I've been MUGGed!

Reideen1313

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you can see him better in this one:

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mod...00&start=20

but yeah he's a custom too, judging from the "toms" part of the sign that's visible...

For a minute I thought they might be starting an H.P. Lovecraft line or something :)

I have no talent for customs, but I would've liked one of those squid guys! Too bad...

For a minute I thought they might be starting an H.P. Lovecraft line or something :)

The same thing crossed my mind. It would have been nice to see Hasbro try a brnd new idea (line) in the Muggs style. Oh well, heres hoping they will be more then customs.

I don't grt it. It's the Mighty Muggs section but 15 of 21 are of Spider-Man figures. What the hell.

And I'm not going t get Galactus until I see how he looks with a minimate Silver Surfer or Reed Richards.

If you go look at the SDCC gallery at www.action-figure.com, and click on the Indiana Jones idol photo (I'd go back and find the link to post, but my ancient computer's taking forever to load certain sites today) you can see part of the back of the Optimus box, with Bumblebee...

Now I'm not saying you *should* go look -- the best thing I can say about him is that he makes me like the Optimus Mugg a lot more...

If you go look at the SDCC gallery at www.action-figure.com, and click on the Indiana Jones idol photo (I'd go back and find the link to post, but my ancient computer's taking forever to load certain sites today) you can see part of the back of the Optimus box, with Bumblebee...

Now I'm not saying you *should* go look -- the best thing I can say about him is that he makes me like the Optimus Mugg a lot more...

There you go battlecat I think thats the link.

Indy idol with back of prime box

post-179-1216981323_thumb.jpg The Ironman movie mug is cool and shiny looks much better then the original pics I've seen

I want that Iron Man Movie Mugg so bad. Where can you buy it from?

when i went last year they had a booth with the exclusives like for that it was like around the center

Edited by link 46

when i went last year they had a booth with the exclusives like for that it was like around the center

Thanks but I'm not going to the convention. I'm stuck here in Britland. I was hoping for an online retailer. Hopefully they'll be one in a few weeks.

Thanks MiniFiend. Here's a better photo of the back of the Optimus box, showing all of TF wave 1:

http://sdcc08.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbro/m...s/IMG_1917.html

I still think that Bumblebee's pretty bad, but the Soundwave is cool.

That Iron Man does look awesome (the bright convention lights really sell it too!)... I hope there's enough left over for toy websites to pick them up, it's one of the few bigger exclusives I haven't seen up for preorder either.

A sneak peek for 2009! Not really impressed by that Cap but the other 3 look fantastic. Really like that they went for an additional collar piece for Vision and the more Iron Man armors, the better! And they found another use for Yoda's head lol

160__scaled_600.jpg

Update: Found this pic of some new Star Wars muggs coming. New Versions of Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Han Solo, with new characters like Plo Koon, Tarkin, and what looks to be another Sith (don't know the character lol)

SWSDCC11__scaled_600.jpg

Edited by ARE-JAY

I had seen those customs on ebay and was tempted to bid but these customizers want outrageous amounts, quite ridiculous. Plus, with official ones coming, no need =)

See, i sort of agree and don't...you're paying for a custom figure, a (possibly) one off figure that nobody else has and that someone has spent time and money to make and poured their energy into, much like a lot of the customisers here...

That to me makes it special although obviously there is a limit (person to person obviously) on how much you spend to get that figure...

And have TF: Animated MM's been announced ?

Also found a custom Bumblebee & Soundwave set of Munnys

Update: Found this pic of some new Star Wars muggs coming. New Versions of Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Han Solo, with new characters like Plo Koon, Tarkin, and what looks to be another Sith (don't know the character lol)

that other sith character is Darth Revan from the Star Wars "Knights Of The Old Republic" video game.

Edited by Mighty Mugged

that other sith character is Darth Revan from the KOTOR video game.

KOTOR. . .sounds like a barbarian warrior of some kind. "KOTOR is not pleased!" goes on killing frenzy with giant battle axe.

Nice finds on new pics.

The marvel wave is great and I like they are also going into the ultimate universe. I agree that the other Transformer Muggs look a little weak next to Prime, Megatron needs his long barrel on his arm, Bumblebee is just mehh and I thought soundwave had a funny shaped head so that doesn't seem to translate in the picture.

Jigsaw & Punisher rumoured to be TRU exclusive.

post-179-1217057123_thumb.jpg

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Thanks but I'm not going to the convention. I'm stuck here in Britland. I was hoping for an online retailer. Hopefully they'll be one in a few weeks.

as far as i know ebay