and the BTTF ones. I've gotten almost all of the new mates that I want. I'm still missing the Defenders, Web-armor spidey, all of the BTTF Mates, and all of the DC Mates I'm looking for. If there is anone who can help me with these a pm is appreciated. Also I am missing the Ben reilly minimate and couple older ones that I am desperately needing.

I think I have everything that I want, and am just waiting for the new stuff. I'm not a completist, sort of. If I buy a line, then I'll get everything in that line, but I don't buy every line. For example, I passed on Speed Racer, and am likely to pass on the FAFDM set.