UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Those Lead marvel Figurines

Yay for you US based peeps.

From LITG:

"...coming to America, something unprecedented for a UK partwork publications. From October, American comic shops can order issues 31 and 32, and in November 33, 34, 1 and 2, December, 35, 36, 3 and 4 and so on.

Until now, Americans have been forced to pay high amounts on eBay. Now they won't have to."

Yays

I only have one at the moment, Spider-Man, which Robster sent me a few months back. But I have to say that I was impressed with the detail and weight of the figurine. Now I'll have to find it and show my local CBG to order it. Is this through the company Ady or Diamond? Otherwise I may have to get a helping hand on this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow marvel heroes wannabees, i am currently collecting and selling the marvel classic figurine collection. All figurines and info can be found on www.marvel_figurines.co.uk and from myself. These figures are the best i have came across, the detail is perfect, paintwork superb, boxed to protect from damage and a total of sixty figures in total plus SPECIALS. A mutal friend tm2bd passed this link onto myself so i plan to keep a close eye on this board to get your guys feedback and info on the past, present and future of the marvel world

One of the cool guys from here sent me a Capt Britain Figure ( as a brit abroad in tha US it was very apreciated) and it's pretty cool.

Seems they have gone to a lot of effort to get good sculpts for these.

T.

p.s. welcome aboard scrim2k4

THE LATEST RELEASE OF THE MARVEL CLASSIC COLLECTION THIS SIDE OF THE POND IS MEPHISTO AND CYCLOPS. HOW MANY OF THE 25 RELEASED HAVE YOU GUYS PICKED UP YET. THE TWO SPECIALS HULK AND JUGGERNAUT ARE SUPERB AND WEIGHTY BEASTS SO POSTAGE MAY BE SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN THE STANDARD. MY CURRENT FAVOURITE IS STILL THE THING, HE WEIGHS A TON AND LOOKS MIGHTY IMPRESSIVE BUT RED SKULL AND VENOM LOOK AWESOME BUT ARE NOT DUE FOR RELEASE FOR SOME MONTHS. I READ THAT THEY ARE BEING RELEASED STATESIDE THAT IS BAD NEWS FOR SELLERS LIKE ME BUT HEY YOU GUYS ARE GOOD AT COPYING US BRITS, I HASTEN TO ADD I AM SCOTTISH BUT MOST AMERICANS HAVE NEVER HEARD OF US AND CLASS US ALL AS ENGLISH. GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK ON THIS AND ANY OTHER RANGES AVAILABLE IN THE USA.

Glad to have you aboard, plan on checking out the website when I get a chance. I have a buddy in Ireland and might have to call in some favors. Oh, and he loves being considered in the UK or English too ;) You were saying these are coming to the states, any idea who through? Thanks for posting, hopefully you'll still post on a regular basis and with pics :D

Is this the correct web address scrimgeour2004? I tried clicking on the link above, but nothing came up. I'm sure Shane's going to need that new Hulk figurine. Have to say, not alot of misses in the collection. Kind of wish they were a tad bigger, but like what they've done still the same.

the website address is www.marvel-figurines.co.uk for the UK based figurines.

Only two of the fantastic four are available to buy at the moment, THE THING and Human Torch, Mr Fantastic is not due for a month or two and Invisble girl middle of next year. Click on the link to see the figures in the range so far. They are released in pairs each month and the current issues are number 24 & 25 so you can work it out from there. There were pilot editons released to assess if it was feasible to run these figures, although the same figures they changed the issue numbers on them and the first six figures came complete with a little box detailing their names. upon the success of the pilots the full run went into production and they changed the run of the figures and did not supply the box covers. For full details of the different numbers check out ebay under seller scrimgeour2004 and click one of the figures for sale. I recently sold numbers one to four but have 5 STORM and 6 IRON MAN available. The listing gives all the figures details on the pilot and normal run. I think for the money these figures are tremendous value and the scale is just right as there will be over sixty in the full run and i dont have a room big enough to hold them if they were any bigger HA HA. Any questions please ask

Hello fellow marvel heroes wannabees, i am currently collecting and selling the marvel classic figurine collection. All figurines and info can be found on www.marvel_figurines.co.uk and from myself. These figures are the best i have came across, the detail is perfect, paintwork superb, boxed to protect from damage and a total of sixty figures in total plus SPECIALS. A mutal friend tm2bd passed this link onto myself so i plan to keep a close eye on this board to get your guys feedback and info on the past, present and future of the marvel world

the website address is www.marvel-figurines.co.uk for the UK based figurines.

