UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collector's Universe??

Howdy all!

I'm being sent to NY to go on a business trip next week.

My office & hotel are in the Time Square/Rockefeller Center area.

I see a listing for Collector's Universe on the comic book shop locator for that zip.

Has anyone here had any experiece shopping there?

I also know there's an FYE near Time Square... anyone ever been there?

Thanks in advance

Hey CC,

I haven't been to Collector's Universe before. However, I would recommend visiting Midtown Comics. They usually have a good selection of toys and comic books.

Also I just walked by the FYE in Times Square, but didn't go in. It looked like a decent size store that would of carried Minis.

Have fun in NYC. I love that city.

I was in NY for new years eve, I happened to pop into Midtown comics and the have a large store, and they do have quite a few minimates, but mostly from newer series. I walked by Collector's Universe and they were closed, but through the window it looked like they had a lot of neat stuff. Minimates though I am not sure. Anyway, New York city is fantastic.

P.S. what hotel? I was at the Edison, fantastic.

Opps.. forgot to mention Jim Hanley's Universe on 33rd near the Empire State Building is pretty good too.

Pickle, I don't know if the hotel question was for me, but on my two trips to NYC I stayed at different hotels.

First time, the Hotel Pennsylvania. I thought this place was horrible. Personally, I would not recommend this hotel.

Second time, the Hotel Mela. This place was great. Small rooms but clean and relatively new. When I visit NYC again, I'm definitely booking my stay there.

Theres an FYE in NYC?! Thats the place that sells Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin, right? Do any of you guys know if it will still be available in April because thats when I'm going.

Vig

I was in NY for new years eve, I happened to pop into Midtown comics and the have a large store, and they do have quite a few minimates, but mostly from newer series. I walked by Collector's Universe and they were closed, but through the window it looked like they had a lot of neat stuff. Minimates though I am not sure. Anyway, New York city is fantastic.

P.S. what hotel? I was at the Edison, fantastic.

My company put me up at the Kimberly Hotel... I don't know much about it, except that it's expensive even by California standards and they staff with people w/ British accents so they sound particularly "elegant".

I found the FYE and Collector's universe are both within walking distance (I think)... I have to look up the other recommendations to see if they're reachable on foot.

Avoid the New Yorker. Looks fantastic from the outside but the rooms are tiny and the staff are anything but 'elegant'.

Jim Hanley's is on the same block as that big pointy building. You know, the one that big monkey went up.

Avoid the New Yorker. Looks fantastic from the outside but the rooms are tiny and the staff are anything but 'elegant'.

Jim Hanley's is on the same block as that big pointy building. You know, the one that big monkey went up.

'' Good Morning officer,I don't mean to bother you but I'm from England & I'm looking for Jim Hanley's. Could you possibly help?''

''Well,well,well,top of the mornin' to ya sir. Jim Hanley's? Now ya see that there big old pointy building?

''You mean the one with the planes machine-gunning the roof?''

'' Dats the one sir,well head for that & you'll find Jim Hanley's right below''

''How will I know for sure its Hanley's ?''

''Dats easy sir,the big ol' monkey shits on it evey morning!''

it has been a while but last I was in NYC

ST. MARK'S COMICS

11 ST. MARK'S PLACE

NEW YORK, NY

(212) 598-9439

was a great place had good selection of minimates.

also in the area is

Toy Tokyo Retail Store

121 2nd Ave 2F. NYC, NY 10003

Phone: 212.673.5424

FAX: 212.673.5450

Store hours:: everyday 1PM-9PM

which has a great selection of toys from japan. both places are down in the villege but take the blue line to st markls/ astor place. I am pretty sure that is right. also check out http://csls.diamondcomics.com/default.asp it is a great cite for checking out comic stores in different areas.