UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Terminator Minimates!

Okay. So I just saw the new show, and I LOVE it! It's already way better than anything else on TV. The only thing that could possibly make it better would be Minimates. I think it should go like this:

John Connor/female Terminator

Sarah Connor/male Terminator

Battle damage female/T-800

Variant: BD Female/"time jump" Sarah

Hmm, would that make the first naked minimate? :P

Spoilers on the show:

I want to know what model the female robot is. I don't trust her. She doesn't seem Terminator enough. I also found it odd they only went 8 years in the future. Past when Sarah is already dead. 0-o

I hope they explain that the timeline is in flux and not set after T2. That's why the show and T3 can be in the same universe yet not the same, and why the T1000 might never have existed in T3.

Thoughts?

I thought it was OK. A pretty standard action show, but certainly better than a lot of other crap on TV nowadays. The special effects were pretty good for a one hour cable TV show, the acting was acceptable, and its great to see two robots really beating the hell out of each other. . .unfortunately, I don't see them doing that every episode, and frankly, I never cared about Terminator b/c of the drama, so. . .we'll see where they go in the future (if it lasts), and I'll withhold serious judgment until a few episodes in.

I would prefer classic Terminator Minimates over those from the show, btw (and I would prefer Aliens Minimates most of all!).

Gotta say, I liked this show, and I'll keep watching, at least for awhile. If there's a chance for Terminator minimates, I say, bring em' on. They did a bang up job on the Cylons, I'd love to see AA take on a T-800.

Holy Frak, that is AMAZING work! These could be official, they look so good. And the cut-out head piece for the battle-damaged Arnie: BRILLIANT!

I saw the first 2 episodes yesterday I love when they check each other through the walls. in case any one missed an episode (like me) you can ketch up at http://www.fox.com/fod/player.htm?show=tscc

So I saw the episode tonight. it's still holding my attention, but I'm still slightly perturbed that they're not tying this into T3. :/

are you sure? maybe they are leading up to it.

That's what the producers said. Here's how I understand it played out. The guy that owned the Terminator license, T1 and T2, died. He left the rights to a company. They had a falling out just as T3 was coming out. One side that had a major hand in T1 and T2 went one way and made the SCC. The other guys that were the major players in T3 went on to make T4 and eventually T5 and T6.

So the producers from SCC said that T3 does not exist in their world. Maybe they'll change their mind and retcon it once T4 hits in 2009.

So the producers from SCC said that T3 does not exist in their world. Maybe they'll change their mind and retcon it once T4 hits in 2009.

I wonder, depending on the success of the series, if the 4th movie might not be altered to follow from its story moreso than from Terminator 3?

Also, I love the battle damaged Terminator Winkerbean. I knew that Sandman would be good for something!

That's what the producers said. Here's how I understand it played out. The guy that owned the Terminator license, T1 and T2, died. He left the rights to a company. They had a falling out just as T3 was coming out. One side that had a major hand in T1 and T2 went one way and made the SCC. The other guys that were the major players in T3 went on to make T4 and eventually T5 and T6.

ahh I see, that make sense. After I posted I realized that T3 took place the year it came out (2005?) and SCC is taking place in 2007. It has been a while since I saw t3, and unlike the first two I only saw it once. thank you for clearing up the mix up