Only two of the fantastic four are available to buy at the moment, THE THING and Human Torch, Mr Fantastic is not due for a month or two and Invisble girl middle of next year. Click on the link to see the figures in the range so far. They are released in pairs each month and the current issues are number 24 & 25 so you can work it out from there. There were pilot editons released to assess if it was feasible to run these figures, although the same figures they changed the issue numbers on them and the first six figures came complete with a little box detailing their names. upon the success of the pilots the full run went into production and they changed the run of the figures and did not supply the box covers. For full details of the different numbers check out ebay under seller scrimgeour2004 and click one of the figures for sale. I recently sold numbers one to four but have 5 STORM and 6 IRON MAN available. The listing gives all the figures details on the pilot and normal run. I think for the money these figures are tremendous value and the scale is just right as there will be over sixty in the full run and i dont have a room big enough to hold them if they were any bigger HA HA. Any questions please ask

Ah, there you go, you had a underscore(_), instead of a dash(-) in your initial post. Anybody have any ideas how these are being distributed in the states? Is it going to be like Titan publications Trek magazine, through Diamond? Definately like these and would love to pick them up.

Have you seen a listing with the run that the figures are being released in the states as it seems strange that it runs 1,2, 30, 31 etc. The british version is distrubuted by Eaglemoss and the website was up and running for months prior to despatch. Unsure of the other European countries running them but i know they are produced in French.

All figurines come with magazine and only subscribers get the spiderman rooftop figurine. It is not available to order, binders and display plinths can be ordered anytime if in stock

Sorry guy about the _ & - mix up. Does anybody know for sure, like Eddie Murphy, COMING TO AMERICA or is it wishful thinking

The american numbering is done so that eventually the US catches up with the UK.

30, 31 will be hitting the UK sames time as the US, with the 1,2 released in order to let the americans catch up.

I *think* binders, plynths and subsriber spidey will all be orderable via diamond in the US

Does anybody know for sure, like Eddie Murphy, COMING TO AMERICA or is it wishful thinking

100 % sure that these are coming out. We have them on order ... YAY! As far as I can tell (what we've been solicited with) they are offering 4 figures at a time: 2 from the beginning and 2 of the most recent releases. Looks like they'll do this until they hit the end.

Did I mention that we're sooooo excited to carry these? I've been wanting to get them ever since we first saw them on the old AA boards ... contacted Eaglemoss and they refused to deal with us in the US because of licensing issues. I was understandably upset. So we moved on and hoped that we would be able to get these later down the road.

Well guess what? Now we good! WOOT!

I've seen these up close and they are fantastic ... picture shrunken maquettes. But a LOT of them.

Me = happy.

Xy

I love these things too, have Spidey on my desk and picked up others for friends, sadly I just didnt/dont have the space to collect them.

I'm glad the 'kid will have them in and that the US is getting them, you wouldnt believe how many Americans demanded them (and just once I thought I could get something you guys couldnt)

Fantastic, but if you get four a month that is sure going to hit your american wallets my friends, $50 a month will sure put a dent in your wallet but you have the advantage of not waitng 2.5 years to complete only 1.5 years. I am surprised that they have not relaunched the series with different figure numbers like the PILOTS we had over here to create a "UNIQUENESS" that Americans usually demand rather than catch up from us Brits

May be so, i have sold tons of these figures to the USA from Florida to Alaska and once they get released across there everybody will go nuts for them as i have not seen anything better that can be displayed, behind i glass i may add as the plinth are not my cup of tea, or stored in their little boxes safe and sound living in harmony. I do wish they had continued with the sleeves for all the figures as i think it sets them of perfectly. have to go now as i am on GMT. Check in again tomorrow.

wow, the Trekies couldn't get the Star Trek Fact Files direct released, didn't expect US release for this.

That said, I did expect a Australian release, yet nothing doing -_-