UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #6 Answers Discussion thread

Shanester

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou....

Will the "Back to the Future III" mates have the boot-feet that "FaFDM" do? I noticed that the proto-pics showed them with normal ones.

DSTChuck: Boot feet

Boot feet! Frickin BOOT FEET! *dances*

3.) If Spider-man and Wolverine ran off together to start a new comic book company outside the Marvel license, how would that impact the Marvel line?

DSTChuck: I think you’d have to ask Marvel but for me I guess I’d have to turn to Spider-Woman and X23 for the anchors to the line.

This made me chuckle

5)Y’all are doing a great job with the Transformers busts. I'm really enjoying them. I have a quick question. Why are there so many retailer exclusives? And do y’all also have the license for Beast Wars? If you do will y’all be doing show accurate statues/busts like the much mourned Hard Hero Rhinox and Waspinator, or more comic book inspired like the rest of G1? Either way, I've been waiting years for any representation of TM2 Dinobot.

DSTChuck: I THINK our license includes Beast Wars so you never know. As for why so many exclusives, again I’ll be VERY honest with you… The TF busts cost a TON to sculpt and produce with the size, detail and paint that goes into them. On top of that we keep them limited to only 1000 pieces so they stay pretty collectible. SO we have to do the exclusives with our partners to make the line profitable.

And this made me cry for joy. They have Beast Wars! :D

Yeah, thanks to the DST guys for playing along, as always.

Based on the answers, it sounds like they're at least planning on more Marvel, so that's always good. Of course, there's a huge part that's out of their hands in the matter. It still eases my mind to know that they haven't opted to just drop the line.

Also got more proof that Shane was a Skrull.

It seems like every question I ask I get some smart-assed answer about. I'm not asking for DETAILS. Just "Yeah, pretty good chance on some of those" or "No, not much of a chance on those" or something. But "why not buy a lottery ticket and let me know" doesn't tell me anything. It just makes me feel like they think my questions aren't worth giving a straight answer to.

I think I'm done asking questions.

It's good to know that the Tek line will keep going. :)

Hmmm...I'm thinking that their Marvel license may have only been a five year thing or something and they purposely let it run out only to start a new re-worked contract. i.e. bigger 'mates, maybe 'vehicles' like the goblin's board, and maybe window packaging like the rest of their lines. This is only my guess, but that seems to make the most sense.

It seems like every question I ask I get some smart-assed answer about. I'm not asking for DETAILS. Just "Yeah, pretty good chance on some of those" or "No, not much of a chance on those" or something. But "why not buy a lottery ticket and let me know" doesn't tell me anything. It just makes me feel like they think my questions aren't worth giving a straight answer to.

He doesn't really like to answer that kind of stuff, but sarcasm tends to be good.

three skrull answers, but no foot hole answer? dang. If anyone has info on my question, I'd still like it answered...thanks

I can tell you. When the C3 minis were started, it was fairly early in the life of Marvel minis. The "C3 feet", as they have been commonly reffered to, just seemed to work better and would prove more economical for all lines and not just C3.

The question was asked in a Q&A once, but I am thinking it was on the old Art Asylum boards.

Drgn, I love the avatar. Apparently this is on my birth certificate.

HE IS MERCILESS! HE IS INHUMAN! HE HAS POWERS FAR GREATER THAN EARTHMEN! HE MAY BE A DEADLY SKRULL FROM OUTER SPACE! -Signed Dr. Richards

It seems to me that he did answer your question. The probability of winning a lottery is very, very low, right?

Thanks for answering Chuck. Pretty damn quick as well.

I'm glad my question about not selling to us non-Americans was answered seriously. Doesn't make the situation any better, mind, but at least it was answered.

Nevermind.

Jo

Edit - sounded unintentionally sarcastic first time around

1)With Vision 2.0 coming out soon, is it possible we will see the rest of the Young Avengers anytime soon? A box set of them would be just awesome! *Crosses fingers* lol

DSTChuck: I don’t think so..

2)Is Black Widow (Yelena or Natasha) planned for any upcoming waves? They should be fairly easy to do with so many great parts available. The BSG Six's hair just screams Yelena =D

DSTchuck: Not right now.

Do you guys think these are sort of loop whole questions? Like Young Avengers being in a wave(not boxset) or Black Widow in a Boxset(and not the regular line)?

They just really seem like they were too straight forward, which just seemed a little strange to me. Plus I really want Young Avengers and a Bblack Widow :tongue:

Seeing as Ultimate anything is proving popular, will we be seeing any Ultimates or Ultimate Characters in Mini Form soon? X-Men, Spidey, and Goblin were good teasers, but Iron Man is a necessity.

DSTChuck: I think if all things were to go well there is a chance we’d look at Ultimates again for ideas.

I'm getting a reading from my crystal ball.....

Seeing as Ultimate anything is proving popular, will we be seeing any Ultimates or Ultimate Characters in Mini Form soon? X-Men, Spidey, and Goblin were good teasers, but Iron Man is a necessity.

DSTChuck: I think if all things were to go well there is a chance we’d look at Ultimates again for ideas.

I'm getting a reading from my crystal ball.....

I hope so. It's not like Hasbro is doing Ultimate anything.

I think that he was saying that IF they keep the license, then they would look at Ultimate. As has been said I think DST are doing everything in their power to get that license, and so are thinking about future waves etc. I'd be gutted if they lost it, but I hope they can get a strong line to take its place.